5 5
kallend

More sacrifices to the 2nd Amendment

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

We collectively, should know there is only one "World view" allowed on these forums.So I commend you in not blocking him,but disappointed that you actually block others, with what I assume a different worldview.

I don't anyone because of their worldview. I block people who are only here to troll. I don't block you, or RonD or Winsor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lippy said:

Is 'micro aggregation' an oxymoron?

LOL  the joke IS ON Me! All in my haste to aggrivate, you see, even spell check can't save me. 

55 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I don't anyone because of their worldview. I block people who are only here to troll. I don't block you, or RonD or Winsor.

Wow...thanks. Good vibes being a rarity, and in all sincerity, "Respect...Dude".

Could you PM me, or just give me a reference to your Avatar,sure seems like an "oh shit I thought I was going to die" moment.

8 hours ago, richravizza said:

I believe at Harvard, inferring that someone is "clueless" constitutes a micro aggregation.Just a Warning: On these forum it will get you warned,a mark placed upon on your permanent record.Sooner or later resulting in being banned,excommunicated from the collective. 

On the lighter side...

https://babylonbee.com/news/harvard-student-leaves-lecture-on-microaggressions-to-attend-kill-the-jews-rally

I don't think you meant "inferring".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You are absolutely correct that I haven't spent much time at the range, truly it just doesn't make sense or seem fun to me. What do you do at the range that's not same-o same-o? Ricochet accuracy? You do have me on the Pitts, though.

You do things like this... Every station is a different course of fire.  

And some people don't see the point in jumping out of an airplane... If you heard someone say, "I mean all you do is fall and open a parachute before you die" would you consider them knowledgeable about skydiving? 

• Like 1

(edited)

Here we go, SC is the 29th state to pass Constitutional Carry. It will be interesting to see how this goes. We have plenty of good ole boys and girls that may start carrying. It sure can make the job of law enforcement more difficult.

FL passed it last year despite DeSantis being vilified by, "Democrats, left wing media and anti-gun lobbyists," and Giffords claims that, "...such a bill would 'drive gun violence up' and put the 'safety of our families and communities at risk, and it was dangerous and unpopular", and MSNBC saying, "it was extreme and controversial." (Brandon Richardson - Adobe Stock, Pexels -Karolina Grabowska).

In FL those concerns aren't supported, don't know about the other 27 states. Looking at the decrease in violent crime stats in two of their major cities, Jacksonville and Miami, maybe it's a good thing.  They also made other changes so it's impossible draw a direct correlation to constitutional carry. With just one year of data it's too soon to tell. 

The Ansara law firm said, "It's no secret that Florida saw a drop in violent crime in 2023 - and we now have the statistics to support it - but what contributed to that? Was it the new constitutional carry law that helped deter crime, or was it the investment in innovative crime-fighting technology? To be honest, it was a combination of both - as well as a slew of other factors, including an increase in city funding and a more aggressive stance on enforcing the law. With that said, it can't be a coincidence that crime rates are dropping at a time when more citizens are walking around with guns."

I'll be watching in SC and will have a front row seat to monitor the results. 

Back to basketball tournaments and registering for CarolinaFest (it's back after being shut down since 2020).

Edited by billeisele

On 3/14/2024 at 2:03 PM, JoeWeber said:

You are absolutely correct that I haven't spent much time at the range, truly it just doesn't make sense or seem fun to me. What do you do at the range that's not same-o same-o? Ricochet accuracy? You do have me on the Pitts, though.

Meal team six drills are fun. IPSC and IDPA matches are fun.

On 3/18/2024 at 9:42 AM, billeisele said:

Here we go, SC is the 29th state to pass Constitutional Carry. It will be interesting to see how this goes. We have plenty of good ole boys and girls that may start carrying. It sure can make the job of law enforcement more difficult.

