8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

Biden has long been known for verbal mixups.  These likely result from the fact that he has overcome a serious stutter, so his verbal processing is more convoluted in his brain that those of us who have not had to contend with that issue.  Voters will have to decide what concerns them more, the occasional gaff such as saying Mexico when you mean Egypt, or Trump repeatedly confusing Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi, or insisting that he ran against and beat Obama, or that Washington won the Revolutionary War by taking out British airfields, and on and on.

I do wish the Ds had come up with a younger, more dynamic candidate.  I think Biden has done a pretty good job, considering all the obstacles and crises he has had to contend with, but at this point he looks and sounds really old.  That is superficial appearances, but it unnecessarily concedes some ground to Trump.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Ginsberg hanging on a little too long.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Biden has long been known for verbal mixups.  These likely result from the fact that he has overcome a serious stutter, so his verbal processing is more convoluted in his brain that those of us who have not had to contend with that issue.  Voters will have to decide what concerns them more, the occasional gaff such as saying Mexico when you mean Egypt, or Trump repeatedly confusing Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi, or insisting that he ran against and beat Obama, or that Washington won the Revolutionary War by taking out British airfields, and on and on.

I do wish the Ds had come up with a younger, more dynamic candidate.  I think Biden has done a pretty good job, considering all the obstacles and crises he has had to contend with, but at this point he looks and sounds really old.  That is superficial appearances, but it unnecessarily concedes some ground to Trump.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be like Ginsberg hanging on a little too long.

Ain't that the truth. Ginzburg's selfishness really screwed us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

Voters will have to decide what concerns them more, the occasional gaff such as saying Mexico when you mean Egypt, or Trump repeatedly confusing Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi, or insisting that he ran against and beat Obama, or that Washington won the Revolutionary War by taking out British airfields, and on and on.

It’s weird isn’t it. Biden forgets the name of a General he used to work with, while Trump forgets who his own wife was, and Biden comes out sounding worse. 

Hell, I’m half his age and I couldn’t reel off the names of all the people I worked with 8 years ago. 

2 hours ago, jakee said:

It’s weird isn’t it. Biden forgets the name of a General he used to work with, while Trump forgets who his own wife was, and Biden comes out sounding worse. 

Hell, I’m half his age and I couldn’t reel off the names of all the people I worked with 8 years ago. 

It's like a Trump superpower.  Somehow he sets the bar for himself so low a cockroach couldn't crawl underneath it, and when he meets that low standard his minions think he is a genius.  Everybody else is expected to be superhuman, never getting tired or frustrated or confused about anything, otherwise they are a doddering old fool.  WTF.

The central witness in the claim that Joe Biden was profiting from Hunter Biden's business dealings - Tony Bobulinski - is melting down in rather spectacular fashion.  During even friendly republican questioning he is flying off the handle, accusing everyone of everything.  For example, since his testimony was contradicted by every single FBI agent who interviewed him, he has accused all six of them AND everyone else involved with lying.  From the hearing:

Mr. Bobulinski. You continue to lie and obfuscate the facts to the American people.

(Goldman asks about everyone Tony claims was lying.) So the FBI, The Wall Street Journal, Cassidy Hutchinson, all of  us -- there was another one. Who else lied? Yeah, the FBI agents. We've got that.

Mr B: Rob Walker.

Mr. G: Rob Walker.

Mr. B: James Gilliar.

Mr. Goldman: James Gilliar.

And at the same time as he was making those accusations, it turns out he was suing everyone he was doing business with, and banks were suing him because he was refusing to pay back money he borrowed; he was fast running out of money.  Apparently Trump was helping him out with this.  Per Cassidy Hutchinson, shortly after Bobulinski made his first public accusation about Biden, he met with Trump in New York.  A week later he showed up at a Trump rally in Georgia wearing a ski mask.  He met wtih Trump and his campaign manager Mark Meadows. During the meeting Meadows slipped Bobulinski an envelope.

Bobulinski is refusing to answer any questions about what was in the envelope.

20 hours ago, billvon said:

The central witness in the claim that Joe Biden was profiting from Hunter Biden's business dealings - Tony Bobulinski - is melting down i...

Surrounded by enemies, not paying his bills, suing everyone around him and running our of money. Not surprising he is associated now with trump and getting cash from trump.

2 hours ago, kallend said:

Jordan, Comey et al.  Just gullible dupes, or compliant Russian assets?

or actually advocating for the overthrow of democracy in America, which makes them complicit in it but could actually have nothing to do with Russia.  I have been saying it for decades that there is a significant double digit portion of the American population that would hand power over to a dictator because that America would be 'more like them and what they believe'..... and it is really easy to loot the country when it is in chaos than when it has checks and balances.

6 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Surrounded by enemies, not paying his bills, suing everyone around him and running our of money. Not surprising he is associated now with trump and getting cash from trump.

Soon enough, Trump will also ally with whatever country or leader will help him pay his bills.  That alone is a security risk for the USA.  Oh wait, he is already doing that.....

President Biden gives the State of the Union address tonight.  His recent public appearances haven't painted the best picture of him.  We will see how he does tonight.  

"Three-quarters of voters, including half of Democrats, say they have concerns about President Joe Biden’s mental and physical health, according to the latest national NBC News poll."

With people concerned about his age now, what will they think in 11 months at the inauguration if he is elected, in 2, 3, 4 years.

I am not a Trump fan either but it is looks like these will be our choices.

1 hour ago, johnhking1 said:

President Biden gives the State of the Union address tonight.  His recent public appearances haven't painted the best picture of him.  We will see how he does tonight.  

"Three-quarters of voters, including half of Democrats, say they have concerns about President Joe Biden’s mental and physical health, according to the latest national NBC News poll."

With people concerned about his age now, what will they think in 11 months at the inauguration if he is elected, in 2, 3, 4 years.

I am not a Trump fan either but it is looks like these will be our choices.

It is complete insanity really that Biden and Trump are the best leaders the US has to offer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnhking1 said:

I can't help but think that whoever is elected, they won't finish their 4 year term for one reason or another.

I don't remember which political pundit said it about a week ago, but they had this zinger:

"Nikki Haley really needs to stay in the race. Just like Charlie Sheen's understudy in a Broadway play, you know they are going to be needed!"

35 minutes ago, johnhking1 said:

I can't help but think that whoever is elected, they won't finish their 4 year term for one reason or another.

Statistically either one is very likely to live long enough to finish out another term. That is not necessarily a good thing when you factor in the effects of aging on performance. A POTUS can be called upon at any time to make momentous decisions.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Statistically either one is very likely to live long enough to finish out another term. That is not necessarily a good thing when you factor in the effects of aging on performance. A POTUS can be called upon at any time to make momentous decisions.

I'm suddenly remembering, as a kid, we KNEW if we asked dad or grandad for anything while they were sleeping we were good!

But MOM! Dad said I could!

• Like 1