1 1
JoeWeber

Incentives to vax

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Would you mind fleshing this out a bit?

Yes, evidently the US, Canada, France, Israel, Germany and ALL of the western worlds medical review boards. Reviewing the most administered vaccine in perhaps 100 years missed these events. Is a Pfizer/Moderna big pharma conspiracy at play?

14 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Thalidomide was FDA approved 1998....

Why yes. Over 30 years after the problems caused by its (unapproved by the FDA) use in pregnancy. It was approved as a cancer drug. There are lots of cancer drugs that cause birth defects, and are strongly contraindicated in the case of pregnancy. Would you say all of their approvals are signs of the deep state? Of course, so it accutane contraindicated in pregnancy, and it's even used by women of childbearing age. With proper supervision.

Wendy P.

• Like 3

Not to mention that it was specifically blocked by the FDA, not just approved. Sounds like the FDA was doing its job. I'll bet there were a lot of pissed off people who wanted to take something that the big bad government wouldn't let them.

Wendy P.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Not to mention that it was specifically blocked by the FDA, not just approved. Sounds like the FDA was doing its job. I'll bet there were a lot of pissed off people who wanted to take something that the big bad government wouldn't let them.

Yep.  And I am sure those very same people are the first people to sue when the drug that the FDA might be harmful . . . harms them.

15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Ethanol has been shown to cause birth defects. And I'm not aware of the FDA ever approving it.

Similarly too much caffeine can cause heart palpitations, insomnia and paranoia.

Too much nicoteine can cause a wide variety of lip, throat and lung cancers.

1 minute ago, riggerrob said:

Similarly too much caffeine can cause heart palpitations, insomnia and paranoia.

Too much nicoteine can cause a wide variety of lip, throat and lung cancers.

Not enough El Dorado 21 can cause severe bouts of anxiety and persistent cupboard rustling.

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Nope - not true. (Says the coffee addict)

Agree. I was concerned a couple years ago when some study said that coffee was a carcinogen. Because it was roasted just like overcooked meat can be. Thankfully that "known carcinogen agent" was just a study paid for by some class action trial lawyers and since disproved. Since then I've doubbled down.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Agree. I was concerned a couple years ago when some study said that coffee was a carcinogen. Because it was roasted just like overcooked meat can be. Thankfully that "known carcinogen agent" was just a study paid for by some class action trial lawyers and since disproved. Since then I've doubbled down.

I'm working on the hypothesis that coffee extends life, and makes you look cool.

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

So far so good, huh?

Wendy P. 

Some years ago I switched from coffee to tea on the theory that it was the coffee that made me such an asshole some days. It wasn't, of course, but still I never went back. You just can not beat a fine second flush Indian Assam.

On 8/16/2023 at 7:05 AM, Slim King said:

Thalidomide was FDA approved 1998....

Scientific advances have brought us scores of new drugs in recent years. In the US, one major agency — the FDA — is responsible for making sure that the drugs they approve are safe and effective. Yet there were more than 14,000 drug recalls in the last 10 years, according to FDA statistics.Mar 29, 2023

And how many of those recalls were because there was actual significant danger and health risk? (note it is in the article you quoted that from)

Secondly, that means we need more regulations. The party you shill for wants less to no regulation.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Some years ago I switched from coffee to tea on the theory that it was the coffee that made me such an asshole some days. It wasn't, of course, but still I never went back. You just can not beat a fine second flush Indian Assam.

Good Lord! Now I find out that not only are you a coffee snob a whiskey, snob, and a wine snob, but a tea snob as well.

5 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I'm working on the hypothesis that coffee extends life, and makes you look cool.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Stumpy,

As a long time coffee drinker, I can assure you that is not the case.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

'Cool' is relative. 

Coffee helps.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Stumpy,

As a long time coffee drinker, I can assure you that is not the case.

Jerry Baumchen

No - you just clearly haven't drunk ENOUGH.

*edited to add - of course I may just be delusional from lack of sleep

Edited by Stumpy

7 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The big bad government put these on the market and then removed them when people found out how deadly they were. 

No it didn't. Pharma companies gave out free samples to entice people to request it once its expected approval happened. Only it wasn't approved.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The big bad government put these on the market and then removed them when people found out how deadly they were. 

The government sold the pharmaceuticals....cool. Aren't you happy when the government behaves like a company and makes money?

Oh for God's sake. Do you really think that another way would be better? Maybe just letting the pharma companies do whatever they want to? FDA has been hamstrung by budget cuts like pretty much all agencies; they depend in large part on the documentation by the pharmacompanies. Do you have any better suggestions, or are you just trying to poke as many holes to gen up support for the "coming revolution?"

Wendy P.

• Like 1