FL passed it last year despite DeSantis being vilified by, "Democrats, left wing media and anti-gun lobbyists," and Giffords claims that, "...such a bill would 'drive gun violence up' and put the 'safety of our families and communities at risk, and it was dangerous and unpopular", and MSNBC saying, "it was extreme and controversial." (Brandon Richardson - Adobe Stock, Pexels -Karolina Grabowska).

In FL those concerns aren't supported, don't know about the other 27 states. Looking at the decrease in violent crime stats in two of their major cities, Jacksonville and Miami, maybe it's a good tor the resthing.  They also made other changes so it's impossible draw a direct correlation to constitutional carry. With just one year of data it's too soon to tell. 

The Ansara law firm said, "It's no secret that Florida saw a drop in violent crime in 2023 - and we now have the statistics to support it - but what contributed to that? Was it the new constitutional carry law that helped deter crime, or was it the investment in innovative crime-fighting technology? To be honest, it was a combination of both - as well as a slew of other factors, including an increase in city funding and a more aggressive stance on enforcing the law.

I'll be watching in SC and will have a front row seat to monitor the results. 

Back to basketball tournaments and registering for CarolinaFest (it's back after being shut down since 2020).

Great news. "With that said, it can't be a coincidence that crime rates are dropping at a time when more citizens are walking around with guns." 

Thanks for that deluded insight, Bill. I've also heard that folks in other third world countries feel safer with guns.

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Great news. "With that said, it can't be a coincidence that crime rates are dropping at a time when more citizens are walking around with guns." 

Thanks for that deluded insight, Bill. I've also heard that folks in other third world countries feel safer with guns.

It wasn't my opinion. It was a quote from the FL law firm that you retracted from my post.
My post was clear.  
Since you require citations I gave one. What is the source to substantiate your post?

(edited)
1 hour ago, billeisele said:

It wasn't my opinion. It was a quote from the FL law firm that you retracted from my post.
My post was clear.  
Since you require citations I gave one. What is the source to substantiate your post?

I didn't reference a source. But if you're in the mood for research I might recommend the  Yemen Times, the Houthi Herald, the Gaza Register Guard, or the Somali Sun-Sentinal.

Edited by JoeWeber

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

I didn't reference a source. But if you're in the mood for research I might recommend the  Yemen Times, the Houthi Herald, the Gaza Register Guard, or the Somali Sun-Sentinal.

Not that much need for research. Some people just believe or want to believe in the truth of the quote generally attributed to Robert Heinlien about "an armed society is a polite society". Most of the world can see the inherent untruth in this.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/ethics-everyone/202205/is-armed-society-really-polite-society

On 3/18/2024 at 9:42 AM, billeisele said:

With that said, it can't be a coincidence that crime rates are dropping at a time when more citizens are walking around with guns."

The experience in every other wealthy nation suggests that having fewer armed citizens walking around with guns results in a large decrease in murder rates.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

The experience in every other wealthy nation suggests that having fewer armed citizens walking around with guns results in a large decrease in murder rates.

American exceptionalism, right?

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

American exceptionalism, right?

Wendy P.

When smart people like BillE believe more guns=more safety on our streets just because, and it is just because, all his local homeys in South Carolina believe it and he is steeped in the same guns=good and liberals=bad culture then true impossibility of making meaningful progress becomes even more painfully clear.

10 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

When smart people like BillE believe more guns=more safety on our streets just because, and it is just because, all his local homeys in South Carolina believe it and he is steeped in the same guns=good and liberals=bad culture then true impossibility of making meaningful progress becomes even more painfully clear.

Yet he is careful to say that he is only watching to see if it is true. He wants it to be true but he doesn't claim here that it is. Instead he quotes someone else and disclaims that he believes. Why? I can only speculate that he knows deep down that it is nonsense.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:26 AM, billeisele said:

My post was clear.  

