40 Tonnes of F*** You

On 9/19/2019 at 5:10 PM, Coreece said:

And you may believe that, but apparently that sentiment isn't shared by some liberals that have either directly or indirectly expressed hope for the deaths of older conservatives whose world view hinders their twisted and hypocritical liberal agenda.  Even some here have aimed such attacks directly toward Ron, and it makes me fucking sick.

Poor Coreece, always the martyr. Give it up, yo, who has "directly or indirectly expressed hope for the deaths of older conservatives whose world view hinders their twisted and hypocritical liberal agenda"?

What makes you sick is living in a world where your, and Ron's, beliefs no longer get the lifetime pass from examination that made your day's so easy. Sorry, dude, someone turned the lights on.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I believe that would be me; but im not hoping for it, just stating the fact that the old guard will die. Then the new guard becomes the old guard, and they’ll die too. 

And thus, haltingly and with some setbacks, does society progress.

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I believe that would be me; but im not hoping for it, just stating the fact that the old guard will die. Then the new guard becomes the old guard, and they’ll die too. 

Your comment crossed my mind, but that's not really what I was referring to.  Even I shared a similar sentiment in the past. (Tho in context, I was making a point about how gen X&Y is likely more conservative than older republicans/conservatives give them credit for.)

No, I was referring more so to comments from people like Grue and Skinnay.  There are also a couple of active posters that have made similar comments as well, but I don't feel it necessary to point them out and put them on the spot,  especially since people like Quade, Billvon and DanG have already called out such posts as being "Obnoxious, rude, tacky and uncalled for."

13 hours ago, Coreece said:

No, I was referring more so to comments from people like Grue and Skinnay. 

I don’t remember Grie but Skinnay was a pure troll, wasn’t he? Why do you care what he said? If he made you sick, that was probably the goal.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:02 AM, jakee said:

I don’t remember Grue

Grue on conservatives, christians and other religious types:

"Hope that they'll die off and humanity can improve once they're not holding us back."

"I want to see those politicians and religion die natural deaths and then celebrate"

Skinnay was a pure troll, wasn’t he?

He definitely trolled at times, but I don't think I'd say he was a pure troll.   Either way tho, he certainly seems to have made a bigger impression with his 800+ posts compared to grue's 6000+ posts.

Why do you care what he said?

Skinnay:

"The only way for society to progress is for conservatives to get old and die off."

"But seriously, it will be great when this "anti green" crowd gets a bit older and dies off."

Regardless of whether or not he's a troll,  his sentiment is shared by others within the progressive liberal movement, some even on this site - he's not the only one.

Ron: "I belong to a dying breed"

SteveBabin: "We can only hope"

And as I've said, there are also active posters here that have shared similar sentiments:

"My hopes and prayers are that enough of you die soon enough"

"Personally, there are people I hope to see die soon"

"Ron's getting pretty old now, it IS his personal end times."

"Don't have to tell them they are wrong. They'll die off soon enough."

I think this mindset is rather indolent, hatefully hypocritical, dangerously ignorant and unhealthy for such a vast, ideologically composited democratic and supposedly secular humanistic society.

It's also interesting that liberals didn't call out Candace Owen until she decided to join the very group she hoped would die off:

Candace Owen - "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY.”

And, while the following quotes don't necessarily convey hope for certain people to die, they demonstrate how terribly flawed such a mindset can be:

Arvoitus - "When that generation dies off then I believe pot will be legalized pretty naturally. I have a gut feeling that in roughly the next 15-20 years most western countries will legalize pot as the crumpy old people go extinct.

skydyvr - I used to think old-testament minded politicians would eventually "die off", paving the way for more sensible drug laws, but I'm thinking now I was wrong, or at least off by a few generations."

Billvon on the GOP and gay marriage -  "it looks like they will have to wait for some of the party's more extreme members to either retire or die off before they make any progress on that."

The last I checked, gay marriage is legal in the U.S.  Pot is also legal in most states for medicinal or recreational use and it continues to grow, so no, we didn't have to wait for them to die off.  Same thing when it comes to women's rights, abortion and the growing acceptance of efforts toward mitigating the effects of climate change.

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

Billvon on the GOP and gay marriage -  "it looks like they will have to wait for some of the party's more extreme members to either retire or die off before they make any progress on that."

The last I checked, gay marriage is legal in the U.S.  Pot is also legal in most states for medicinal or recreational use and it continues to grow, so no, we didn't have to wait for them to die off. 

