8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Fun fact.  The planet is cooler now than when Greta Thunberg was born.

Even more fun fact - you are lying again.

Temperature deviation in 2003: +1.15°F
Temperature deviation in 2020: +1.76°F

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/global/time-series/globe/land_ocean/ytd/12/1880-2020

When you have to lie to even try to make a point - perhaps your point is not that strong to begin with?

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Biden: fucks up jokes

trump: was and still is a joke.

We're doing better at least.

FIFY

If it wasn't for a few adults around trump. He would have sold Alaska back to Putin. Withdrawn every US troop from every base in the world. Then gone to war with Iran.

With the rewriting of voting laws in the US underway now. Its amusing that any US current or former armed forces members still support the GOP. Obviously the constitution was never a high priority subject in military education.

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

Even more fun fact - you are lying again.

Temperature deviation in 2003: +1.15°F
Temperature deviation in 2020: +1.76°F

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/global/time-series/globe/land_ocean/ytd/12/1880-2020

When you have to lie to even try to make a point - perhaps your point is not that strong to begin with?

My bad, I should have said Europe.  

20 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What I would really like is the policies of the previous administration without Trump. 

O.K everyone, and you won't need Richard Simmons, it's called Brentercize! Ready? Now then, left, right, up, down, shake that booty, shake that booty!  And again, left, right, up, down, shake that booty, shake that booty! 

51 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Just now on MSNBC, a befuddled Joe Biden looks on as Kamala Harris plays President.

Some people see the Virgin Mary on wet windows while others see the face of Jesus in grilled cheese sandwiches. I wonder what they were hoping to see when those things appeared?

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Ah!  So you are saying that you have to compare the average for 2003 to 2021.  

What, pray tell, is the average temperature anomaly for Europe in 2021?

I disagree with brent on almost everything, but on this point, he's technically right.

As of the most recent 2021 data, it is indeed colder (globally) than when Greta was born. By a whopping 0.01 degree!

image.png.f3110245ff8b8e36758aa63e8d20d9d0.png

I downloaded the raw NASA GISS data and plotted between now and the closest point to Greta's birth date with the red/orange line. 2003.04: anomaly was 0.75, latest data point 2021.29: 0.74!

However this is a perfect example of cherry-picking: you can see that the point either side of 2003.04 is much colder. On average, 2020 is one of the, if not the hottest year on record. You'd have to have a very strong bias to look at the graph above and say that it's not getting warmer.

Of course, brent's deflections on Europe means he actually has no idea what he's talking about, but as far as arguments go, it's technically correct. This is also why brent stays silent on yearly averages: if you average it out over a year, the cherry-pickable spikes get smoothed out and cherry picking becomes impossible.

28 minutes ago, olofscience said:

I disagree with brent on almost everything, but on this point, he's technically right.

As of the most recent 2021 data, it is indeed colder (globally) than when Greta was born. By a whopping 0.01 degree!

image.png.f3110245ff8b8e36758aa63e8d20d9d0.png

I downloaded the raw NASA GISS data and plotted between now and the closest point to Greta's birth date with the red/orange line. 2003.04: anomaly was 0.75, latest data point 2021.29: 0.74!

However this is a perfect example of cherry-picking: you can see that the point either side of 2003.04 is much colder. On average, 2020 is one of the, if not the hottest year on record. You'd have to have a very strong bias to look at the graph above and say that it's not getting warmer.

You continue to feed the troll.

52 minutes ago, olofscience said:

?? Are you saying that a specific WEEK was colder than the week she was born?  That's what you think Brent was talking about?

But that doesn't even make any sense.  Comparing a week in April to a week in January doesn't tell you anything about warming (or cooling.)  You might as well compare the temperature outside your house at 3pm to the temperature at the beach at 5pm and say therefore we are cooling.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

But that doesn't even make any sense.  Comparing a week in April to a week in January doesn't tell you anything about warming (or cooling.)  You might as well compare the temperature outside your house at 3pm to the temperature at the beach at 5pm and say therefore we are cooling.

In climate change denialism, making sense is optional, or even frowned upon. But they'll pick cherries all day long.

19 minutes ago, olofscience said:

In climate change denialism, making sense is optional, or even frowned upon. But they'll pick cherries all day long.

But cherries are delicious. And think of the children who like cherries!

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Some people see the Virgin Mary on wet windows while others see the face of Jesus in grilled cheese sandwiches. I wonder what they were hoping to see when those things appeared?

Other people are either too stupid to see a person with a speech impediment instead of cognitive issues or they are so invested in their hatred that they choose to mock someone who sometimes has difficulties speaking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Other people are either too stupid to see a person with a speech impediment instead of cognitive issues or they are so invested in their hatred that they choose to mock someone who sometimes has difficulties speaking.

Hi Joe,

I went to high school with a stutterer; his last name was Struthers.  You can probably guess the hell endured.

I have great admiration for Joe Biden for his overcoming his stuttering; few can do it.

I am just fine with 'someone who sometimes has difficulties speaking.'

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

(edited)
46 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Other people are either too stupid to see a person with a truth impediment instead of cognitive issues or they are so invested in their hatred that they choose to mock someone who sometimes has difficulties speaking factually.

FIFY

BTW I don’t hate Biden, I feel embarrassed for him and our country every time he get up and serves another gaffe sandwich.  And I thought Trump was cringeworthy.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, billvon said:

?? Are you saying that a specific WEEK was colder than the week she was born?  That's what you think Brent was talking about?

The global temperature doesn’t fluctuate by the week.  It is becoming apparent that we are in a cooling phase despite record levels of CO2.