Blacksmith311

Harvey Weinstein long time Democrat donor acused of sexual harassment and assault

I see you like the made up stuff now too.

All the accusations of sexual assault against Trump are made up? The lawsuits are made up?

Are you confident that you know all of the facts about what really happened in to be able to make that judgement?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

***You voted for a sexual predator with a history of immorality in nearly every aspect of his life.

No, not really.

Something said is not something done.

I see you like the made up stuff now too.

"Something said is not something done." - RushMC. We'll remember this any time you list something about Obama, Clinton, George Soros, etc.

So how about that $25 million dollar settlement over Trump University, does the fraud involved in that case categorize as a "said" or a "done"?

I can't believe that you (plural) are sitting here in the middle of thread about Weinstein entirely unable to draw a comparison.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

rushmc

*********What does party affiliation have to do with right and wrong?

Democrats have evidence to prove that the Republicans are wrong. The Republicans know it is the other way around.

(Let's see who picks up on the meaning of that statement.)

The two parties have different value standards. And the divide is growing wider.

You can't harp on value standards with Trump sitting in office. That's laughable.

Why?

Maybe this will help:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sad watching the latest performance from the right wingers here.

"NEWS FLASH - Man under investigation for sexual assaults going back over 20 years. More women coming forward. Man admits to some of the assaults. Criminal cases starting."

Right wing: Wait, who? Is it a democrat? What hypocrites! They say they are for women's rights, but they support this guy! What scum. They must really love him if he's a sexual assaulter. It's sad they hate women so much! How could they support him? This is everything that's wrong with the liberal left. They have no morals, no honesty, no integrity, no. . . .

News: "It's Donald Trump."

Right wing: Oh. Well, then, uh . . . he didn't do it. They are just words. His accusers are all liars. Innocent until proven guilty. Family values. All guys want to do that anyway. He was just honest about it.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bill,

Oh. Well, then, uh . . . he didn't do it. They are just words. His accusers are all liars. Innocent until proven guilty. Family values.

A direct quote from the rushmc playbook.

Good for you,

Jerry Baumchen

Only 8/10 from me - he missed out "Clinton did it first".

rushmc

[
No, not really.

If you came up to me and said 'I want to grab your daughter by the pussy', you'd wake up in hospital, even if you hadn't done anything.

Sometimes words are enough to elicit a response.

I would doubt both.
Possibly an arrest, ROR or tiny bond due to the charge, case dismissed or plead down to a misdemeanor, at worse some probation.
A number of states would support the defense of a threatened child in some cases, especially sexual in nature.

yoink

***[
No, not really.

If you came up to me and said 'I want to grab your daughter by the pussy', you'd wake up in hospital, even if you hadn't done anything.

Sometimes words are enough to elicit a response.

FALSE EQUIVALENCE.

Saying you want to do something is not the same as saying you've done it (as in the Trump video) or having a bunch of witnesses saying you did it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Blacksmith311

And you would wake up in jail I would imagine, and a large civil suit to boot

Possibly, possibly not. I'd be legally wrong to do it, but I'd do it none-the-less. What's your point?

My action would carry consequences without doubt, but the point is that rush's WORDS would elict a response.

Sometimes 'something said' can have the same consequences as 'something done'.

yoink

Only in the world of the "touchy/feely" liberals. I was taught that "sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me."

That goes along with being personally responsible. Nowadays most are looking for someone or something to blame. That is social weakness IMO.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Only in the world of the "touchy/feely" liberals. I was taught that "sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me."

That goes along with being personally responsible. Nowadays most are looking for someone or something to blame. That is social weakness IMO.

So does this mean we can hurl personal attacks at you with no threat of being banned?

I don't know for certain. However, I have experienced many PAs over the years without retribution to the sender. Try it and see.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I don't know for certain. However, I have experienced many PAs over the years without retribution to the sender. Try it and see.

You're so ugly they gave your mom a littering ticket when she dropped you off at school.

Anyway, your logic of emotional response = liberals is pretty lame. I see way more about your side of the fence being afraid of foreigners or people wearing certain articles of clothing. Fear and weakness is a pretty bad trait.

In response, I don't view myself as being afraid or weak. I want foreigners vetted and allowed to stay legally. Styles of clothing are for profiling. Trust is an issue granted 1:1 upon favorable interaction.

RonD1120

In response, I don't view myself as being afraid or weak. I want foreigners vetted and allowed to stay legally. Styles of clothing are for profiling. Trust is an issue granted 1:1 upon favorable interaction.

Its a fact that clothing, hairstyles, skin color, etc. result in "profiling" in the human mind. Just as tone of speech, use/misuse of language do.

Then you learn that you can't judge a book by its cover:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/peter-marino-architect-on-living-and-dressing-out-of-the-box/

Which of course is the danger for LE.

RonD1120

All of that is true except you (right leaning people) exhibit a disproportionate fear towards people with certain colors and nationalities. We've hashed out all of that in different forums to no conclusion. From Martin Luther King's Speech "I've Been to the Mountaintop":

Let us Develop a Kind of Dangerous Unselfishness.

"Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness. One day a man came to Jesus, and he wanted to raise some questions about some vital matters of life. At points he wanted to trick Jesus, and show him that he knew a little more than Jesus knew and throw him off base....