Right, we waited for them to retire, for the most part.  Which is a good thing for everyone involved.

16 hours ago, billvon said:
20 hours ago, Coreece said:

The last I checked, gay marriage is legal in the U.S. 

Right, we waited for them to retire, for the most part. 

Wrong, only 8 months lapsed between the time you made that post and when SC legalized gay marriage.  The were no deaths/retirements necessary within that time period to make that happen.

13 hours ago, gowlerk said:
21 hours ago, Coreece said:

"I want to see those politicians and religion die natural deaths and then celebrate"

If they did, would it not be God's will?

We're talking about those that wish death on other citizens that they disagree with just so they can get their way, because they're just too damn lazy and incompetent to do anything else about it.

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

Wrong, only 8 months lapsed between the time you made that post and when SC legalized gay marriage.  The were no deaths/retirements necessary within that time period to make that happen.

Glad I was wrong.

Vermont legalized civil unions for gay people in 2000.  (First marriage rights for gays.)  Massachusetts legalized gay marriage in 2004.  California legalized gay marriage in 2008 - then unlegalized it, then relegalized it.  The US finally legalized it in 2015 - 15 years after the first legal unions (which were very heavily opposed by conservatives.)  During that time, dozens of senators and representatives have retired (or died.)

24 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Coreece,

IMO when sa person posts:  ‘I want to see ‘someone’ die natural death.'

that does not mean that they wish death upon them.

But that's not all he posted, is it?  Nor is he the only poster I'm talking about.

Here, this is what he said since you apparently can't be bothered to include the entire quotations:

"Hope that they'll die off and humanity can improve once they're not holding us back."

8 hours ago, Coreece said:

But that's not all he posted, is it?  Nor is he the only poster I'm talking about.

Here, this is what he said since you apparently can't be bothered to include the entire quotations:

Coreece, give it a rest. You wrote: "directly or indirectly expressed hope for the deaths of older conservatives whose world view hinders their twisted and hypocritical liberal agenda." 

Indirectly is a very subjective analysis. You know: bullshit. And this ostensible "twisted and hypocritical liberal agenda"  business, are you referring to our liberal willingness to ignore our fondness for horrifically murdering innocent babies while we hypocritically concern ourselves with statistically insignificant gun murders? 

41 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:
9 hours ago, Coreece said:

Coreece, give it a rest.

Hey man, I'm not the one trying to defend this shit.

18 minutes ago, Coreece said:

This thread started as a celebration of death.  "Happy ending!"   "Get sum!"    You hijacked it and made it about conservatives retiring and dying off.  Give it a rest.

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

No, what you're defending is far worse.

Think about it, you're trying to create an equivalence between liberals saying they're waiting for the old guard to die off, and conservatives furiously masturbating over real videos of real bombs obliterating real people.

Don't you think what you're doing right now is sick?

11 hours ago, jakee said:

you’re so easily outraged by others.

I'm not the only one that found the comments detestable:

DanG

"How would you feel if Ron said he disagreed with liberals, so he hopes they all die?  If you can't see how that is inappropriate, I can't help you."

"Obnoxious and un-called for."

Billvon

"I don't think the sentiment "the elimination of this group of people will solve the problem" has ever worked out."

Dekker: "Old people die and with them their mentalities."

Billvon:  "That's true. But looking forward to that is pretty rude."

I wonder what the reaction would've been if a conservative said they hoped Ginsburg died soon of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's or some other "natural death" so that they can take over the SC and ban late-term abortion and all kinds of other progressive liberal shit.

And it's fucking fascinating how some people here think that wishing for the "natural deaths" of others, as apposed to some unexpected tragedy, somehow reduces the effects of cognitive dissonance from which they're apparently suffering, as if hoping for someone to die of cancer is somehow less deplorable than hoping they die in a car accident.

10 hours ago, Coreece said:

somehow reduces the effects of cognitive dissonance from which they're apparently suffering, 

Cognitive dissonance - yes. That you have somehow convinced yourself that anything you've posted is the same as  crowing over videos of violent killing is exactly that.

I mean, look at that last one you posted - SkyDekker literally just pointed out that old people die. That's it. Billvon said it was rude. That's it. But you're claiming that SkyDekker was revelling in death and Billvon thought his comments were detestable.

Again, step back and have a think about it - if you're so desperate that you have to twist things so badly to try and support your point, you may not have a point.