1 1
normiss

FOX "News" - Again!

“What this lawsuit reveals is that today’s Fox News is the same old Fox News,” said attorney Douglas Wigdor in announcing the lawsuit’s filing. “Some of the names in leadership may have changed since Roger Ailes’ regime, but Fox News’ institutional apathy towards sexual misconduct has not.”

No wonder its trump's favorite channel. All the players getting a piece of the action, no pun intended.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Cue the right wing.

"He said she said.  She just want attention.  If this was real she would have brought it up a long time ago.  She's a slut.  OK maybe not but she's no choir girl!  Things just got out of hand.  Happens to everyone.  She's misremembering."

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Cue the right wing.

"He said she said.  She just want attention.  If this was real she would have brought it up a long time ago.  She's a slut.  OK maybe not but she's no choir girl!  Things just got out of hand.  Happens to everyone.  She's misremembering."

OR . . . most don't really give a shit, and don't watch it anyway.

7 hours ago, Westerly said:

why would you read such trash? Fox News is for idiots. Hints, only idiots watch it.

When ascertaining where the thinking of certain trump supporters comes from. Its usually FOX. Certain SC posters love and worship FOX broadcasters. Anytime I criticize FOX its as if I attacked their mother.

On the right sources of thinking are fiercely protected so its useful sometimes to get the lies right from the source.Think teat of a cow.

11 hours ago, Westerly said:

why would you read such trash? Fox News is for idiots. Hints, only idiots watch it.

Fox news has a far reach. I never watch it, and rarely watch any TV at all. All the same the time I spend here and on other social media informs me of much of what Fox news is saying. You should not assume that anyone in particular is watching it just because they comment about it. We are all mostly aware of what it is.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

OR . . . most don't really give a shit, and don't watch it anyway.

Most of the people I was referring to above indeed do not give a shit - as long as it's a right winger doing the assaulting.

But Hillary Clinton accused of running a sex ring?  Bill Clinton getting a blowjob?  That's 24/7 coverage.  They give a HUGE shit about that stuff.

47 minutes ago, billvon said:

Most of the people I was referring to above indeed do not give a shit - as long as it's a right winger doing the assaulting.

But Hillary Clinton accused of running a sex ring?  Bill Clinton getting a blowjob?  That's 24/7 coverage.  They give a HUGE shit about that stuff.

Hi Bill,

And they look the other way* when it is a R doing the same things.

Jerry Baumchen

* Or maybe they wish it were them.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

maybe "used to" is appropriate here - 

Its all background noise now, desensitization and all.

13 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Fox news has a far reach. I never watch it, and rarely watch any TV at all. All the same the time I spend here and on other social media informs me of much of what Fox news is saying. You should not assume that anyone in particular is watching it just because they comment about it. We are all mostly aware of what it is.

You provided a hyperlink to Fox's website which means you read their news. I dident even bother clicking on it. Why? Because there is nothing Fox news writes that isint highly bias garbage, so to even click the link would be a waste of my time. I'd say that's a better example of not watching Fox news. If you're actively providing links to their website and talking about it, obviously you watch/ read it to some extent as said activity would be impossible otherwise.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Westerly said:

You provided a hyperlink to Fox's website which means you read their news. I dident even bother clicking on it. Why? Because there is nothing Fox news writes that isint highly bias garbage, so to even click the link would be a waste of my time. I'd say that's a better example of not watching Fox news. If you're actively providing links to their website and talking about it, obviously you watch/ read it to some extent as said activity would be impossible otherwise.

I did no such thing. I merely commented on your comment. It can be hard to keep track of who posted what upstream in this forum.

Edited by gowlerk

FOX, Breitbart and Stephen Miller. are all working together to develop a narrative for the election.To tell trump voters what to think.

"To his legions of listeners, Rush Limbaugh calls the demonstrators in Portland, Ore., “anarchists” who “hate Americans and America.” He recently made an ominous prediction: “I can see secession coming.”

On Fox News, Sean Hannity describes the scene in Portland as “a literal disaster area — and, yeah, it looks like a war zone.”

On Wednesday, Breitbart News — which features a “Riot Crackdown” page on its website — published an article declaring, “Now would be a real good time to do whatever is necessary to obtain a permit to legally carry a handgun.”

Right-wing outlets and conservative media stars have seized on the weekslong protests in Portland as a rallying cry for law and order, instructing their followers to fear for their safety and blaming Democratic leaders for failing to restore peace."

Get guns, fear for your safety and vote GOP. 1968 all over again.

