2 2
brenthutch

The Midterms for Democrats

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Seems appropriate to revisit this. It’s amazing how you are ALWAYS wrong.

Even if the D’s lose in the house and the senate, it’s the best midterms for an incumbent president in a long time.

Considering the economic times and the weakness of Joe Biden I see it as a rejection of Trumpism and the culture wars. A pretty clear indication that if the R party is foolish enough to nominate the dotard again he will lose even bigger than last time even if he goes against Joe again. If somehome the Ds were to find a more popular nominee it would be double the defeat for Trump. The amazing part is the narrowness of the contest. Truly the nation is a house divided.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

A pretty clear indication that if the R party is foolish enough to nominate the dotard again he will lose even bigger than last time even if he goes against Joe again.

Man I sure hope that's not what happens. Not the R's losing part, just not another Biden/Trump matchup. A non-partisan primary would be a good start, but the D's are just as in love with power as the R's are, they're just too chicken to weaponize it and abuse it these days.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Man I sure hope that's not what happens. Not the R's losing part, just not another Biden/Trump matchup. A non-partisan primary would be a good start, but the D's are just as in love with power as the R's are, they're just too chicken to weaponize it and abuse it these days.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

I'm with you; only I think it is still a dream to yet come true.

However, with a real push in many places in this country for Ranked Choice Voting, it might get here sooner than we think.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Here is an article that Robert Yoder [ ryoder ] posted recently; it give me hope:  Nevada Question 3: Ranked-choice voting is on the ballot in Nevada - Vox

Just now, airdvr said:

Biden is already in the early stages of dementia.  Please don't let him run again.

Hi airdvr,

And, your buddy Trump lives in a fantasy world.

Also, I completely disagree with your rather biased premise.  Prove it!

I would prefer that he not run again, just not because of your comments.

Jerry Baumchewn

8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Man I sure hope that's not what happens. Not the R's losing part, just not another Biden/Trump matchup.

Yep.  Consider a Joe Manchin/Olympia Snowe contest, for example.  Both parties would lose their minds (which would be a good thing for the US overall I think.)

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

Biden is already in the early stages of dementia.  Please don't let him run again.

Did your wife give you that medical diagnoses, some right wing media type, or are you just making it up from your "gut feeling" like so much else you have be posting lately?

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Did your wife give you that medical diagnoses, some right wing media type, or are you just making it up from your "gut feeling" like so much else you have be posting lately?

FOX told him that. But it was Putin's idea. Doesn't matter FOX, Putin, Putin FOX. All the same. But soon it will be Xi, Putin, FOX all intermingled together.

With the eagar minds of FOX viewers eagerly lapping it up.

Let's see...Biden is 79.  Reagan was 77 at the end of his second term.  Biden will be 81 at the next inauguration.  And 85 at the end of his next term.

So far this week he's forgotten who he was campaigning for, thought the CEO of GM was Amy Barrett, and still thinks black universities are just as smart as any college.

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Let's see...Biden is 79.  Reagan was 77 at the end of his second term.  Biden will be 81 at the next inauguration.  And 85 at the end of his next term.

So far this week he's forgotten who he was campaigning for, thought the CEO of GM was Amy Barrett, and still thinks black universities are just as smart as any college.

Judging from some of the leaps of logic you have been stretching for lately I'm wondering if you are of a similar age to Joe. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Hi airdvr,

I'm 82, so what?

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

You're correct.  I don't know whether Biden will run again.  My initial post was asking that he not.  

You also don't know if he has dementia, but you're happy to state it as fact. This confident unawareness you have is why, as I posted previously, your having a vote is a problem.

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You also don't know if he has dementia, but you're happy to state it as fact. This confident unawareness you have is why, as I posted previously, your having a vote is a problem.

No one seemed to have a problem when jerry pointed it out about Reagan in May.

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Clearly Jerry stated that was his opinion. Just as clearly you stated it as a known fact. Do you see the difference or are you too old to understand? In any case being POTUS is a very challenging job. Few people in their eighties are strong enough for such a demanding posistion. If that is what you are saying then you have a point. But it is not what you said. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You mean Jerry's observation 33 years after Reagan's Presidency ended is equivalent to your claim made less than two years into Biden's presidency are equivalent? Good luck with that.

So you're saying you don't believe Biden is suffering from some sort of cognitive problem?

Dimentia Symptoms
Memory loss, which is usually noticed by someone else.  Check
Difficulty communicating or finding words.  Check
Difficulty with visual and spatial abilities, such as getting lost while walking.  Check
Difficulty reasoning or problem-solving.  unknown
Difficulty handling complex tasks. unknown
Difficulty with planning and organizing. unknown

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

So you're saying you don't believe Biden is suffering from some sort of cognitive problem?

Dimentia Symptoms
Memory loss, which is usually noticed by someone else.  Check
Difficulty communicating or finding words.  Check
Difficulty with visual and spatial abilities, such as getting lost while walking.  Check
Difficulty reasoning or problem-solving.  unknown
Difficulty handling complex tasks. unknown
Difficulty with planning and organizing. unknown

I'm in no position to make an affirmative medical diagnosis. Given the many successes Biden has had to date as President I have no reason to doubt his mental acuity. I do think he's get's a cruel rap from folks like you because of his speech impediments. Which I think, given his ability to find work arounds, argue in favor of his mental acuity.

• Like 1