1 1
airdvr

Tesla, GM Lose Bid To Raise Ceiling For Federal EV Tax Credit

1 hour ago, normiss said:

When I was a sponsored knee boarder, I wrote off a LOT of gas tax money.

I miss my boat. :D

Apparently there are a quantity of electrically powered watercraft.  Will be interesting to see that develop.  I grew up with load boat and louder jet skiis. 

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

Nah...how about most EV's are for rich white guys who don't need a subsidy.

EV's don't pay the federal gas tax for infrastructure.

Majority of EV's are sold in CA.  Let CA increase the state subsidy.

Wouldn't it be better if the general populace could afford an EV?

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Apparently there are a quantity of electrically powered watercraft.  Will be interesting to see that develop.  I grew up with load boat and louder jet skiis. 

As long as they have the hull design and the weight to put out a proper wake, that would be awesome. More so if they can run for 8-10 hours at a time. Knee board wake board the curl!

1 hour ago, normiss said:

As long as they have the hull design and the weight to put out a proper wake, that would be awesome. More so if they can run for 8-10 hours at a time. Knee board wake board the curl!

I'm waiting for the silence of the dirt track race - Well - Until the batteries fail in a spectacular manner.

9 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

There are actually people who drink that shit? Good to see the majority of the bottles are still full. Do yourself a favour and throw them out before you have to subject yourself to drinking it in a moment of weakness.

The only one I would drink from is the big one in the background. I like whiskey flavoured whiskey please. I do approve of Crown though. It's made about 2 miles north of our DZ in Gimli. When the wind is right you can smell the fermented mash. The steam from the still is our wind indicator.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, normiss said:

I'll miss the grumble of Detroit iron echoing through the lake.  Still, I can see the future and it has no place for my twin 5.7L Mercs and 150 gallon fuel tank.  Thankfully I'll be worm food by then.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 6:09 AM, brenthutch said:

#1- The oil industry subsidizes the government not the other way around

Oil and gas industry subsidies from the federal government in 2019 - $12 billion.

All federal EV subsidies, time period 2011-2017 - .8 billion a year.

So let's end both the oil company and EV subsidies, let gas prices settle - and then let people decide.

On 12/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, turtlespeed said:

I'm waiting for the silence of the dirt track race - Well - Until the batteries fail in a spectacular manner.

Check out a Formula E race.  I went one year, and the noisiest thing on the track happened after a crash when one car was dragging its spoiler behind it.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:09 PM, billvon said:

Check out a Formula E race.  I went one year, and the noisiest thing on the track happened after a crash when one car was dragging its spoiler behind it.

I was speaking more to this - https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/hybrid-electric/a28687473/tesla-model-3-explosion/

20 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

From your article.

"Analysts expect a loss for 2019 as a whole."

I guess all those investors buying all that stock don't know as much as you do. In case you didn't know, sometimes a company will not turn a profit because it is spending on building assets and capabilities for the future. Maybe you should learn about basic principles of investing. But yes, of course you are already smarter than both Musk and all the experienced capitalists who are foolishly looking to the future while you steadfastly stick to the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

That's odd, YTD tesla is up 3.36% while the S&P500 is up 26%.  Looks like a bit of a dog to me.  That said, now that they are soon to be removed from the taxpayer teat and will be at the tender mercies of the market, I wish them the best of luck. 

Tesla was at $190.63 May 24, 2019 and at $419.22 on December 23, 2019.  $419.22 > $190.63, or so I thought but maybe we should ask Kallend.

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I've  got your math right here:

Automotive revenue down 12%

Total revenue down 8%

Research and development down 5%

Operating income down 37%

Free cash flow down 58%

Total debt up 12%

What about the share price Brent? Someone disagrees with your analysis. Which I keep pointing out and you keep just glossing over. Do you believe in the market or not?

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That's odd, YTD tesla is up 3.36% while the S&P500 is up 26%.  Looks like a bit of a dog to me.  

So to you, a change in price from $295 (Dec 24 2018) to $419 (Dec 23 2019) is an increase of 3.36%?  

I think I am beginning to see why you are having trouble with the science behind climate change.  "So what if the average temperature has risen 1.5 degrees F?  That's less than a hundredth of a degree!"

Sorry I was a bit distracted.  I was dealing with a sick daughter, baking cookies and preparing to host a Christmas Eve party.  My google search did not capture the last few months.  Yes Tesla is awesome, best company ever, Elon Musk should be anointed King of America and we all will be driving electric cars by the end of the year.

Happy now?

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Sorry I was a bit distracted.  I was dealing with a sick daughter, baking cookies and preparing to host a Christmas Eve party.  My google search did not capture the last few months.  Yes Tesla is awesome, best company ever, Elon Musk should be anointed King of America and we all will be driving electric cars by the end of the year.

Happy now?

Tone down by half, and, Yes.  ;)

On 12/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, DJL said:

We'll definitely need to figure out where that comes from.  Fuel tax is supposed to represent direct usage and everyone is OK with that because the more you use the road the more you pay because the more wear and tear you put on the road.

The federal fuel tax on gasoline is $.184 / gallon, (New York State highway use tax is an additional $.08).  To be generous, let's say the average fuel mileage for the country is 30 mpg.  That comes to $.006133 / mile.  Let's say that the average yearly vehicle mileage is 12,000 miles times .006133 = $73.69 / year (plus $32.00 in New York) that all electric vehicles should pay for the use of the highways.  Wait, I forgot about the sales tax, the average price for a gallon of gas is $ 2.588 / gallon.  At 8%, (New York) that comes to another $ .19 / gallon, another $76.48 / year.  That total for New York comes to $182.17.  So you Tesla drivers pay up.