James Murdoch,resigned from the board of News Corp this summer with an elliptical statement, saying he was leaving “due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company’s news outlets and certain other strategic decisions....

he tried to explain why he “pulled the rip cord,” as he put it, after deepening estrangement with his father and brother and growing discomfort over the toxicity of Fox News and other conservative News Corp properties....

“I reached the conclusion that you can venerate a contest of ideas, if you will, and we all do and that’s important,” he told me. “But it shouldn’t be in a way that hides agendas. A contest of ideas shouldn’t be used to legitimize disinformation. And I think it’s often taken advantage of. And I think at great news organizations, the mission really should be to introduce fact to disperse doubt — not to sow doubt, to obscure fact, if you will."

But for those who love "facts" that fit their preconceived, wrong, ideas of trump, economics and politics. You can continue to watch and feed your need for "legitimized disinformation".

On 7/22/2020 at 7:37 AM, normiss said:

There are no links to FOX in this thread for that matter.

So what? He's Canadien and fair game. I tried fitting in a dose of Fox for a while just to combat the argument that I only watch/listen to________________ fill in the blank.  But it is just a waste of time and completely predictable. I don't think there is anything to be learned about anyone from watching it that we don't already know. Especially the people who believe it's "fair and balanced".

"James Murdoch, youngest son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch, on Friday issued a public rebuke of U.S. news outlets for advancing what he called “insidious and uncontrollable forces,” adding that he hoped the deadly pro-Trump riot at the Capitol will lead to a “reckoning” for media. 

The younger Murdoch, who over the summer resigned from his position on the board of his father’s media company News Corp., said in an interview with the Financial Times that last week’s mob attack, in which five people died amid the chaos, was fueled by media groups promoting misinformation that left “a substantial portion” of the public believing “a falsehood.”

“The damage is profound," Murdoch said. “The sacking of the Capitol is proof positive that what we thought was dangerous is indeed very, very much so. Those outlets that propagate lies to their audience have unleashed insidious and uncontrollable forces that will be with us for years.” 

We all know none of trump's supporters in SC watch FOX. But perhaps advertisers or lawyers can send FOX the way of many of trump's failed business.

Fox Settled a Lawsuit Over Its Lies..  Then insisted the agreement be concealed until the election was over.

"On Oct. 12, 2020, Fox News agreed to pay millions of dollars to the family of a murdered Democratic National Committee staff member, implicitly acknowledging what saner minds knew long ago: that the network had repeatedly hyped a false claim that the young staff member, Seth Rich, was involved in leaking D.N.C. emails during the 2016 presidential campaign. (Russian intelligence officers, in fact, had hacked and leaked the emails.)

Fox’s decision to settle with the Rich family came just before its marquee hosts, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, were set to be questioned under oath in the case, a potentially embarrassing moment. And Fox paid so much that the network didn’t have to apologize for the May 2017 story on FoxNews.com."

It seems as if that fact would be important in the final arguments to a jury. Regarding the link, the relationship between trump and his FOX mouthpiece.

Its time for a class action lawsuit against FOX and the Murdcoch masters. For the costs of last week and four years of trump.

33 minutes ago, tonyhays said:

Sean Hannity's face is almost as punchable as Ted Cruz's

Read this: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/08/sean-hannity-fox-news-staffers-feel-trapped-in-trump-cult

What really caught me off-guard was this paragraph:

Hannity deserved a big share of the blame for this state of affairs. But despite that, and despite the fact that he was rarely at headquarters, Hannity was well-liked around Fox. Colleagues described him as a big-hearted family guy. He paid bonuses to his staff out of his own deep pockets. He ordered meals and care packages to the homes of colleagues who lost loved ones. He even offered to hire a private investigator when an acquaintance died in a mysterious crash. When the network descended on New Hampshire for primary election coverage, Hannity footed the bill for the open bar. A member of Sean’s production crew, a Democrat, told me, “I want to fucking hate him so bad. But he’s so nice to me.”

But of course the bottom line is still: Hannity makes $36M a year spreading lies.

34 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Read this:

But of course the bottom line is still: Hannity makes $36M a year spreading treasonous  lies.

FIFY

Paid for by Murdoch, so a treasonous whore so to speak. Hannity currently being sued for sexual harassment. Stages "debates" with attractive blonde democrats with weak debating skills. Then uses news clips with either lies or factually incorrect footage to make them appear weak.

1 hour ago, tonyhays said:

Sean Hannity's face is almost as punchable as Ted Cruz's

No a 500KV taser to his balls.