1 1
jakee

Clarence Thomas

Just now, kallend said:

I'm not sure it has shallow learning capacity either.  It claimed to learn how to find an antipode, but still failed every time in the same session.  And that was the first test I thought of giving it.  (Incidentally, it is woke and prefers to be called they/them rather than "it".

It is, however, smarter than Eliza. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

But can it find the humor in things? 

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

I'm not sure it has shallow learning capacity either. 

It has almost zero learning capacity, other than what it holds in short term memory which is intentionally limited.  It is an inference engine trained on Internet data.  It is NOT trained during use.

1 minute ago, billvon said:

It has almost zero learning capacity, other than what it holds in short term memory which is intentionally limited.  It is an inference engine trained on Internet data.  It is NOT trained during use.

So it lied to me.  Oh the humanity!

30 minutes ago, kallend said:

I'm not sure it has shallow learning capacity either.  It claimed to learn how to find an antipode, but still failed every time in the same session.  And that was the first test I thought of giving it.  (Incidentally, it is woke and prefers to be called they/them rather than "it".

It is, however, smarter than Eliza. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

In case that seems like a weird question to have asked it, I am in Australia (Hobart) right now and was curious as to where Hobart's antipode is, so I asked and got a clearly incorrect answer (wrong hemisphere, even).

(edited)
13 minutes ago, kallend said:

In case that seems like a weird question to have asked it, I am in Australia (Hobart) right now and was curious as to where Hobart's antipode is, so I asked and got a clearly incorrect answer (wrong hemisphere, even).

So, does that mean the whole internet needs to brush up and put more focus on geography? And since I'm too lazy to figure it out and you already have, what is Hobart's antipode?

Edit, I suppose I asked the wrong question. I mean WHERE is Hobart's antipode?

Edited by gowlerk

15 minutes ago, kallend said:

Maybe you should have asked it where the Sea Dragons could be found, how the Tasmanian Devils getting along, or where to get a cold one. You know, something useful that a  a first year ChatGBT bot might know.

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Maybe you should have asked it where the Sea Dragons could be found, how the Tasmanian Devils getting along, or where to get a cold one. You know, something useful that a  a first year ChatGBT bot might know.

But I know all those answers already.

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

So, does that mean the whole internet needs to brush up and put more focus on geography? And since I'm too lazy to figure it out and you already have, what is Hobart's antipode?

Edit, I suppose I asked the wrong question. I mean WHERE is Hobart's antipode?

42.9N 32.7W  fairly near the Azores.

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

So, does that mean the whole internet needs to brush up and put more focus on geography?

Well first the Internet has to _care_ about geography.  To most people, the world looks like one of those New Yorker cartoons, populated by the local bars and delis, LA somewhere over on the horizon, and Africa and Antarctica sort of "somewhere else."

11 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well first the Internet has to _care_ about geography.  To most people, the world looks like one of those New Yorker cartoons, populated by the local bars and delis, LA somewhere over on the horizon, and Africa and Antarctica sort of "somewhere else."

Well, I must admit I had no real idea where the Azores are. So I spent 45 minutes reading about them and their history. On the internet. It's all there you just have to have the curiosity to look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyhays said:

It had better answer 42 

JK
what is the answer to life, the universe and everything?

The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, according to Douglas Adams' famous book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," is 42. However, it should be noted that this answer is meant to be humorous and is not intended to be taken literally as a serious answer to this philosophical question. The meaning of life and the nature of the universe are still open to interpretation and philosophical inquiry.

5 hours ago, kallend said:
JK

what is the answer to life, the universe and everything?

The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, according to Douglas Adams' famous book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," is 42. However, it should be noted that this answer is meant to be humorous and is not intended to be taken literally as a serious answer to this philosophical question. The meaning of life and the nature of the universe are still open to interpretation and philosophical inquiry.

Well, the answer is 42.

What that answer actually means is entirely dependent on the question.

However, understanding both the question and the answer at the same time is impossible.

7 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Well, I must admit I had no real idea where the Azores are. So I spent 45 minutes reading about them and their history. On the internet. It's all there you just have to have the curiosity to look.

I have in my pocket, a device that allows me to contact the majority of the people on the planet and to access almost the entire knowledge of mankind...

I use it primarily to argue with strangers and look at cute pictures of cats.

(Note: This is not my quote. But it sure fits)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

A lot of hate for a black man that had the temerity to leave the Democrat plantation 

Given your obsession with Hunter Biden getting paid, are you ok with Clarence Thomas’s corruption?