4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

On this forum it’s called trolling, especially when you support your argument with facts.

Which facts do you think he was using when he said the CIA covered up Kennedy’s assassination? Which facts do you think he was using when he said Putin was the good guy fighting against a Nazi Ukrainian government? Which facts do you think he was using when he said Obama invaded Afghanistan after 9/11?

Again, you should really think twice before rushing into bed with this guy. The fact that he agrees with you on AGW does not help your cause.

Edited by jakee

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Which facts do you think he was using when he said the CIA covered up Kennedy’s assassination? Which facts do you think he was using when he said Putin was the good guy fighting against a Nazi Ukrainian government? Which facts do you think he was using when he said Obama invaded Afghanistan after 9/11?

Ummmmmm....Alternative ones?

21 minutes ago, lippy said:

Ummmmmm....Alternative ones?

Chosen facts. If you have a conclusion, you can always dig up facts to support it. The intellectual honesty comes in evaluating the importance and/or significance of the facts countering your desired conclusion.

Wendy P. 

27 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Chosen facts. If you have a conclusion, you can always dig up facts to support it. The intellectual honesty comes in evaluating the importance and/or significance of the facts countering your desired conclusion.

Wendy P. 

Well for the "facts" that lippy was quoting, you can't really choose them unless you choose an alternative universe...

9 minutes ago, Slim King said:

but even on this forum people say that it can't be seen by the naked eye.

nice way to misinterpret what was said here...you know it's recorded right? You can just go back and read it.

50 mm of sea level rise can definitely be seen by the naked eye. Just not by people who are wilfully blind like you.

Edited by olofscience

25 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I thought it was funny that Obama said the world is flooding and then bought beach front property ... And you all believed him ... rotflmao

I love this right wing projection thing that always happens.

I know that Republicans said Ivermectin was great and you believed them because you're conditioned to trust anything that your favourite poiticians say - but the rest of us aren't like that. I've never seen anyone here get their scientific information from Al Gore or Barack Obama.

Regardless, what does Obama care whether his beachfront house falls into the ocean in 20 years? He can afford it, so why wouldn't he enjoy it now?

35 minutes ago, jakee said:

I know that Republicans said Ivermectin was great and you believed them because you're conditioned to trust anything that your favourite poiticians say

No, he believes them because he found a totally legit website with an official sounding name and EVERYTHING!

• Like 1

@Mods why is the troll still here? It was funny when it looked like a sockpuppet but now it's looking more like an active disinformation account, spreading links to drive engagement to certain videos/articles and help bump up their search rankings. Even humble forums like this one add legitimacy in the eyes of the algorithm.

It's pretty obvious they're never going to engage in good faith. And I doubt they pay as well as Brent does... ;) 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If that is all you can contribute, it would be best for you to stay on the porch.

What is your opinion of The Hundredth Monkey?

Again, the fact that you cozy up to these outrageous conspiracy theorist maniacs as soon as they express support for your climate ideas shows incredibly poor judgement on your part. It genuinely hurts your cause whenever one of these nutcases agrees with you, because they sure as hell never intersect with reality in any other topic.

15 minutes ago, jakee said:

What is your opinion of The Hundredth Monkey?

Again, the fact that you cozy up to these outrageous conspiracy theorist maniacs as soon as they express support for your climate ideas shows incredibly poor judgement on your part. It genuinely hurts your cause whenever one of these nutcases agrees with you, because they sure as hell never intersect with reality in any other topic.

I am responsible for what I post, not what others post.  I have enough on my plate beating back these outrageous man-made global warming maniacs. (Some of these wackos even think men can get pregnant):shock:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

If that is all you can contribute, it would be best for you to stay on the porch.

I am on the porch, it's a nice morning out here.  That doesn't change the fact that rambling BS posts full of fake science are annoying, whether they come from you or from any number of monkeys.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I am responsible for what I post, not what others post. 

Exactly. You’ve repeatedly posted support of Slim King and now you’ve posted in support of The Hundredth Monkey. You know that those posts hurt your cause, right?

17 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Are you calling me a MONKEY (Or others on this forum).. Howard Cosell got fired from ABC for calling names like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Cosell

There’s a user called thehundredthmonkey. It’s not particularly unreasonable for other users not to type the whole name out and have to bypass spell check. That was the reference  

Wendy P. 

6 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I've seen this ploy before. Mods allow someone to call others of a different mindset names and do nothing, but if someone returns the favor they are booted. I'm happy you saw what was happening here.

It’s literally his chosen name on this forum.  He can’t choose to identify himself as Monkey then pretend to get touchy about being called Monkey when that’s the only identifier he’s given. What other name should we use?

(Actually we all know his name is Rhys, but he’ll deny that.)

12 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I've seen this ploy before. Mods allow someone to call others of a different mindset names and do nothing, but if someone returns the favor they are booted. I'm happy you saw what was happening here.

Go back and read what I wrote in the context of the other user name I was obviously referring to, before you go full out with the righteous indignation.  I'm sorry if I violated your safe space to a point where you're trying to get my canceled.