2023 sets another record in teen shootings

"The total number of fatal shootings involving teenagers rose sharply in Florida and across the U.S. in 2020, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive, dipping in 2021 before rising again in 2022 and reaching a new high in 2023. Much of the violence is clustered in densely populated areas like South Florida."

A quote from a law firm eh? Why not use real facts? I guess if you want to wear the MAGA hat and stand next to DeSantis b.s. from an imaginary lawyer will work. Last year DeSantis was also called out for making false statements about gun violence in Florida.

On 3/23/2024 at 8:44 AM, JoeWeber said:

It's comical that you and your tribe demand documented quotes but you have nothing. You made a statement. If I had done that you would repeatedly DEMAND proof, that's documented by your past behaviors. You said,  "I've also heard that folks in other third world countries feel safer with guns." If I said, "I heard", I'd blasted. You can't have it both ways.  Ever wonder why more peeps don't post? 

Then others feel emboldened to jump in and make more silly claims - it's basic gang mentality. 

Gowlerk says, "Yet he is careful to say that he is only watching to see if it is true. He wants it to be true but he doesn't claim here that it is. Instead he quotes someone else and disclaims that he believes. Why? I can only speculate that he knows deep down that it is nonsense."  Apparently he's a mind reader and a psychologist. It would be an amazing skill if it actually worked.

Finally Phil1111, "I guess if you want to wear the MAGA hat and stand next to DeSantis b.s. from an imaginary lawyer will work." Just more incorrect presumptions. I did check it's a real law firm. 
Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Lawyer | Broward County Criminal Defense Attorney | Richard Ansara (ansaralaw.com)

Apparently discussion on this topic just isn't possible. Too much emotion and plenty of conflicting information. It's been fruitlessly tried before.

What I said is exactly what I meant, nothing more or less, "
I'll be watching in SC and will have a front row seat to monitor the results."   I'll also add that I don't agree with the SC open carry law.

38 minutes ago, billeisele said:

It's comical that you and your tribe demand documented quotes but you have nothing. You made a statement. If I had done that you would repeatedly DEMAND proof, that's documented by your past behaviors. You said,  "I've also heard that folks in other third world countries feel safer with guns." If I said, "I heard", I'd blasted. You can't have it both ways.  Ever wonder why more peeps don't post? 

Then others feel emboldened to jump in and make more silly claims - it's basic gang mentality. 

Gowlerk says, "Yet he is careful to say that he is only watching to see if it is true. He wants it to be true but he doesn't claim here that it is. Instead he quotes someone else and disclaims that he believes. Why? I can only speculate that he knows deep down that it is nonsense."  Apparently he's a mind reader and a psychologist. It would be an amazing skill if it actually worked.

Finally Phil1111, "I guess if you want to wear the MAGA hat and stand next to DeSantis b.s. from an imaginary lawyer will work." Just more incorrect presumptions. I did check it's a real law firm. 
Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Lawyer | Broward County Criminal Defense Attorney | Richard Ansara (ansaralaw.com)

Apparently discussion on this topic just isn't possible. Too much emotion and plenty of conflicting information. It's been fruitlessly tried before.

What I said is exactly what I meant, nothing more or less, "
I'll be watching in SC and will have a front row seat to monitor the results."   I'll also add that I don't agree with the SC open carry law.

Bill, I was quoting YOU in your post and my reply was pure sarcasm or do you actually read the Somali Sun-Sentinal?

As reported by MSN yesterday - CA has some of the most stringent gun laws with waiting periods, registration, magazine limits, red flag laws, storage laws, a long-standing scary black gun ban, and universal background checks yet they had the highest number of active shooter incidents in 2021. 

Rather than do something effective the CA Democrats now want annual gun registration with a fee.

Maybe they should focus on the criminals rather than punishing the law-abiding citizens. None of what they've done solved anything unless one wants to argue that the killings would have been substantially more frequent and more deadly. If that was true they have bigger issues. Maybe sanctuary cities, illegal immigrants, and state policies on crime and homelessness are part of the problem?