4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep, right out of the playbook.  You're an obedient follower.

And, of course, posts a zillion bullshit claims with ZERO verification of any sort.

At least Rushmc would post links to 'wattsupwiththat' or Epoch Times or some other garbage site.

It was still complete bullshit, but at least he tried to cite sources.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And, of course, posts a zillion bullshit claims with ZERO verification of any sort.

At least Rushmc would post links to 'wattsupwiththat' or Epoch Times or some other garbage site.

It was still complete bullshit, but at least he tried to cite sources.

Rushmc and Ron are PhDs compared to the new crop of junior tribe members of the rabbit warrens.

20 minutes ago, Slim King said:

BREAKING!!!! More corrupt data from Biden admin... https://rumble.com/v1jhqy6-working-as-designed.html

More good data:  https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

From the report:

"It’s important to remember that scientists always focus on the evidence, not on opinions. Scientific evidence continues to show that human activities (primarily the human burning of fossil fuels) have warmed Earth’s surface and its ocean basins, which in turn have continued to impact Earth’s climate. This is based on over a century of scientific evidence forming the structural backbone of today's civilization."

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Nonsense....It's normal the fluctuation of Mother Earth.

==================

Here is how scientists know that the climate change we are experiencing is mainly due to human activity and not a result of natural phenomenon.

“We have a very, very clear understanding that the amount of heat in the ocean is increasing—the ocean heat content is going up by a lot,” said Schmidt. “That implies that there must be an external change in the radiation budget of the earth—more energy has to be going in than leaving.

“There are a number of ways that can happen, but each of them has a different fingerprint. If the sun were brighter, we would see warming all the way up through the atmosphere from the surface to the stratosphere to the mesosphere. We don’t see this. We see instead warming at the surface, cooling in the stratosphere, cooling in the mesosphere. And that’s a signature of greenhouse gas forcing, it’s not a signature of solar forcing. So we know it’s not solar.”

Moreover, according to the World Radiation Center, the sun’s radiation has not increased since at least 1978 (when satellite monitoring began) though global temperatures over the last 30 years have continued to rise.

In addition, the lower atmosphere (troposphere), which is absorbing the CO2 and expanding as it gets warmer, is pushing the boundary between the troposphere and the stratosphere upwards. If the sun’s radiation were the main factor responsible for Earth’s warming, both atmosphere layers would likely be warming and this would not occur.

======================

https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2017/04/04/how-we-know-climate-change-is-not-natural/

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

As long as you're on about considering sources, take a Google of Mark Steyn if you want to read about a real shitbag of a human being.

15 hours ago, Slim King said:

Michael Mann .. of "Discrace to the Profession" fame? 

Nope.  This is the Michael Mann who accurately predicted the "hockey stick" global temperature rise that, since then, has been occurring.

I understand why you'd hate him; he's a scientist.

On 9/11/2022 at 6:19 AM, kallend said:

For only the 3rd time in 20 years I have added a name to my ignore list.  I choose to ignore obvious trolls.

I wish the mods would stop feeding him and would start swinging the ban hammer.

At some point it is for betterment of the site and the experience of all the other legitimate users. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DougH said:

I wish the mods would stop feeding him and would start swinging the ban hammer.

At some point it is for betterment of the site and the experience of all the other legitimate users. 

Can I hear the munch, munch of popcorn from a little Reedsville, PA DZ. As Brent enjoys the havoc of his slim protege?

16 minutes ago, kallend said:

All part of the conspiracy.  Has there ever been a conspiracy with so many participants?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/12/us-west-megadrought-climate-disaster

China has been stealing our water, along with our good air. Just ask Herschel. He can tell you all about it.

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

From the Read This First post at the top of this forum:

================

Copying and pasting the words of somebody else is not a conversation. 

At the very least, the person should make a comment in relation to the wall of text they've copied and posted so we know where the poster himself stands in relationship to it. Give it some context so you aren't simply acting as a copy and paste meat robot on behalf for some PR firm, lobbying group, or news site.

It doesn't have to be much, but at least it gives us somebody we can converse with. We can't converse with the author of the wall of copy and pasted text, because that person simply isn't here.

================

• Like 1

And here's something from Scientific American talking about that phenomenon.

