4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

10 hours ago, jakee said:

Since we both know the Trump-stacked Supreme Court is the only thing that can stop Trump being the nominee, you should be spending your time convincing your fellow non-Maga righties to vote for Biden. 

Everyone can relax. I just got off the phone with my Feng Shui guy and was assured that the negative energy flow around Trump makes his election impossible. We are good.

24 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Everyone can relax. I just got off the phone with my Feng Shui guy and was assured that the negative energy flow around Trump makes his election impossible. We are good.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

On 1/13/2024 at 5:29 PM, brenthutch said:

I believe that is A United Nations standard.

Do you really think the current approach is working?

nothing is working.  The GOP and Trump did not 'fix' immigration either, they just took draconian measures at the border in hopes of stopping it.  They reduced it, they did not stop it nor even come close.  another failed campaign promise.  At least Biden made no promises that he would fix immigration.

Neither party wants to fix this, ESPECIALLY the republicans right now, because it is fodder for election campaigns.  The GOP gets more out of blaming Biden in favor of the soon to be convicted felon, than they do by passing any immigration reform.

Democrats do the same when it is their turn, and they can blame the other guy

If only Americans were not so fucking stupid.....

4 hours ago, tkhayes said:

nothing is working.  The GOP and Trump did not 'fix' immigration either,....

Neither party wants to fix this, ESPECIALLY the republicans...

Democrats do the same when it is their turn, and they can blame the other guy

If only Americans were not so fucking stupid.....

Show me the incentives and I'll show you the outcome.

56 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I don't get it, Trump is an expert builder and he was going to build a wall and that was going to stop illegal immigration?

If Trump was any good at what he did, how could there be an illegal immigration issue at the Southern border?

It was the deep state that stopped him.  Out of his control and even he could not fix it.

That's why you need to vote for him again, because THIS TIME..... he will fix it -

after all, he is the ONLY one that can and he knows more about it (and everything) that anybody, whatever it is that you might be talking about.

But yeah, it's not a cult.

27 minutes ago, tkhayes said:

It was the deep state that stopped him.  Out of his control and even he could not fix it.

That's why you need to vote for him again, because THIS TIME..... he will fix it -

after all, he is the ONLY one that can and he knows more about it (and everything) that anybody, whatever it is that you might be talking about.

But yeah, it's not a cult.

I assume it was also the Deep State that stopped his wonderful new healthcare plan that was better, cheaper, and would have covered everyone. (Even though he never even presented it over his 4 years in the Whitehouse).

On 1/18/2024 at 9:47 AM, ryoder said:

The only people eligible to vote in the Iowa caucus were registered Republicans. They constitute just 34.5% of eligible voters. In a general election the other 2/3 of the electorate will be eligible to vote.

No waiting period to change party registration in NH, I think.

18 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No waiting period to change party registration in NH, I think.

What I heard this morning on the radio is that only unaffiliated voters can temporarily register as Dem/GOP to vote in the primary. Which makes it somewhat similiar to here in CO, where unaffiliated voters can submit either a Dem or GOP ballot in the primary.

58 minutes ago, ryoder said:

What I heard this morning on the radio is that only unaffiliated voters can temporarily register as Dem/GOP to vote in the primary. Which makes it somewhat similiar to here in CO, where unaffiliated voters can submit either a Dem or GOP ballot in the primary.

Brent is correct, I'm surprised to find myself typing, about D's registering R to dilute the Trump vote. Because I'm a scheming asshole (thanks Mom!) I support the idea.

Change Voter Registration

The Change Voter Registration process allows you to change an existing voter’s registration information. 

§         You may change any information except the Voter ID.

§         If you change the voter’s Last Name, First Name, Party, or Residence Address and the reason selected is “Voter Requested,” the system changes the Voter Status to “Pending” and the voter is added to the list of Pending Voters found on the System Reminder screen.

§         If a voter is “Contested,” their registration is flagged, and you may send a 30 Day Letter to the voter to notify them.  If you do, the 30 day letter check box will be checked. The letter is generated through the Inquiry - 30 Day Letter process (see Chapter 16, Inquiries).

§         If a change is made to the voter’s party, there is no waiting period.

§         If you change a voter’s party after an election lock down date, the system displays an alert to inform you, but allows you to continue if you chose to do so.

§         You cannot update registration information if a change of the same type (for example, address change, name change) has been made with a later effective date (Date Modified). Instead, this earlier change would have to be made to the voter’s history.

§         You may print a registration card with the latest voter information each time a change is made. 

§         You cannot change a record that has been merged in with another voter record. The system will display an alert and will not allow the change.

Conduct a Search for the Voter

(edited)
On 2/19/2024 at 4:20 PM, ryoder said:

Looks like someone else Putin dislikes has suffered "sudden death syndrome":

Daily Beast: Russian Chopper Pilot Who Defected to Ukraine Found Dead in Spain

Two days later a Russian pro-war blogger made a big mistake by posting about Russian losses in the taking of Avdiivka last Monday. He posted that Russia had lost 16,000 men and 300 armored vehicles. He immediately started receiving threats from the Russian military command and Kremlin propagandists. He took down the postings right away. But fell out of a window anyway a day later.

trump upon hearing that Putin had eliminated three traitors and critics in one week. Threw a Big Mac against the wall and blamed Biden for how Putin was now stronger than him.

Edited by Phil1111

42 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump upon hearing that Putin had eliminated three traitors and critics in one week. Threw a Big Mac against the wall and blamed Biden for how Putin was now stronger than him.

That's why he's so eager to win the presidency again.  He wasn't aware of Seal Team Six during his first presidency; "Seal Team Six" has three syllables and thus was not included in any presidential briefings.

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

That's why he's so eager to win the presidency again.  He wasn't aware of Seal Team Six during his first presidency; "Seal Team Six" has three syllables and thus was not included in any presidential briefings.

You are treating the dotard unfairly. You must have forgotten that covfefe also has three syllables.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

He just now figured out Meal Team Six and Seal Team Six are not the same.

11 hours ago, ryoder said:

They've also done a hell of a job on Russian oil refineries.
 Depending on what stats you trust, upwards of 15% of Russia's refining capability has been damaged.
And they really don't have the ability to repair much of it.

There are reports that Russia is importing gasoline from Belarus.

There are other reports that the US has asked Ukraine to stop the attacks on Russian oil industry. 
Of course, Ukraine has responded (more or less) 'if you won't give us what we need, why should we do as you ask?'

Just now, ryoder said:

Whoa! Did Mike Johnson suddenly find his spine, and realize he is Speaker of the entire House???

Seems he chose the his personal 'least-bad path' which coincidentally aligns with the moral path this time. I assume he's betting that there are enough grown-ups in the room that realize how bad it'll look on the GOP if there's another 2-month plus fight for speakership.  

• Like 1