2 2
turtlespeed

DNC Hopefuls

23 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I'm not so sure.  The first time, I wrote in Mickey Mouse (because I couldn't spell Condoleezza Rice and thought that a fictional cartoon rodent would make a better choice than either candidate) but Trump has delivered on taxes, fossil fuels, deregulation, judicial appointments and confronting China.  I personally think the man is a loathsome idiot but his policies are largely conservative boiler plate policies.  In a perfect world Trump would be impeached and removed from office and Pence would take his place.  Otherwise I will probably be forced to vote for him this time around.

I'd start with a different news source first. Your claims are highly inaccurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I'm not so sure.  The first time, I wrote in Mickey Mouse (because I couldn't spell Condoleezza Rice and thought that a fictional cartoon rodent would make a better choice than either candidate) but Trump has delivered on taxes, fossil fuels, deregulation, judicial appointments and confronting China.  I personally think the man is a loathsome idiot but his policies are largely conservative boiler plate policies.  In a perfect world Trump would be impeached and removed from office and Pence would take his place.  Otherwise I will probably be forced to vote for him this time around.

time

for a period

not a comma

wassup with  Obama?

some people say 

the dude has had his day

he needs to go away

he's making such a fuss

cause he's not one of us

that's just what I hear

he's stokin' you with fear

'cause he's not from here

aint no illusion

or collusion

it's confusion

you know they all lyin'

you know how hard I'm tryin'

and tellin' you the truth

from me

the way it needs to be

you can see

your minds are free

you know what I meant

we're in the same tent

all 63 million of us

and Brent

On 9/12/2019 at 6:46 AM, wmw999 said:

I know it’s ageism, but I think I’d like to see one of the younger set, with Warren as the veep-who-is-listened-to (kind of like a not-evil Cheney). Mayor Pete is smart, but not that experienced. Personally, I like Steve Bullock; i think he brings a real ability to appeal to and work with a variety of political persuasions. We’re on a bad path financially; Warren understands finances, and Bullock will have some idea of what can actually happen. at least that’s my thought  

But I haven’t done any sort of in depth study, because I’m not a political animal, and am unlikely to do anything besides vote. 

Wendy P. 

I think he just dropped out.

Why is it so hard to find a candidate from the left that even has a chance?

I'm very disheartened in what is there to choose from.

NOW - Bloomburg is in the race and likely just ruined the chances of anyone decent getting in.

12 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I think he just dropped out.

Why is it so hard to find a candidate from the left that even has a chance?

I'm very disheartened in what is there to choose from.

NOW - Bloomburg is in the race and likely just ruined the chances of anyone decent getting in.

I'd quite like to see a Bloomberg / Warren ticket.

52 minutes ago, Rick said:

I wonder what chance Bloomberg has to get the nod from the DNC?   It may come down to him or Biden.

He's got some odd positions on issues.

Smoking and soft drink laws wouldn't have any impact on me personally, so those are cool though. ;)

His tax ideas would drive us deeper in debt, he seems to have an almost racist approach to policing laws, and he's an idiot on where we are with pot.

I still wish the billionaires that want change would simply use their money to support decent and skilled states-people that understand the process of policies.

I'm not too excited about Biden, but he is a significantly better option than what we currently have. Biden / Harris might get more support I think.

Who knows at this point though, so much flux happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, normiss said:

I still wish the billionaires that want change would simply use their money to support decent and skilled states-people that understand the process of policies.

I read a tongue-in-cheek proposal for what Bloomberg could do for the country:

Offer Trump $10B to resign.

- Bloomberg would still have 80% of his current net worth.

- Trump would finally have the net worth he claims to have.

It's a win-win!:D

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, ryoder said:

I read a tongue-in-cheek proposal for what Bloomberg could do for the country:

Offer Trump $10B to resign.

- Bloomberg would still have 80% of his current net worth.

- Trump would finally have the net worth he claims to have.

It's a win-win!:D

AND - it just might work!o.O

Biden / Harris is just not enough.

I don't see any candidates that can beat trump.

They need more and stronger support. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Amy Klobuchar has long been my favourite in this crowd. But I did not believe she had much of a chance. It's beginning to look like maybe she does.

I heard this on the radio this morning, and looked up the source:

On 2/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, gowlerk said:

Bloomberg, The Better Billionaire!

OK - So let me get this straight:

The Party of "Down with the Rich White Guy - We are all about Minorities" changes the rules to let the rich white guy in.  Because they don't quite have enough candidate vying for the chance to run against Trump.

One Oligarc traded for another?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

The oligarc or the other oligarc?

Trump is not an oligarch. He has been very good at using other people's money and being used as a puppet.

The US has turned into an oligarchy, but I have brought that up in the late Bush or early Obama years. On top of that Americans generally seem to think that wealth equates to intelligence. Idiocy like that doesn't help.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Trump is not an oligarch. He has been very good at using other people's money and being used as a puppet.

The US has turned into an oligarchy, but I have brought that up in the late Bush or early Obama years. On top of that Americans generally seem to think that wealth equates to intelligence. Idiocy like that doesn't help.

So why do you think the left allowed B-Burg to buy his way into the election?