I don't watch videos as a rule (they're packaged to drive opinion, rather than looking at data and explaining it in context). This one is 15 minutes long. Can't you summarize it (other than ha-ha-ha I own you stupid libs?) I can summarize mine. In 2010-2011 the sea level dropped, especially closest to melting ice. There was some consternation, because La Nina didn't appear to be strong enough to account for that. But a giant landlocked salt lake in Australia was, combined with other things like La Nina.

After that, the sea leve rose more than average for a short time. But a graph that shows the overall progression since 1880  is a little more telling. It's rising. If we still lived mostly in agricultural inland places, that might not be as concerning. But huge masses of people live close to the ocean, far more than was the case even 100 years ago. I guess if you don't live in a place like Florida or Pakistan it's not much of an issue.

image.png.bb041450b67b7a4e6230283234d1c856.png

Dr. Robson is an historian (a credentialed one). That would imply to me that he's better at analyzing human events in the context of what came after and before, rather than looking at current data and seeing where it might go. Just sayin' that looking at a 2-year period in 130 (at the time) data bank and calling it a trend is kind of like saying that all Germans are Nazis, based on the 1930's and 1940's.

Wendy P.

Wendy, you and your long term trends!!

That graph shows sea level going up and down like a yo-yo.  With that jiggly line there are as many instances of it going down as going up.  In fact, if I discount only 50% of the years I can demonstrate a continuous drop.

</troll data analysis>

• Like 2

We recently drove from just north of Fairbanks (AK) to Anchorage and Seward.  We drove past dozens of buildings subsiding into melting permafrost, as well as stretches of road damaged by landslides, also due to melting permafrost.  Animal migration patterns are also changing in AK. 

The wildlife are all part of the conspiracy.  Yes, that's the ticket.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, kallend said:

All part of the conspiracy.  Has there ever been a conspiracy with so many participants?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/12/us-west-megadrought-climate-disaster

On 9/12/2022 at 10:51 AM, gowlerk said:

And with no goal end game or purpose. Stop the conspiracy I want to get off.

Yesterday i had my first face to face conversation with a real "Slim" type conspiracy believer. He is a farmer who owns about  20 quarters of grain land(3200 acres). For the 5-10 minutes I was somewhat flabbergasted as to the number and degree of how deep down the rabbit hole he was.

- LE in Uvalde met a month before the shooting to plan their response and allow it.

- Obama and Biden planned 9/11

- Bin laden is still alive,

and on and on and on, non stop.He knew more about US politics than he knew about Canadian politics. But Canadian ones were in there as well.

Edited by Phil1111

22 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Yesterday i had my first face to face conversation with a real "Slim" type conspiracy believer. He is a farmer who owns about  20 quarters of grain land(3200 acres). For the 5-10 minutes I was somewhat flabbergasted as to the number and degree of how deep down the rabbit hole he was.

- LE in Uvalde met a month before the shooting to plan their response and allow it.

- Obama and Biden planned 9/11

- Bin laden is still alive,

and on and on and on, non stop.He knew more about US politics than he knew about Canadian politics. But Canadian ones were in there as well.

Nutcase like that didn't just come up with those ideas. Somewhere in a deep dark corner of the network that has revolutionized our society there are people spreading this stuff. Sharing their paranoia with each other for fun and some for profit. As he shares his insight with you he is like a Jehovah Witness trying to draw you in. I would assume that you didn't bother wasting any time trying to enlighten him. It would be pointless. BTW, Justin is controlled by Satan, in case you didn't know.

Edited by gowlerk

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

.... I would assume that you didn't bother wasting any time trying to enlighten him. It would be pointless. BTW, Justin is controlled by Satan, in case you didn't know.

I must have repeated "I haven't heard that" 40 times. I learnt a long time ago that trying to enlighten the ignorant is mostly futile. Schools excepted. You need inquiring minds to learn.

I tried to change subjects a couple times but back to conspiracies was all he wanted to talk about.

Edited by Phil1111

22 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

I must have repeated "I haven't heard that" 40 times. I learnt a long time ago that trying to enlighten the ignorant is mostly futile.

I tried to change subjects a couple times but back to conspiracies was all he wanted to talk about.

I look at the whole internet and I think to myself: "Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in touch with every other idiot?"

-- P.J. O'Rourke

• Like 1