4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

23 hours ago, Slim King said:

The Ice Caps didn't melt .. The polar bears didn't die off... 1/3 of Florida isn't under water and the Barrier Reef has more coral than ever. The Snows of Kilimanjaro are still here and all the glaciers are intact...You've been scammed... But keep believing the BS ... I find it funny.

Let me guess - you heard all that on FOX News, or one of your favorite denier blogs.  But excellent attempt to change the subject away from your fail!

The ice caps are pretty big; it might take awhile for them to melt. Kind of like how it generally takes a long time to have really serious health problems from weight and diabetes. But if you see the evidence starting, it might be easier to fix the problem early, rather than waiting to see if you like being overweight and diabetic. And then expecting that a pill will make everything perfect again. It won't.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

I don't watch Fox. I'm not nor have ever been a Republican.

I didn't claim you were.  Why did you bring that up?

I totally believe the Climate is constantly changing ... From 7000 PPM CO2 to 420 PPM CO2... So I've never been a Denier .. That is kind of like using the N-word isn't it?

Do you deny that our emissions of CO2 (and a few other gases) is causing the global average temperature to significantly increase?

The Ice Caps didn't melt. Do you claim they did?

The ice caps are indeed melting.  Antarctica is melting at an average rate of 150 billion tons per year, and Greenland is losing about 280 billion tons per year to melting.  That's a big deal.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Let me guess - you heard all that on FOX News, or one of your favorite denier blogs.  But excellent attempt to change the subject away from your fail!

Just where is he wrong?

Are the ice caps gone? Polar bears extinct? Large parts of Florida under water? Kilimanjaro snow cap gone? Glacier National Park glacier free? Great Barrier Reef devastated?

He gave you lots of targets, try to hit one.

(I’m guessing you  will try to set up a straw man and or resort to a lame Ad hominem attack)

Fine. He was hyperbolic. The actual statement was that some models show a 75% probability, but that statement was inaccurate, and made to dramatize what he sees as an existential threat. 

Sometimes having a famous mouthpiece isn't the best choice. Look, for instance, at Rudy Giuliani and Trump.

Does that change what's actually happening?

Wendy P.

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Fine. He was hyperbolic. The actual statement was that some models show a 75% probability, but that statement was inaccurate, and made to dramatize what he sees as an existential threat. 

Wendy P.

Nothing has changed, other than the hyperbole has gotten more hyperbolic.

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just where are the first signs of trouble?

Mounting deaths from heat waves, melting of glaciers and ice caps, emptying reservoirs, out of control wildfires, worsening storms, loss of crops to drought, crippling drought restrictions, much larger precipitation events, insurance company panics over climate change, military warnings about the security threats of climate change, and the literal melting of infrastructure would be some of those signs.

To avoid seeing them, just continue watching FOX News.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, billvon said:

Mounting deaths from heat waves, melting of glaciers and ice caps, emptying reservoirs, out of control wildfires, worsening storms, loss of crops to drought, crippling drought restrictions, much larger precipitation events, insurance company panics over climate change, military warnings about the security threats of climate change, and the literal melting of infrastructure would be some of those signs.

To avoid seeing them, just continue watching FOX News.

More deaths from cold than heat, ice caps and glaciers still here despite years of failed predictions that they would not be, reservoirs empty (and fill) it's kind of what they do, storms, floods, droughts and wildfires are not outside the range of natural historical variability, crop production is at record levels, and the rest is what you correctly attribute to panic.

pan·ic1
/ˈpanik/
noun
  1. sudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior.
Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

I don't watch Fox. I'm not nor have ever been a Republican. I totally believe the Climate is constantly changing ... From 7000 PPM CO2 to 420 PPM CO2... So I've never been a Denier .. That is kind of like using the N-word isn't it? I have two eyes and common sense. You've been deceived... The Ice Caps didn't melt. Do you claim they did?

You really aren't very good at this trolling business.  Suggest you find another hobby.

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

I don't watch Fox. I'm not nor have ever been a Republican. I totally believe the Climate is constantly changing ... From 7000 PPM CO2 to 420 PPM CO2... So I've never been a Denier .. That is kind of like using the N-word isn't it? I have two eyes and common sense. You've been deceived... The Ice Caps didn't melt. Do you claim they did?

Claims to not watch Fox. check.

Claims to not be Republican. check.

Makes argument that CO2 concentrations at the time of dinosaurs means it's fine, check.

Makes up straw man argument no one said, check.

Doesn't seem like it's brent, but brainwashing has produced an almost perfect carbon copy! Impressive.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Makes argument that CO2 concentrations at the time of dinosaurs means it's fine, check.

Doesn't seem like it's brent, but brainwashing has produced an almost perfect carbon copy! Impressive.

I dunno. He's making brent sound vaguely balanced and intelligent. That's quite a trick.

13 hours ago, Slim King said:

Just the crooked ones they caught changing the data ... The data liberals are still quoting on a daily basis. They lied and sheeple are still believing the lies even though they were caught... Amazing really!!!!

All you are going to get from these guys is deflection, denial and ad hominem attacks. (As illustrated in the last four posts). To them, catastrophic man made, global warming is their religion and you are a heretic. 

Would you (and your twin) advise skydiving students there is no need to deploy their parachute until after they've reached the ground?  After all, one second before impact they are fine, they are breathing, their heart is beating, they can move their arms and legs.  Anyone who says there is an emergency is just pushing panic. 

Prudent people take action before the problem becomes irreversible

• Like 2

5 hours ago, olofscience said:

Very suspicious. But you may be forgetting there are ; "Trump won 74,222,958 votes, or 46.8 percent of the votes cast. That’s more votes than any other presidential candidate has ever won, with the exception of Biden." Brents in the US.

56 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

All you are going to get from these guys is deflection, denial and ad hominem attacks. (As illustrated in the last four posts). To them, catastrophic man made, global warming is their religion and you are a heretic. 

Brent, before you get too cozy with the one guy who agrees with you here - consider that he also claims Barack Obama was responsible for doubling global heroin production in the year after 9/11. 

This is an ally that you’re really better off without.

29 minutes ago, jakee said:

Brent, before you get too cozy with the one guy who agrees with you here - consider that he also claims Barack Obama was responsible for doubling global heroin production in the year after 9/11. 

This is an ally that you’re really better off without.

I’m only responsible for my posts, I was just giving him a heads up before he takes a seat in the church of climate panic.