normiss

War criminal pardons?

2 hours ago, normiss said:

So a 5 time draft dodger has pardoned some war criminals.

SEAL Commander Admiral is stripping a Trident from the murdering war criminal PO Gallagher.

Come on now.  A little murder, a little rape - I mean, why does everyone get so upset over these one-time, irrelevant issues when there are more important issues out there.  Like the size of Trump's inauguration compared to Obama's.  Or a really big parade.  Why isn't the military focused on THAT?

11 hours ago, normiss said:

SEAL Commander Admiral is stripping a Trident from the murdering war criminal PO Gallagher.

Bravo Zulu Admiral!

OK Army, your turn to do the honorable thing.

I mistakenly waded into the comments section on that.  Wow, what a shit show.  It's like a a page out of It Can't Happen Here.

Why does this remind me of the legal "boiler plate" that the Canadian Army dragged Corporal Rob Furlong and Captain Robert Semrau through?

Furlong's case was complicated by a military padre who did not understand the "dark humour" that is routine among soldiers and skydivers.

Lawyers are on such a vastly different wave-length than combat soldiers.

41 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Lawyers are on such a vastly different wave-length than combat soldiers.

Doesn't mean they're always wrong. The army needs oversight just like everyone else.

Anyway, detail on one of the officers Trump just pardoned for murder "At his trial in August 2013, nine members of his platoon testified against him." So in that case the lawyers and the soldiers were on the same wavelength.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:31 PM, jakee said:

Doesn't mean they're always wrong. The army needs oversight just like everyone else.

Anyway, detail on one of the officers Trump just pardoned for murder "At his trial in August 2013, nine members of his platoon testified against him." So in that case the lawyers and the soldiers were on the same wavelength.

I occasionally run into people who say that soldiers in these situations are doing what needs to be done.  No.  Those are war crimes.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, normiss said:

Bravo Zulu Admiral!

OK Army, your turn to do the honorable thing.

There's to much winning going on around here...too much winning!  Gallagher is an American Hero...there is a lot of Butt Bleed in the Upper Brass who have a tendency to Boofoo one another while slapping each other on the back.  Yep, this is what it looks like when you drain the swamp...I LIKE IT.

35 minutes ago, Channman said:

There's to much winning going on around here...too much winning!  Gallagher is an American Hero...there is a lot of Butt Bleed in the Upper Brass who have a tendency to Boofoo one another while slapping each other on the back.  Yep, this is what it looks like when you drain the swamp...I LIKE IT.

I prefer to not fire military leaders that understand and honor their oaths. More so when it's in support of proper military legal prosecution of a war criminal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, normiss said:

I prefer to not fire military leaders that understand and honor their oaths. More so when it's in support of proper military legal prosecution of a war criminal.

I prefer individuals who are acquitted of all charges except for a photograph that had other individuals in it not be singled out for persecution.  I also would prefer so called JAG Officers who understand the MCOJ who may have or not have any honor eavesdrop, email spying on the defense team.  Navy Cmdr. Christopher Czaplak should have been disciplined at minimum for misconduct.  

2 hours ago, Channman said:

I prefer individuals who are acquitted of all charges except for a photograph that had other individuals in it not be singled out for persecution.  I also would prefer so called JAG Officers who understand the MCOJ who may have or not have any honor eavesdrop, email spying on the defense team.  Navy Cmdr. Christopher Czaplak should have been disciplined at minimum for misconduct.  

Nothing like seeing Joe Q Civilian bring up the MCOJ.  Turns out: that's not a thing at all.  It's the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).  Its Article 15 is shortened in parlance to NJP or Non-Judicial Punishment among us military types (or Captain's Mast in the Navy specifically).  And, as it also turns out, even if you are not found guilty of a crime, you can still be punished under Article 15 the UCMJ at the discretion of the command. 

Edited by yobnoc
lots of grammar errors. smh...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Channman said:

I prefer individuals who are acquitted of all charges except for a photograph that had other individuals in it not be singled out for persecution. 

I prefer individuals who do not murder prisoners, then pose with their "trophy."  You may prefer different people; that's fine.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, billvon said:

I prefer individuals who do not murder prisoners, then pose with their "trophy."  You may prefer different people; that's fine.

I love it when people just get down to the heart of the matter with no wasted words.

42 minutes ago, yoink said:

IIRC he was found not guilty of murdering prisoners, wasn't he?

Yep.  Look into what happened in the trial; it's pretty clear that Gallagher killed the prisoner, and a bizarre (but effective) courtroom maneuver by a friend of his - medic Corey Scott - made it impossible to convict him.

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  Look into what happened in the trial; it's pretty clear that Gallagher killed the prisoner, and a bizarre (but effective) courtroom maneuver by a friend of his - medic Corey Scott - made it impossible to convict him.

Big deal. O.K., you win. Your new avatar is like talking to someone with a big zit on their nose. I concede defeat.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Plus his CO had been destroying evidence and suppressing allegations against him.

18 hours ago, yobnoc said:

Nothing like seeing Joe Q Civilian bring up the MCOJ.  Turns out: that's not a thing at all.  It's the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). 

Many of us civilians also went "huh"?

21 hours ago, Channman said:

You're simultaneously claiming that the upper echelon guys need to stay out of it while also ignoring that they guys directly involved want Trump to stay out of it.  This sailor is going to get his Trident back with a big asterisk on it because his shipmates don't want him to have it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Those facts don't mean anything when you are all worked up about Trump.

His entire team testified against him, saying he DID in fact murder 3 people.

That was the team he threatened to kill, for telling the truth.

His buddy took the fall for him.

Those are the facts.

• Like 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Those facts don't mean anything when you are all worked up about Trump.

His penalties are also not for murdering a prisoner.  You get a little more than reduction in rank and four months commuted for that.

Edit to clarify.  His full penalty was demotion to E-1 and time served, when it became political it was changed to demotion in one rank.  When Trump got involved he was granted full clemency and will retire with no penalty.

Edited by DJL

21 minutes ago, DJL said:

His penalties are also not for murdering a prisoner.  You get a little more than reduction in rank and four months commuted for that.

Edit to clarify.  His full penalty for demotion to E-1 and time served, when it became political it was changed to demotion in one rank.  When Trump got involved he was granted full clemency and will retire with no penalty.

The Navy leaders who handled the standard review process paid a heavier price than did the war criminal.

• Like 1