4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

The GOP and FOX control the messaging to its base just like North Korea's Kim. The GOP base is loyal to trump because they know nothing else. That a world exists outside the conservative agenda is labeled heresy.

So the constitution what you swore allegiance to as a military member means nothing? All immigrants are allowed "due process" i.e. an immigration hearing. The hiring of more judges and supporting personnel is exactly what Biden has put on the table.

Maybe he thinks deporting is like transporting on Star Trek. Just push a button and they're gone.

(edited)
9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

We did not have a illegal immigration crisis when the GOP was in power.

Remarks by President Trump on the Illegal Immigration Crisis and Border Security

Issued on: November 1, 2018

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-illegal-immigration-crisis-border-security/

"Well, thank you very much, everyone. Appreciate it. And good afternoon. I would like to provide an update to the American people regarding the crisis on our southern border — and crisis it is."

Edited by jakee

(edited)
4 hours ago, jakee said:

Remarks by President trump ...

Everyone knows he(trump, not Brent) often lies. So Brent doesn't recognize statements like this by trump from the oval office that there is a crisis.

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Everyone know he(trump, not Brent) often lies. So Brent doesn't recognize statements like this by trump from the oval office that there is a crisis.

And he still can not put any original thought to his claim and tell us what he would do to solve the border "crisis". Why? Well, because then he would find himself leaving behind the binary world of Fox News and entering the multifaceted world of liberal thought where zero sum solutions are as rare as rational republican politicians these days.

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

And he still can not put any original thought to his claim and tell us what he would do to solve the border "crisis".

Undocumented immigrants are a crisis. But a warming climate that will drive even more people to move is actually a good 'cause plants need more CO2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Everyone knows he(trump, not Brent) often lies. So Brent doesn't recognize statements like this by trump from the oval office that there is a crisis.

Agreed. According to Trump, everything Trump does = fantastic, anything anyone else does is a disaster.  

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) on Friday said his fellow Democrats need to “wake up” and see the border crisis for what it is: ‘A disaster.”

“It is an unmitigated, embarrassing, unforgivable disaster,”

That Democrat must watch FOX News xD

After his embarrassing “if you build it, sometimes they don’t come” moment, he’s trying to get some attention. FOX has definitely Proven that screaming ‘border border border’ will get some attention. 

7 minutes ago, lippy said:

After his embarrassing “if you build it, sometimes they don’t come” moment, he’s trying to get some attention. FOX has definitely Proven that screaming ‘border border border’ will get some attention. 

Now it’s the Democrat mayors of Philadelphia, Chicago, New York and Denver screaming ‘border border border’.  

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Now it’s the Democrat mayors of Philadelphia, Chicago, New York and Denver screaming ‘border border border’.  

I thought they were screaming "Hey Abbott, stop being a cunt and using vulnerable people as political pawns!".

***Those cities should put their money where their values are and absorb some of these people.  There are better ways for that to happen then them arriving at random bus stops in the middle of the winter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lippy said:

I thought they were screaming "Hey Abbott, stop being a cunt and using vulnerable people as political pawns!".

***Those cities should put their money where their values are and absorb some of these people.  There are better ways for that to happen then them arriving at random bus stops in the middle of the winter.

Just because one guy is wrong doesn't make someone else right. 

Wendy P.

22 minutes ago, lippy said:

Abbott is helping them reach their destination.  Surely you don’t think these folks traveled hundreds/thousands of miles to remain in Eagle Pass Texas. Sanctuary cities are the logical destination. What Abbott I’d doing is sensible and compassionate.

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What Abbott I’d doing is sensible and compassionate.

I don't think you're dumb enough or evil enough to believe that, so the only logical conclusion is that you're trolling.

37 minutes ago, lippy said:

*** Chicago has "absorbed" more than 32,000 migrants.  My wife (MD) volunteers her time to give medical care in the shelters.

Why should a few cities be taking the brunt of what is a national problem?

The migrants in question are here legally on account of federal policies.  The feds should be doing more to spread the burden around rather than leaving it to the big cities and the whims of the governor of Texas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lippy said:

I don't think you're dumb enough or evil enough to believe that, so the only logical conclusion is that you're trolling.

Where do you think we should send these people? Where do you think they want to go? Eagle Pass TX?  I will grant you that what Abbott is doing is not perfect, but it is better than having them languish in an overcrowded detention center.

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

*** Chicago has "absorbed" more than 32,000 migrants.  My wife (MD) volunteers her time to give medical care in the shelters.

The migrants in question are here legally on account of federal policies.  The feds should be doing more to spread the burden around rather than leaving it to the big cities and the whims of the governor of Texas. 

NIMBY much?

(edited)
55 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

NIMBY much?

Thanks for demonstrating over the last couple of pages exactly how much you don't care about supporting Ukraine. If your party, like you, keeps hijacking every conversation about military aid with whining about the border it's going to do a huge amount of damage, possibly permanent, to their hopes of being able to push Russia back.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Well, to be honest, generally they are. San Antonio, Houston, DFW, San Diego, LA, Phoenix, etc. The border states are impacted disproportionately, but what Abbott’s been doing is a dick move, too. Even more so DeSantis, who doesn’t even have a border  

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Where do you think we should send these people? Where do you think they want to go? Eagle Pass TX?  I will grant you that what Abbott is doing is not perfect, but it is better than having them languish in an overcrowded detention center.

I think a housing development dedicated to undocumented migrants would be a good investment.

Attu and Kiska strike me as good locations.

17 minutes ago, winsor said:

I think a housing development dedicated to undocumented migrants would be a good investment.

And it's Winsor with internment camps for the win!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

The border states are impacted disproportionately,

And, as a coastal state, Texas is also impacted disproportionally by beach erosion. Another so what in my view. Besides, doesn't everyone want to move to Texas for cheap housing and low taxes? 

(edited)
53 minutes ago, winsor said:

Surely there are coal, uranium and salt mines somewhere to put them to work. Give them sledgehammers and smaller 5lb ones for the children. Then put them to work breaking up rocks for gravel to spread on the Biden new infrastructure interstate programs. After all doesn't the Evangelical work ethic say "He that will not work, shall not eat"

Edited by Phil1111

5 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Surely there are coal, uranium and salt mines somewhere to put them to work. Give them sledgehammers and smaller 5lb ones for the children. Then put them to work breaking up rocks for gravel to spread on the Biden new infrastructure interstate programs.

Maybe we need to ditch the idea of immigrating to the US and give a temporary approval to individual states. Maybe after 5 years of working hard and contributing there was an opportunity for US citizenship. Texas cries and moans but they need a lot of immigrants to do crappy jobs like a lot of other states. Instead, let's have job fairs at border check points. States can have desks and booths and vie for the best candidates. Jobs would be filled, labor costs and inflation would go down, and fruit wouldn't be rotting in the fields. 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

And, as a coastal state, Texas is also impacted disproportionally by beach erosion. Another so what in my view. Besides, doesn't everyone want to move to Texas for cheap housing and low taxes? 

Folks in California, Illinois and New York do.

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Folks in California, Illinois and New York do.

You could believe what Fox tells you on that front, or you could listen to actual members of this very forum who live in California, Illinois and New York...the latter might require some critical thinking.