4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

21 hours ago, brenthutch said:

20 years ago President George W. Bush announced $1.2 billion in research funding so that “America can lead the world in developing clean, hydrogen-powered automobiles.” 

$1.2Bn eh? That's a hell of a lot of money. It must dwarf the subsidies given to the oil industry and ICE vehicle industry right?

..... Right?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That's some real Trump legal team level scrambling there, buddy. You may have a future.

You and BillV missed the question marks.  I was incredulous of Jakee’s contention that Bill’s post about gangrene was analogous to mine about energy transition.

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

You and BillV missed the question marks.  I was incredulous of Jakee’s contention that Bill’s post about gangrene was analogous to mine about energy transition.

You'll need to take a number and stand patiently in line to be incredulous of Jakee’s contentions. It was I who initially made the analogy, although it was without a gangrenous compound fracture. Nonetheless, the basic point remains intact: preventive medicine, irrespective of the potential ailments, is a good thing.

14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You'll need to take a number and stand patiently in line to be incredulous of Jakee’s contentions. It was I who initially made the analogy, although it was without a gangrenous compound fracture. Nonetheless, the basic point remains intact: preventive medicine, irrespective of the potential ailments, is a good thing.

Agreed, however the preventative medicine prescribed by the alarmists involves applying leaches to our economy and pocketbooks.  Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Agreed, however the preventative medicine prescribed by the alarmists involves applying leaches to our economy and pocketbooks.  Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

That’s only if you’re not suffering the effects of the disease, either yet or yourself. Many alcoholics don’t think they have a problem, everyone else does. Likewise the trust in technology to save us. It doesn’t alway.

Money is not the most valuable thing there is 

Wendy P. 

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You're not grasping the time or scale. In the big scheme of things 10 or 20 years or 10 or 20 billion aren't relevant numbers. The perfect time and best possible price will never be on offer.

44 minutes ago, jakee said:

I genuinely don’t think that’s true.

I wrote previously that you could become rich and famous reading depositions for inconsistencies. I absolutely think you have a great eye for that sort of thing. I just don't think forums like this where exactitude and intention can be in conflict and nuance might be in short supply that your talents are best employed. 

9 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I wrote previously that you could become rich and famous reading depositions for inconsistencies. I absolutely think you have a great eye for that sort of thing. I just don't think forums like this where exactitude and intention can be in conflict and nuance might be in short supply that your talents are best employed. 

The inconsistency there is that it has nothing to do with either incredulousness or the statements I make.

Which isn’t exactly a nuance. More of a fundamental bait and switch.

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

That’s only if you’re not suffering the effects of the disease, either yet or yourself. Many alcoholics don’t think they have a problem, everyone else does. Likewise the trust in technology to save us. It doesn’t alway.

Money is not the most valuable thing there is 

Wendy P. 

Obesity, diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), certain types of heart disease, certain types of cancer, along with a host of other things I can't think of at the moment.

Very serious, very life threatening, but invisible or easy to ignore until it's too late.

Which makes them an excellent analogy for AGW.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Obama's Administration TRIPLED the heroin production once the US controlled Afghanistan ..  (Taliban heroin production had dropped by 70%) Under Obama it tripled ...Please keep it factual!!!!!

BTW ... One Third of Florida didn't flood like you liberals predicted ... Is that egg I see on your face?

You are becoming a parody of yourself.

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

Obama's Administration TRIPLED the heroin production once the US controlled Afghanistan ..  (Taliban heroin production had dropped by 70%) Under Obama it tripled ...Please keep it factual!!!!!

What is it you think Obama was doing when the US ‘gained control’ of Afghanistan?

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

The HOAX has been exposed for a long time... Climategate is 100% real and now they have been discredited .. It's all a HOAX.... I'm going to the beach tomorrow and the Ocean Level is the same as when I moved to Florida over 22 years ago ... Liberals said the 1/3 of Florida would be under water by now .. They lied.

I doubt you can notice a 2 inch increase in sea levels for the past 20 years. https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Plenty of strawmen too, and the usual conspiracy youtube video.

32 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Exactly ... The sea level is constantly in flux. It has never remained constant. It is always rising or lowering. It's the natural  cycle of the earth. The level change as you state is UNNOTICEABLE!!!! It's crazy that you think that paying taxes to the Elite can stop the Climate from changing .. In addition .. Do you think you are smarter than Mother Nature? What is your goal ... A constant 72 degrees? Who get's to decide what the temperature will be even if you could stop global warming?

Unnoticeable to you, because you don't want to notice it. But it's noticeable to many other people who depend on it.

The melting glaciers will certainly be noticeable to those who rely on them for water sources - a few billion people in China and India, for example.

"Mother Nature" is not a conscious being therefore ascribing intellect to it is meaningless.

This whole rambling argument is just mind numbing... (and this is a person who keeps referring to rules of proper debate...)