malarame

Naming your canopy

I flew a Stiletto that was Blackberry, Magenta, Jade, Lemon, Lime, and Watermellon, One of the girls at Skydive Houston called it a fruit salad..

My Katana came off the shelf with similiar colors except no Jade and my Samurai has a variation of the Katana and Stiletto colors.

Given small towns with no street names, it can make perfect sense to name a house to have a quicker understanding of which is meant (same logic as naming seas, rivers and countries [That small country south of Germany; The left or the right one?]).
;)

But for a canopy that has a distinct owner, colorscheme and type classification... Crazy.

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I adopted my Sabre, so she already came with a name but I can't pronounce it and she can't write.

But I'm, expecting a new little Katana in the Autumn and she'll have a proper name, as is right and fitting.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hmm. Might be I should call her "Matilda".

As I understand it, 'Waltzing Matilda' means something along the lines of "travelling with all of one's possesion in a bundle (swag) on one's back", which is almost true when I have my rig on, while a 'swagman' is some kind of tramp or hobo.
'Nuff said.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I don't have a name for my canopy but I do talk sweet to her and give her lots of love when I pack her.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

It used to have a rather standard name: Spinetto.

The last time it spun me up and started diving on opening I changed it's name to Shityoumotherfuckingbastard.

I think it's name for me is Bodyposition.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I love all you crazys!!

I currently only have student gear (till I find a container ;) then I'll name them better) so my lil pet names are:

packed up in the rig, refering to it as... its my barge

when opening.... a good opening is: openbabyopenahhh thankyou

hard opening... fuckthathurt

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Yes, your crazy.:S

If any of mine had a name it was 'piece of shit' when it landed me like crap.;)

Sometimes I call mine a "F*CKING BITCH" when she gives me a stiff or otherwise gnarly opening. At othertimes I thank her when she gives me a sweet and on heading opening, especially after a FUBAR break-off and/or when I take a bit off the bottom to gain some vertical sep. :$

StuntbabeX said:
I think Ill name mine Alzheimer's. cause when I pull I sometimes think that it forgets to open, since i get 1225' openings.

You do cock your pilot chute, right? :D:P:)

StuntbabeX said:
I think Ill name mine Alzheimer's. cause when I pull I sometimes think that it forgets to open, since i get 1225' openings.

What do you mean?? :P

(actually I just switched from a 24" to a 28". Openings are probably around the 1100 mark now :D )

What do you mean?? :P

(actually I just switched from a 24" to a 28". Openings are probably around the 1100 mark now :D )

Good. Now remove the slider. You'll think of a name for the canopy very, very quickly (pun intended).

j/k!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The Apache you are talking about was manufactered in Commerce , Texas bt FTS. The Apaches manufactured by Aero Tech Products are nothing like the ones you jumped. Jay Shrimser at Aerodyne brought one of his over and I can see why you made that statement. Our Apache is ment to compete with the PD Stiletto and the Aerodyne Pilot. It is a higher performing canopy than these two. Aero Tech makes several other of our own design canopies and has built the Eiff Classic canopy for the last 10 years. We also build some of the military canopies for Aerodyne. Website www.flyaerotech.com for more information.

Thanks

The Apache you are talking about was manufactered in Commerce , Texas bt FTS. The Apaches manufactured by Aero Tech Products are nothing like the ones you jumped. Jay Shrimser at Aerodyne brought one of his over and I can see why you made that statement. Our Apache is ment to compete with the PD Stiletto and the Aerodyne Pilot. It is a higher performing canopy than these two. Aero Tech makes several other of our own design canopies and has built the Eiff Classic canopy for the last 10 years. We also build some of the military canopies for Aerodyne. Website www.flyaerotech.com for more information.

Thanks

Spike you're not 'advertising' your stuff by pullin' up a 5 year old thread are ya? ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks

Spike you're not 'advertising' your stuff by pullin' up a 5 year old thread are ya? ;)

Yeah I was like what the fuck? Had to go back and read what I posted. I hated that particular Apache. It's somewhere in Phoenix, AZ hiding in a friend's closet. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

With my canopies, I plan on following the same rule I follow with my guitars. I'm not going to name it because everything I have named in the past has died. Well I my canopy dies like the other things have? Ill bounce. :S

Carpe Diem, even if it kills me