Remster

They both have AADs, so everything's cool right?

This is one of, if not, the best videos I've seen regarding wearing cameras as a new jumper. Whoever allowed this video to get out should be thanked for sharing it. They screwed up, lived to tell about it, and could have easily kept it to themselves.

Sure it was dumb. They were the first to know about it. I suggest not bashing these guys but learning that almost dead looks just like that.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Reminds of a guy who kept trying to do his chest strap.
Even after landing on the ground.

Difference between good 4 way team and the bad 4 way team.

Good 4 way team makes one big thud, the bad 4 way team goes thud, thud, thud, thud.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Up to the AAD fires it looked like a pretty sweet FS jump :P

It's a good video to show to students, I had my right arm searching for a pilot chute watching the ground rush.

Glad they're ok, and hopefully have learned a powerful lesson in altitude awareness. I know if it had been me I wouldn't be able to forget it.

Bluhdow

I call 'em like I see 'em. If I were the DZO they'd never jump at my DZ again.

I can't wait till you accidently pull at a grand or so.

You see very little. People you know, or probably have heard of, have done almost exactly that. Its dumb but they won't do it again.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Quagmirian

Perhaps he checked his altimeter after landing to make sure it was zeroed correctly or it hadn't just stopped. That'd be my first reaction after landing.

Or maybe he just though he could make up for all the missed alti checks in free fall by repeatedly checking it on the ground.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Quagmirian

Perhaps he checked his altimeter after landing to make sure it was zeroed correctly or it hadn't just stopped. That'd be my first reaction after landing.

My first thought was he was doing that out of wishful thinking. If it was "stuck" at a high altitude, he could try to scrape together a shitty excuse, rather than having to accept that he just fucked up and almost died with his buddy.

grimmie

They got the dock.

Exactly! The best part of the video is the huge shit eating grin on his face just before his AAD cheats The Reaper.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***They got the dock.

Exactly! The best part of the video is the huge shit eating grin on his face just before his AAD cheats The Reaper.

Hey at least one of them did check the alti while still in free fall :P

Also looks like he started to go for his main just after the reserve deploys.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Looks like a jump I made with another guy when we both had ~30 jumps.:S
Neither of us had an AAD.
Fortunately, he realized we were low and dumped as I was coming it to dock, bringing me back to my senses.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am a dirty low puller from way backI've been turning points in several formations below 3500 ft. but even I when watching this video was screaming don't go for the last. Point .....Pull ! ! you crazy b****** pull !I would not be surprised to find out that nobody on that had over a hundred jumps:S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .