5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

That may be his only chance to avoid bankruptcy. I was reading about Rudy and trump. trump evidently likes Rudy because they have a long history dating back to when trump and Rudy ran together in NYC. Recently trump decided not to pay Rudy's legal bills for whatever reason.

Which is probably a good incentive for Rudy to flip on trump. Then parlay his convictions and sex adventures into republican stardom, post trump.

All six of those unindicted co-conspirators have a hell of an incentive to flip on Trump while they are still unindicted co-conspirators.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ryoder said:

All six of those unindicted co-conspirators have a hell of an incentive to flip on Trump while they are still unindicted co-conspirators.

Boris Epshteyn is going to court with Trump today. WTF

Can they change his current title of Co-conspirator 6 to Co-indicted-co-conspirator while he's there?

It's getting to be quite a challenge to keep track of all of the Trump crimes, indictments, and the web of co-conspirators.

Criming better than anybody. Nobody knows more about conspiracy than Trump. People are saying.

What a sad shit stain on American history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, normiss said:

Can they change his current title of Co-conspirator 6 to Co-indicted-co-conspirator while he's there?

It's getting to be quite a challenge to keep track of all of the Trump crimes, indictments, and the web of co-conspirators.

Criming better than anybody. Nobody knows more about conspiracy than Trump. People are saying.

Why I wouldn't be surprised to see a RICO charge out of Atlanta.

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

In order to flip, the prosecutor has to offer a plea deal.

Generally, that happens when the prosecutor needs additional testimony to convict the primary target.

It seems that Jack Smith has enough to convict Trump. 
I'd doubt he'd offer much to the others.

Personally, I'd like to see all 7 of them get significant time for Seditious Conspiracy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, normiss said:

Hi Mark,

Makes Watergate look like a playground dustup.

For anyone with a strong interest in American history, this is great time to grab the popcorn and stay tuned.  The next 4-6 yrs are going to be very interesting; if not defining.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Looks like Bill Barr is putting another nail into the Trump coffin:  "But that does not protect you from entering into a conspiracy."

Bill Barr says Donald Trump 'knew well he lost the election' - BBC News

Additionally:  By saying his former boss knew he had lost the election, Mr Barr is undermining another plank of Mr Trump's defence which is that he was not defrauding the American people because he always believed he had won.

Looks to me like the prosecutor has a lot of ammo to bomb any defense Trump might present.

Jerry Baumchen

10 minutes ago, normiss said:

image.png.fc8fc47849a4c7f78e98d835ada8f515.png

Hi Mark,

More:  Trump Arraignment: Ex-President In Custody For Jan. 6 Charges—As Jack Smith Enters Courtroom (msn.com)

Big Number - 78. That’s the number of felony charges filed against Trump since he announced his third run for president in November.

We, the people, only to need to win one of them.  

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Makes Watergate look like a playground dustup.

For anyone with a strong interest in American history, this is great time to grab the popcorn and stay tuned.  The next 4-6 yrs are going to be very interesting; if not defining.

Jerry Baumchen

Hey, Jerry,

Have you listened to Rachel Maddow's podcast Deja News?  It's scary how much we collectively have forgotten -- and yet it seems a lot of these grifters have been reading the playbook (right down to the tag lines).

Tanya

49 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I'm watching a NBC News Special Report on tv.  Interestingly, I do not see even one Trump supporter in the crowd outside of the courtroom.

Up next, apparently, is a hearing on 28 Aug.

Get out the popcorn,

Jerry Baumchen

trump was specifically warned by the judge not to try to intimidate or threaten prospective jurors.

Hours or days till trump is in front of this judge again?

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

trump was specifically warned by the judge not to try to intimidate or threaten prospective jurors.

Hours or days till trump is in front of this judge again?

Would he go back before the magistrate if he violated that direction?  I imagine he would be under separate charges; in which case he might get that one again for his arraignment.  (just me trying to learn something about the process!).

Funny how at the airport he said this wasn't the DC he left -- dirty, graffiti, empty buildings... The only empty buildings he would have seen on that route are the ones in Crystal City -- and they're only empty because they're still under construction.  LOADS of new development in SE DC and Arlington.

^.^

40 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

Hey, Jerry,

Have you listened to Rachel Maddow's podcast Deja News?  It's scary how much we collectively have forgotten -- and yet it seems a lot of these grifters have been reading the playbook (right down to the tag lines).

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Being quite a bit older than you, I am just not a podcast type of person.  If there is a transcript, I would like to read it.

Re:  It's scary how much we collectively have forgotten

I am consistently astounded by this.  However, as George Santana said:  Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Jerry Baumchen

37 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

Would he go back before the magistrate if he violated that direction?  I imagine he would be under separate charges; in which case he might get that one again for his arraignment.  (just me trying to learn something about the process!).

Funny how at the airport he said this wasn't the DC he left -- dirty, graffiti, empty buildings... The only empty buildings he would have seen on that route are the ones in Crystal City -- and they're only empty because they're still under construction.  LOADS of new development in SE DC and Arlington.

^.^

Hi Tanya,

Show me the day that Trump does not lie & I'll show you an anomaly.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

Trump lawyer John Lauro said Thursday that his client asked Mike Pence to "pause the voting" during the 2020 election. 

Alrighty then, I guess my client actually did interfere withe the peaceful transfer of power and conspire to deprive millions of Americans with their constitutional right to vote just as described in the indictment. Well that sucks, especially the part where I'm going to get thrown off the case,  but at least I was smart enough to get my fees upfront.

14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Trump lawyer John Lauro said Thursday that his client asked Mike Pence to "pause the voting" during the 2020 election. 

And heeeere we go!

1) "Trump didn't try to interfere with the vote!"
2) "OK he did try to interfere but he only did it because xxx."
3) "Biden did it first."

1 hour ago, billvon said:

And heeeere we go!

1) "Trump didn't try to interfere with the vote!"
2) "OK he did try to interfere but he only did it because xxx."
3) "Biden did it first."

Yeppers,  just as ordered. To all of our clever and smart Republicans who post here, are you not yet ashamed enough to change party affiliation? No? Well then please know that we who look at you will never consider you to be serious: just selfish and not patriotic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

Big Number - 78. That’s the number of felony charges filed against Trump since he announced his third run for president in November.

We, the people, only to need to win one of them.  

Jerry Baumchen

Trump is facing a total of 78 charges across three criminal cases. They are 44 federal charges and 34 state charges, all of them felonies, in three jurisdictions.  For now.

Fulton County Sheriff’s Office announced a series of road closures beginning on August 7 in downtown Atlanta near the Superior Court of Fulton County and the Fulton County Government Center. At the end of July, the sheriff’s office put up security barricades around the courthouse. 

The extra security measures might indicate that Fulton County district attorney Fani Willis is about to announce the results of the grand jury’s investigation into Trump’s attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Georgia: "I took an oath, and…the oath requires that I follow the law,” Willis said today. “And…if someone broke the law in Fulton County, Georgia,...I have a duty to prosecute, and that's exactly what I plan to do.”

Hey Traitor Trump, BOHICA

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Alrighty then, I guess my client actually did interfere withe the peaceful transfer of power and conspire to deprive millions of Americans with their constitutional right to vote just as described in the indictment. Well that sucks, especially the part where I'm going to get thrown off the case,  but at least I was smart enough to get my fees upfront.

Start of an ambiguity defense.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Start of an ambiguity defense.

I'd just go full Chewbacca defense from the get-go.

"Your honor, this man is an adjudicated sex offender who's peeped on underage girls, admitted to grabbing women's pussies, called US veterans suckers and losers, and called the US Consitution phony.  And he still got over 70 million conservative to vote for him!  This makes no sense!  And now he's been indicted for over 70 felonies, keeps fleeing the area - but he's been released with no bail!  This makes NO SENSE!  His supporters think he's smart even after he suggested injecting bleach and nuking hurricanes!  This makes no sense!  None of it makes any sense!  And if it makes no sense, how can he be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?"

1 minute ago, billvon said:

I'd just go full Chewbacca defense from the get-go.

"Your honor, this man is an adjudicated sex offender who's peeped on underage girls, admitted to grabbing women's pussies, called US veterans suckers and losers, and called the US Consitution phony.  And he still got over 70 million conservative to vote for him!  This makes no sense!  And now he's been indicted for over 70 felonies, keeps fleeing the area - but he's been released with no bail!  This makes NO SENSE!  His supporters think he's smart even after he suggested injecting bleach and nuking hurricanes!  This makes no sense!  None of it makes any sense!  And if it makes no sense, how can he be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?"

Because it's been shown 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that his supporters are fucking idiots.

• Like 2