4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Slim King said:

How do you say the Ukrainians are winning ?

I said that in the past year Russia has lost significantly more Ukrainian territory than it has gained. I can say that because I can read maps. Can't you?

NEGOTIATE PEACE NOW!!!! Thousands of innocent kids have died since I began pleading for sanity on this thread.

Which is exactly why Putin shoud retreat to Russia's borders and make peace. You do agree that would be a good thing, don't you?

Edited by jakee

12 minutes ago, Sevagebanana said:

They are winning only on social media, but even there less and less. 

You are apparently a real skydiver, having posted before. But you're wrong, here. What makes it right for Russia to have invaded Ukraine in the first place?

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

...Thousands have died and Trump warned Ukraine about Russia ... 

Trump tried to deny military aid to Ukraine, in order to get a fake investigation of Hunter Biden. 
That's why he was impeached the first time.

And, after the Russians invaded last year, Trump called Putin a 'genius'. 

Right now, estimates of Russian dead are upwards of 200k. Reality probably isn't quite that high, but they've lost a LOT of people.

Not to mention the estimated ONE MILLION that have fled the country to avoid being drafted and sent to Ukraine to die.

Your little propaganda video mentioned that Ukraine lost 145 men in one day.

Russia has been losing hundreds every day. Some days in excess of a thousand men. 

You said the Russians stopped the Ukrainian counter attack. 

What counter attack? There hasn't been a serious one...

Yet.

But it's coming.

Nobody except the Ukrainian high command knows when or where.
But they've done a pretty good job with overall strategy.

Remember last fall?

The Ukrainians retook Kharkiv in a heartbeat. Kherson took a bit longer, but they ended up kicking the Russians well back. 

Don't be super surprised if they do something similar...

Soon.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Russia invaded, decided what they wanted to defend, and moved to those areas.  Do you honestly think Ukraine is winning in Bakhmut? You'd have to be brainwashed to believe that. They lost Mariupol and now Bakhmut ... They are losing.  Around 7 Ukrainians die for every Wagner professional killer. Both sides say the same thing but L@@K at the map. Ukraine is losing ground and soldiers every day. Ukrainian kids die every night as the Russian Air Force bombs them. There are no losses from this amongst the Russians. It's totally one sided and that's why they are losing. I feel so bad for these innocent boys .. Reminds me of Viet Nam and how they lied to us then.....

I honestly believe that Russia is about to get their asses kicked again. I suspect that Ukraine will attack to take Tokmak and the rail and river transport Russia needs to supply their operations. Russia needs rail and river because their truck transport is miserable; they are unable to even keep their truck tires inflated. After that it will be off to the races for another year of Russian embarrassments until winter again gives the AFU time to refit. Dasvidaniya, comrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Wagner is a miserable fucking killer organization, used by a miserably fucking dictator who wants to burnish his reputation as a hard-ass who has Made Russia Great Again.

Wendy P.

Prighozin, Wagner’s leader, is now arguing that Russia should end the war with what gains are in hand. Interestingly, Wagner no longer has access to Russian prisoners and is running out of steam, and ammunition, in Bahkmut after huge losses.  I guess it’s a win win when you allow 10% of your prison population to come home free after 90% were killed. 

9 hours ago, jakee said:

For someone who hates war you sure do seem to find it all very amusing.

The list of those who hate war is long: Kim of N. Korea, Putin of Russia, Ali Khamenei of Iran and the US right. The US right takes its lead from those aforementioned leaders.

The war mongering countries have helped Ukraine with $200 billion in cash and $150 billion in arms. They are listed here:Ukraine Support Tracker

No rational explanation as to why the most 50 developed and richest western countries. Love the war mongering Ukrainian Nazis so much. Unless you want to stick your head into the Putin disinformation/FOX media stream.

Hi folks,

It looks like Putin is getting a little paranoid:  Ukraine war: The Russian ships accused of North Sea sabotage - BBC News

Looks like he is expecting an invasion.

It will be interesting to see what would happen if he actually tries to sabotage any of this equipment.

Most animals, when backed into a corner, become very irrational.

Jerry Baumchen

22 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I honestly believe that Russia is about to get their asses kicked again.

Russia is having it's butt kicked again because it is a POS country that doesn't even deserve to exist as a federation outside of the Moscow area. It is populated by corrupt elites and drunken peasants. Hitler would have controlled it if it wasn't for the west bailing Stalin out because we wanted a third front. Russia is a joke of history and will shortly be flushed away and divided up between China and the west. 

10 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Russia will use nukes before that happens. Yes, that guarantees that it'll go out in some kind of blaze, but I don't think Putin cares that much if his memory can't be as a successful conqueror.

Wendy P.

They will do no such thing. Even if Putin is out of head enough to give such an order it won't be followed because they don't have enough of them to destroy all of the west. The Russian Federation has a lot of land, but only small areas that matter. They will not commit suicide to advance the glory of Putin. The Russians are cowards at their core.

