40 Tonnes of F*** You

6 hours ago, jakee said:

you have somehow convinced yourself that anything you've posted is the same as  crowing over videos of violent killing

Nigel was going on about rednecks and religious fundamentalists and how "life should be treasured and valued, regardless of race, creed or culture."

Many of the quotes that I referenced in this thread are clearly inconsistent with that philosophy, but if it would make you guys feel less uncomfortable, I can package them all up and move it to a new thread if you'd like.

7 hours ago, jakee said:

I mean, look at that last one you posted - SkyDekker literally just pointed out that old people die. That's it. Billvon said it was rude. That's it. But you're claiming that SkyDekker was revelling in death and Billvon thought his comments were detestable. 

Dekker made that post after he already started walking back his comment about Vietnam Vets with PSTD dying off soon enough, which is what DanG and Billvon were calling him out for.  I only included it to give context to what Bill's quote was referring to.

7 hours ago, jakee said:

if you're so desperate that you have to twist things so badly to try and support your point, you may not have a point. 

The quotes pretty much speak for themselves, and I've already noted that while some quotes may not be as offensive as others, they certainly contribute to this rather unhealthy mindset of looking forward to the deaths of certain groups of people.

And as DanG said, If you can't see how that is inappropriate, I can't help you.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, markharju said:

"North of Mosul, U.S. warplanes dropped 38 tons of smart bombs on Qanus Island in the Tigris River. The island is 16 kilometers from an airbase used by American troops. The island has long been a rest stop for ISIL personnel moving between Iraq and Syria and has been bombed before. About 25 ISIL men were killed this time and the reason for the large number of bombs used is to clear landmines and explosive traps ISIL uses to defend the transit camps from attack."

1 hour ago, markharju said:

"North of Mosul, U.S. warplanes dropped 38 tons of smart bombs on Qanus Island in the Tigris River. The island is 16 kilometers from an airbase used by American troops. The island has long been a rest stop for ISIL personnel moving between Iraq and Syria and has been bombed before. About 25 ISIL men were killed this time and the reason for the large number of bombs used is to clear landmines and explosive traps ISIL uses to defend the transit camps from attack."

And that makes it worth how many millions of dollars and putting at risk how many troops? Think about this win in real terms. Smart Bombs at $25K per, Fighters at $30K+ per hour flight time, ordinance guys, shipping costs, untold dozens of support personnel, planning staff and on and on and on. Maybe TriGirl can put a real number on this, I sure can not, other than I know it's a fuck load of money. Some nights you just need to stay home and be entertained by TV so you can pay the rent. 

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

The quotes pretty much speak for themselves, and I've already noted that while some quotes may not be as offensive as others, they certainly contribute to this rather unhealthy mindset of looking forward to the deaths of certain groups of people.

Don't think it is a big secret that Ron and I don't see eye to eye and I believe he espouses ideas that are especially repugnant to me. Ideas that are not necessarily uncommon among an older demographic. As much as I look forward to a reduction in the prevalence in those ideas by the natural process of the groups espousing those ideas disappearing, it would be disingenuous to suggest that I therefor look forward to an individual member of that group dying.

Edited by SkyDekker

On 9/25/2019 at 1:19 PM, Coreece said:

I wonder what the reaction would've been if a conservative said they hoped Ginsburg died soon of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer's or some other "natural death" so that they can take over the SC and ban late-term abortion and all kinds of other progressive liberal shit.

And it's fucking fascinating how some people here think that wishing for the "natural deaths" of others, as apposed to some unexpected tragedy, somehow reduces the effects of cognitive dissonance from which they're apparently suffering, as if hoping for someone to die of cancer is somehow less deplorable than hoping they die in a car accident.

Sounds like you are really working hard to be offended.  Far be it from me to stand in the way of your autoindignity.

53 minutes ago, billvon said:

Sounds like you are really working hard to be offended.  Far be it from me to stand in the way of your autoindignity.

It is one thing to celebrate videos of death and destruction and rationalise that it’s ok because ‘you’re the good guys’ and a totally different thing to be ok with the ending of a philosophy.

I can’t wait for Christianity and Islam to die, that does not mean I wish for a single Christian or Muslim to die. 

Personally I think Coreece is performing some mental gymnastics to equate the two.

The blunt facts are that throughout history religious fanatics have wished harm and destruction on their enemies, they just don’t like having their hypocrisy highlighted. The bible is packed full of the very stuff that elicits outrage from Christians, when muslims express the same views. During the gulf war I remember the ‘glass parking lot’ comments being made here in speakers corner...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Don't think it is a big secret that Ron and I don't see eye to eye and I believe he espouses ideas that are especially repugnant to me. Ideas that are not necessarily uncommon among an older demographic. As much as I look forward to a reduction in the prevalence in those ideas by the natural process of the groups espousing those ideas disappearing, it would be disingenuous to suggest that I therefor look forward to an individual member of that group dying.

What about that special bottle of wine you are saving for my death in celebration?

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

What about that special bottle of wine you are saving for my death in celebration?

Hi Ron, since we don’t really know who you are or at least most of us don’t, and you’ve hinted at some serious health problems I always worry that you will disappear from these pages and we won’t know if you have passed on or not. 

19 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Hi Ron, since we don’t really know who you are or at least most of us don’t, and you’ve hinted at some serious health problems I always worry that you will disappear from these pages and we won’t know if you have passed on or not. 

Thank you for your concern. I have been reassured by my oncologist that under the present circumstances I will continue on for several years. He told me on my first encounter that his goal was for me to live until 95 and then die of a stroke. In response I said, yeah, let the ER doc determine the COD.

Some of my friends think I should stop riding my motorcycle. The mountains produce hazards, like critters trying to attack it. 

The other day my buddy Steve said, "We are terminal but immortal."

As the saying goes, the object is to slide into the grave sideways at full speed, totally used up and broken, praising God. What a ride!

I recently went back to temporary employment with the 2020 Census Bureau.