1 1
JoeWeber

Armed, unidentified militia in DC

2 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

i just read an article on peter turchin and it was enlightening as hell.  it seems this shit did start with reagan as my fiance and i were discussing last night, and it may just go all the way to a revolution.  i'm not going anywhere, this is about to get interesting.

Thanks for the read.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Caligula was assassinated by his Praetorian Guard. 

At some point even the Praetorians have had enough.

Odd that you would mention that. Caligula lusted after his sister, trump lusts after Ivanka

Caligula used women wantonly for his pleasure. trump will also #*ck anything in sight.

Caligula loved to humiliate and embarrass those around him. trump loves to insult and humiliate those around him.

Caligula ruled Rome for four years. trump despised and humiliated America for four years.

Caligula made his horse a state official. trump made trump Jr.the horse's ass.

Caligula considered himself a living God. trump considers himself above god.

Caligula had statues of himself in the most important temples. trump used charity money to put his images up wherever good taste was absent.

Caligula's images and memory was vanquished from Rome after his death. Just like trump come January 20th.

Just now, airdvr said:

C'mon Bill...you know that's not true.  Everyone who saw the video knew it was wrong.

There's a very good chance he's referring to other murders by cops. There IS an abundance of them, just in recent history for that matter.

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

C'mon Bill...you know that's not true.  Everyone who saw the video knew it was wrong.

No, and that's the problem. Not everyone who saw the video knew it was wrong, not in the sense you imply. For example, the DA didn't "know" it was wrong in the sense that the bastard, and his asshole buddies, needed to be immediately locked up on murder charges. Of course looting and arson is wrong. But for just one second try to imagine living a life where you and your friends were not only deprived equal access to all society can offer, just owing to your skin color, but also subject to police harassment and murder. Then add to that the fact that the cop who killed someone who looked like you, or your family member would probably get away scot free. Can you imagine, for just one second, eventually being so pissed off you might want to break something? You know, just to remind yourself you aren't completely powerless in the face of what you deal with every damn day. Think about it.

• Like 4

Hi folks,

Looks like the revolving door on the White House might be used once again:  'Officials say the Defense secretary is on thin ice with the president.'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/esper-troops-washington-dc-301568

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  And, in the words of John Kallend, but 'only the best.'

21 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks like the revolving door on the White House might be used once again:  'Officials say the Defense secretary is on thin ice with the president.'

Jerry Baumchen

I can't take credit for the words of others:

36 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No, and that's the problem. Not everyone who saw the video knew it was wrong, not in the sense you imply. For example, the DA didn't "know" it was wrong in the sense that the bastard, and his asshole buddies, needed to be immediately locked up on murder charges. Of course looting and arson is wrong. But for just one second try to imagine living a life where you and your friends were not only deprived equal access to all society can offer, just owing to your skin color, but also subject to police harassment and murder. Then add to that the fact that the cop who killed someone who looked like you, or your family member would probably get away scot free. Can you imagine, for just one second, eventually being so pissed off you might want to break something? You know, just to remind yourself you aren't completely powerless in the face of what you deal with every damn day. Think about it.

And then there is the Aubrey case.

and then.....

and then....

and then....

ad nauseum

(edited)
25 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I agree...there's been far too much of it.  One happened near me in CLE.  Tamir Rice. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

But the title of this thread is different.

"I agree...there's been far too much of it."

Dude, we aren't talking about bechamel sauce on your Eggs Benedict. Oh, excuse me, but there is far too much of it!

We're talking about systemic police violence against black men and women in America. And the title of the thread does not give you a pass. Frankly, I think the issue is empathy. Somehow there seems to be a fair bit less of it amongst those who espouse "conservative values".

Edited by JoeWeber

You're more than free to head on into L.A. and make it right.  I said in another thread that I don't know what the answer is.  I don't know how you change it.  It's easy to point to the problem...much more difficult to offer a solution.

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

In a surprise to absolutely no one after his statement yesterday about not knowing the purpose of the church walk and categorically denying that the US military would be deployed against citizens.

Defy Trump, get fired. The equation is a very simple one. 

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Jerry Baumchen

Wait for Friday Jerry, late in the evening when the news of the day dies down.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

You're more than free to head on into L.A. and make it right.  I said in another thread that I don't know what the answer is.  I don't know how you change it.  It's easy to point to the problem...much more difficult to offer a solution.

You stand with them. You live it because you believe it. You believe it because it is the obvious truth is in front of your eyes. You say it out loud, that's how you change it. And if the opportunity presents itself you get off your ass and walk with them. No one getting gassed, hit with rubber bullets or even looting thinks that's the solution. They're just tired of screaming "look at me, look at me" when no one ever looks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

The answer is accountability.

4 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Funny that - I offered to do that.  

The offer was appreciated, but I was warned that my color would be more of a problem, and I would likely need to be protected if I went.

??

I've seen white people fully involved in damn near every photo or video of every protest march happening out there. Who said there was a problem?

• Like 1