12 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

They will do no such thing. Even if Putin is out of head enough to give such an order it won't be followed because they don't have enough of them to destroy all of the west. The Russian Federation has a lot of land, but only small areas that matter. They will not commit suicide to advance the glory of Putin. The Russians are cowards at their core.

Interesting background you must have, completely knowing the minds of those in the Russian Nuclear force and have such an understanding of the of command and control functions of the launch systems in place. Also interesting is your firm statement that Russians are "cowards at their core". Perhaps in between international speaking engagements you could enlighten those of us with enquiring minds but without your incredible insight and connections.

19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I hope you’re right

Wendy P. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Interesting background you must have, completely knowing the minds of those in the Russian Nuclear force and have such an understanding of the of command and control functions of the launch systems in place. Also interesting is your firm statement that Russians are "cowards at their core". Perhaps in between international speaking engagements you could enlighten those of us with enquiring minds but without your incredible insight and connections.

I get my info from the same sort of sources the Russian trolls do. I make it up.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Russia will use nukes before that happens. Yes, that guarantees that it'll go out in some kind of blaze, but I don't think Putin cares that much if his memory can't be as a successful conqueror.

Wendy P.

There have been several stories published by Kremlin insiders that know Putin well. He has ideas of a return to Russian grandeur, a hegemony over other post Soviet vassal states. Like Belarus is today. They have all stated that he thinks he is the leader to do that. As such, the use of nuclear weapons would end all that.

He obviously miscalculated about Ukraine.But he now has compete control of Belarus including the deployment of nukes there. So that is a victory of sorts.

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Interesting background you must have, completely knowing the minds of those in the Russian Nuclear force and have such an understanding of the of command and control functions of the launch systems in place.

Your confusing Ken with Dekker.

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

... is your firm statement that Russians are "cowards at their core". ...

I disagree with Ken here. IMO Russians have a love for the strongman leader. Many older Russians still dream of the days of Stalin. RTV and the Putin propaganda machine, has conditioned them to completely distrust democracy. Although the complete disaster of  perestroika certainly reinforced those ideas.Putin is 70. AFAIK the succession of someone who will protect Putin in the days of his retirement. Is unknown.

The costs and consequences of Putin's Ukrainian misadventure will slowly leak out. IMO those consequences are unknown.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

I disagree with Ken here. IMO Russians have a love for the strongman leader.

I think these two statements are mutually exclusive.

Why do people like strongman leaders? They like them, IMHO, because they represent what they themselves are too afraid to do. Same reason much of the GOP loves Trump. He says what they only are willing to say in small groups, but are to cowardly to say in public. The love for a strongman is driven by cowardice.

Russians would not be cowards if it came time to defend Russia. They are not willing to go fight highly motivated people defending their homeland. Not even to advance Putin's distorted view of history and his personal destiny. If Putin does not back down soon it is inevitable that western nations will lose their fear of his weapons and even more overt support will begin to creep into the conflict. In the meantime he is doing his best to rally the population and is failing.

Russia releases new recruitment video in latest push to boost military

From CNN’s Uliana Pavlova and Rob Picheta

The Russian Ministry of Defense published a new recruitment video Wednesday in its latest attempt to convince Russian men to abandon civilian life and join the war effort.

The advert appears to mock men for wasting their time working as security guards, taxi drivers and personal fitness trainers. It ends with a shot of armed men in military uniforms with white smoke behind them and a large caption: "You're a real man. Be one."

The ad also advertises the monthly salary one can earn by signing a Russian military contract, starting at about $2,510.

Since the beginning of its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, propaganda videos have played a key role in Moscow's efforts to recruit fighters. Videos posted on social media and aired on Russian TV try to appeal to Russian men through the narratives of patriotism, morality and upward social mobility.

Russia's efforts to shore up its forces: Moscow's latest recruitment push comes shortly after Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law creating an electronic conscription registry which aims to make draft dodging harder.

During Russia’s partial mobilization last September, men dodged the draft by leaving their registered addresses, not signing for draft letters and warning their family and co-workers from doing the same for them.

Fears of a new mobilization: When the Russian parliament approved the law Wednesday making the country's conscription program more efficient and harder to evade, it spurred fears more citizens may soon be mobilized to fight in Ukraine.

The United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence said Saturday the law signals Putin is gearing up for a long conflict ahead.

The Kremlin, meanwhile, has characterized the law as an unremarkable streamlining of Russia’s biannual conscription process.

11 minutes ago, billvon said:

"It's not just a job - it's $627.50 a week!"

Some fairly consistent data from a few websites suggests the average wage in Russia is $800 a month, so $2,500 is going to be a real incentive.

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Russia is having it's butt kicked again because it is a POS country that doesn't even deserve to exist as a federation outside of the Moscow area. It is populated by corrupt elites and drunken peasants. Hitler would have controlled it if it wasn't for the west bailing Stalin out because we wanted a third front. Russia is a joke of history and will shortly be flushed away and divided up between China and the west. 

Dear Gowlerk,

Why do you hate China so much ... to inflict a part of Russia on her?

Hah!

Hah!

• Like 1