Now that question could have easily ended up in a philosophical and theological debate. But Jesus immediately pulled that question from mid-air, and placed it on a dangerous curve between Jerusalem and Jericho. And he talked about a certain man, who fell among thieves. You remember that a Levite and a priest passed by on the other side. They didn't stop to help him. And finally a man of another race came by. He got down from his beast, decided not to be compassionate by proxy. But he got down with him, administered first aid, and helped the man in need. Jesus ended up saying, this was the good man, this was the great man, because he had the capacity to project the "I" into the "thou," and to be concerned about his brother.

Now you know, we use our imagination a great deal to try to determine why the priest and the Levite didn't stop. At times we say they were busy going to a church meeting, an ecclesiastical gathering, and they had to get on down to Jerusalem so they wouldn't be late for their meeting. At other times we would speculate that there was a religious law that "One who was engaged in religious ceremonials was not to touch a human body twenty-four hours before the ceremony." And every now and then we begin to wonder whether maybe they were not going down to Jerusalem -- or down to Jericho, rather to organize a "Jericho Road Improvement Association." That's a possibility. Maybe they felt that it was better to deal with the problem from the causal root, rather than to get bogged down with an individual effect.

But I'm going to tell you what my imagination tells me. It's possible that those men were afraid. You see, the Jericho road is a dangerous road. I remember when Mrs. King and I were first in Jerusalem. We rented a car and drove from Jerusalem down to Jericho. And as soon as we got on that road, I said to my wife, "I can see why Jesus used this as the setting for his parable." It's a winding, meandering road. It's really conducive for ambushing. You start out in Jerusalem, which is about 1200 miles -- or rather 1200 feet above sea level. And by the time you get down to Jericho, fifteen or twenty minutes later, you're about 2200 feet below sea level. That's a dangerous road. In the days of Jesus it came to be known as the "Bloody Pass." And you know, it's possible that the priest and the Levite looked over that man on the ground and wondered if the robbers were still around. Or it's possible that they felt that the man on the ground was merely faking. And he was acting like he had been robbed and hurt, in order to seize them over there, lure them there for quick and easy seizure. And so the first question that the priest asked -- the first question that the Levite asked was, "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But then the Good Samaritan came by. And he reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?""

RonD1120

Only in the world of the "touchy/feely" liberals.

Ask some of your conservative parent friends this:

'If an adult said to you that they were going to hurt / assault your child, would you ignore it and do nothing?"

Get back to me on how many of them have the 'touchy/feely liberal' response of taking some sort of action about it. Hell - put a poll up in here if you want.
It may not be the same action as I'd take, but I bet you $1000 there would be a response. Equally, you cannot possibly think that ignoring something like that is a good Conservative / right wing trait...

Words have consequences. Those consequences usually take the form of actions.

Take a look at your posts, Ron. You political point-scoring, the us vs them attitude you embody has gone so far that you're completely out of touch with reality. You have no idea what real people think or do - just these made up stereotypes of the pussy-liberal/ Dems and the patriotic red-blooded Conservatives that your opinions on how people react in a situation because of their perceived politics are nonsense.
How you were ever an effective counselor if you're so quick to apply labels to people is beyond me.

And for your future reference, we've played the politics game before - on just about every test I don't score as a liberal. I'm very much a moderate. On some topics I lean quite a long way left, on others quite a long way right.

>Only in the world of the "touchy/feely" liberals.

No, in the real world. If someone came up to you on the street, put their hand under their jacket and said "I am going to kill you and take your money!" you would be justified in defending yourself (in fact, that's pretty much the legal definition of assault.) He doesn't need to stab you for you to be in the right to defend yourself.

In the real world, words mean things.

yoink

Only in the world of the "touchy/feely" liberals.

Ask some of your conservative parent friends this:

'If an adult said to you that they were going to hurt / assault your child, would you ignore it and do nothing?"

Get back to me on how many of them have the 'touchy/feely liberal' response of taking some sort of action about it. Hell - put a poll up in here if you want.
It may not be the same action as I'd take, but I bet you $1000 there would be a response. Equally, you cannot possibly think that ignoring something like that is a good Conservative / right wing trait...

Words have consequences. Those consequences usually take the form of actions.

Take a look at your posts, Ron. You political point-scoring, the us vs them attitude you embody has gone so far that you're completely out of touch with reality. You have no idea what real people think or do - just these made up stereotypes of the pussy-liberal/ Dems and the patriotic red-blooded Conservatives that your opinions on how people react in a situation because of their perceived politics are nonsense.
How you were ever an effective counselor if you're so quick to apply labels to people is beyond me.

And for your future reference, we've played the politics game before - on just about every test I don't score as a liberal. I'm very much a moderate. On some topics I lean quite a long way left, on others quite a long way right.

I agree with you being a moderate. Certainly more so than most here.

Your example of someone saying they were going to assault a child certainly requires a protective adult response, not necessarily violent.

I am referring to 1:1 insults. And I disagree that words lead to action. I've grown up and lived in an environment where cussing someone out, chewing them up one side and down the other along with threats of bodily harm were the end result of the initiator simply being pissed off.

For me a good example is a drill instructor or NCOIC. And my father who would cuss you out in a heartbeat and threaten severe bodily attack. I never saw him in a fight, except with me.

Counselors do not use labels with clients generally speaking. Our job is to assist the client in determining his own path. Labels are used however in treatment team meetings where we discuss our clients and evaluate progress.