4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

12 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The Ice Caps didn't melt .. The polar bears didn't die off... 1/3 of Florida isn't under water and the Barrier Reef has more coral than ever. The Snows of Kilimanjaro are still here and all the glaciers are intact...You've been scammed... But keep believing the BS ... I find it funny.

So, Brent — enjoying all this well-founded support for all your arguments?

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I recently purchased the DVD "An Inconvenient Truth".. Many schools made the kids watch this. Were you guys some of those poor kids? I recommend that you all watch it now if you haven't. Virtually EVERY prediction this Yahoo made has Failed miserably. I know you hate being wrong and I really don't care what you believe. I'm not here to change anyones mind and on the flip side I don't always have to be  right ... However the truth is ... There is no Climate Crisis.  Brent has pointed that out to you but the real facts don't seem to matter. How many people do you know that have died from this Climate Crisis? What are their names again? CO2 is a nutrient for plants. As the sun heats the earth the oceans release more CO2 ... So as temperatures rise so does the CO2 ... Our CO2 levels on this planet have been as high as 7000 PPM... We are currently around 420 PPM... If it drops to 180 PPM the plants all die and we will follow. World Famine.But I'm not here to change your mind. It's easy to fool people but harder to convince them they have been fooled ... I don't have the time to waste.  Now back to DB Cooper ... It's been fun meeting all of you nice folks.

I love this argument. A politician was wrong, therefore the science cannot be correct.

Brilliant reasoning. Did you find that in the constitution as well?

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Obviously you have not seen the Documentary ... 

There are documentaries that prove we never landed on the moon, that the Earth is flat, and that Bigfoot exists.

Wise people do not heed nonsense just because it is in a "Documentary."

18 hours ago, Slim King said:

I recently purchased  . . .

I counted seven mistruths (the politically correct term for "lies") in that ramble.  You have a ways to go before you can challenge Brent for top misinformer I am afraid.  He can get three in one SENTENCE.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, billvon said:

And the Arctic:

https://www.democracynow.org/2022/6/17/headlines/study_parts_of_arctic_warming_seven_times_faster_than_rest_of_the_earth

But it's currently cold in the Antarctic for no reason that BrentHutch can think of, so there's no global warming.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/everywhere-is-warming-twice-as-fast-as-the-rest-of-the-world.5138110/

4 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Besides .. Liberals will just change the meaning of the word Scientist if they want a different outcome .. Pretty transparent.

You just claimed that ‘Scientist’ means ‘any professional, businessman or politician’.

6 minutes ago, Slim King said:

My Bad .. I don't always have to be 100% correct. 

Don’t worry. I’m quite sure no one is expecting that from you.

8 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Bottom line .. I would trust just about anyone over a government bribed sudo scientist

Are all climate scientists government bribed?

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Don’t worry. I’m quite sure no one is expecting that from you.

Are all climate scientists government bribed?

Yes, of course. That’s the only reason anyone goes into “science”. To ride on the government conspiracy gravy train!

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

Looks like 1200 Scientists agree with Slim King.  Newest info!!! There is no climate emergency...   https://clintel.org/world-climate-declaration/

So just for fun I checked out those climate scientists, experts who understand the science of climate change so well that they can say authoritatively that it's not happening.

Ivar Giaever - physicist who did groundbreaking work in electron tunnelling in semiconductors.  No work on climate.
Guus Berkhout - Dutch engineer who works for oil and gas company.  Not a scientist.  No work on climate - and a financial incentive to deny climate change.
Cornelius Le Pair - a retired adminstrator who oversaw research into liquid helium physics.  Not a scientist.  No work on climate.
Reynald Du Berger - geophysicist who teaches geophysics in Canada.  No work on climate.  Runs a denier blog.

I stopped there.  Looks like you have a group of people (not all scientists) who have no background in climate change, but who want to deny it.

Try again!

I would trust just about anyone over a government bribed sudo scientist

So why the claims that they are scientists?   You posted breathlessly that you found "Scientists" (your caps) to try to give your claim legitimacy.  Now you don't trust scientists?   You're sort of arguing with yourself here.

14 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Yes, of course. That’s the only reason anyone goes into “science”. To ride on the government conspiracy gravy train!

Yep.  Those scientists, lighting their Cuban cigars with $100 bills while laughing at all the poor, starving Exxon vice presidents who work their fingers to the bone and struggle to even get enough yachts for their families.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

Guus Berkhout - Dutch engineer who works for oil and gas company.  Not a scientist.  No work on climate - and a financial incentive to deny climate change.

You don't understand, only when you are paid by the government is there a bias. Anybody paid by the oil and gas industry is inherently truthful and neutral.