malarame

Naming your canopy

With my canopies, I plan on following the same rule I follow with my guitars. I'm not going to name it because everything I have named in the past has died. Well I my canopy dies like the other things have? Ill bounce. :S

Everybody dies...

If ya give it a name that matches it's personality, it helps build a bond...makes it harder for it to hurt you 'on purpose' ~ unless of course you're lucky enough to get a canopy that was a redhead in it's past life.

In THAT case it's gonna trash your ass 10% of the time...BUT the other 90% will make ALL the pain WELL worth it! ! :)B|

My nylon bitch 'Lucile' ALWAYS gives me a warm feeling when I jump her...usually it's because she takes such loving care of me ~ other times it's just piss runnin' down my leg. :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

With my canopies, I plan on following the same rule I follow with my guitars. I'm not going to name it because everything I have named in the past has died. Well I my canopy dies like the other things have? Ill bounce. :S

Everybody dies...

If ya give it a name that matches it's personality, it helps build a bond...makes it harder for it to hurt you 'on purpose' ~ unless of course you're lucky enough to get a canopy that was a redhead in it's past life.

In THAT case it's gonna trash your ass 10% of the time...BUT the other 90% will make ALL the pain WELL worth it! ! :)B|

My nylon bitch 'Lucile' ALWAYS gives me a warm feeling when I jump her...usually it's because she takes such loving care of me ~ other times it's just piss runnin' down my leg. :$

Yea.... Everybody dies. But everything I have named have died violent premature deaths. Like when I was ten I found a dog and named it spot because it was a Dalmatian. The next day a semi truck ran it over infront of my house. The bunny that I named ate rat poison and died. The cat that I named got rabies and then got bit by a snake. See where I'm going? If I name my canopy something violent will happen. Just a superstition of mine.
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

Everybody dies...

Yea.... Everybody dies. But everything I have named have died violent premature deaths. Like when I was ten I found a dog and named it spot because it was a Dalmatian. The next day a semi truck ran it over infront of my house. The bunny that I named ate rat poison and died. The cat that I named got rabies and then got bit by a snake. See where I'm going? If I name my canopy something violent will happen. Just a superstition of mine.

Remind me not to get on a plane with you! ;)

:D:D:D

While I have never named a canopy, I HAVE called them names!!!
;)

Exactly, that's all I do. :D

"What the fuck was that for, you donkey bitch?!? (after a slammer) :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No. It's okay. I didn't name you. ;)

Yeah but ya might have a name for the PLANE! B|

We call the planes at my home DZ the Jump and the Swoop, but that's easy since their designations are PH-JMP and PH-SWP. And since the new supervan-900 engine, the Jump has the additional nickname of "are-we-at-altitude-already!?"

Common nickname for the pilot seems to be tricycle-driver...

Everybody dies...

If you do have kids, please get someone else to name them...
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Called my Blade Runner "The Blade" --> The Blade was a bitch today.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

I may be getting my "Bitch" back this Sunday after 12 years in a friend's possession. Yeah, my old Apache 170 canopy, which I jumped before I found Aerodyne and learned about their Triathlon from a Tri-jumping friend.

I don't remember why I loaned it to my friend. It flared like shit and dropped me on my ass almost every time I tried to land it. Ended up having to stitch up holes in the ass of my jumpsuit a few times. :S

It'll make a nice car cover or something. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Q: I don't remember why I loaned it to my friend.

A: It flared like shit and dropped me on my ass almost every time I tried to land it. Ended up having to stitch up holes in the ass of my jumpsuit a few times. :S

:P

Oh, right.... :D:D:D

A: It flared like shit and dropped me on my ass almost every time I tried to land it. Ended up having to stitch up holes in the ass of my jumpsuit a few times. :S

Prolly kept it so long because he's just coming outta the coma from the LAST time it was jumped. :o

Prolly kept it so long because he's just coming outta the coma from the LAST time it was jumped. :o

:D:D:D

Nah, I just told him I didn't need it so he could send it back anytime he wanted to. He never got around to it due to being a busy medical technician, and the fact his last jump was in 2001. It just hasn't been on his mind.

Just talked with him this morning via text. He and his girl will be driving through AL on the way to a vacation in the Smoky Mountains. Details still have to be worked out and okay'd with his girl. I'm not that far out of his way. And, he wants to get back into the sport someday soon. :)

Then start giving them "symbols" like The Artist Formally Known as Prince." :P

Then start giving them "symbols" like The Artist Formally Known as Prince." :P

:D