RonD1120

Good News from WSJ RE:President Trump Tax Reform

Another of President Trump's campaign promises beginning to bear fruit. Please, let's try to be more positive and focus on what is actually manifesting. Stop trying to manifest the negative.

Have faith!

The Tax Law, Just One Month Old, Is Roaring Through U.S. Companies

The Wall Street Journal
Theo Francis, Peter Loftus and Heather Haddon

Just weeks after the federal government adopted the biggest tax overhaul in three decades, the effects are rippling through corner offices and boardrooms, with companies large and small dusting off once-shelved plans, re-evaluating existing projects and exploring new investment in factories and equipment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/the-tax-law-just-one-month-old-is-roaring-through-us-companies/ar-AAvauNM?ocid=spartanntp
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"Major companies including Cisco Systems Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. say they’ll turn over most gains from proposed corporate tax cuts to their shareholders, undercutting President Donald Trump’s promise that his plan will create jobs and boost wages for the middle class.

The president has held fast to his pledge even as top executives’ comments have run counter to it for months. Instead of hiring more workers or raising their pay, many companies say they’ll first increase dividends or buy back their own shares."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/trump-s-tax-promises-undercut-by-ceo-plans-to-reward-investors

"It appears right now what companies are going to do is provide bigger dividends, they're going to do stock buybacks, make more acquisitions, and I think the amount of cash in the U.S. will probably inflate the economy a bit," Rubenstein said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/us-firms-will-now-focus-on-stock-buybacks-after-tax-cuts-david-rubenstein-says.html

As they should, companies owe their duties to shareholders. Most US companies have been increasing debt in the last three years in order to use cheap leverage instead of diluting shareholders equity.

Phil1111

"Major companies including Cisco Systems Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. say they’ll turn over most gains from proposed corporate tax cuts to their shareholders, undercutting President Donald Trump’s promise that his plan will create jobs and boost wages for the middle class.

The president has held fast to his pledge even as top executives’ comments have run counter to it for months. Instead of hiring more workers or raising their pay, many companies say they’ll first increase dividends or buy back their own shares."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/trump-s-tax-promises-undercut-by-ceo-plans-to-reward-investors

"It appears right now what companies are going to do is provide bigger dividends, they're going to do stock buybacks, make more acquisitions, and I think the amount of cash in the U.S. will probably inflate the economy a bit," Rubenstein said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/us-firms-will-now-focus-on-stock-buybacks-after-tax-cuts-david-rubenstein-says.html

As they should, companies owe their duties to shareholders. Most US companies have been increasing debt in the last three years in order to use cheap leverage instead of diluting shareholders equity.

Or use the income to offset the costs of firing thousands. Like the makers of Huggies are doing.

SkyDekker

***"Major companies including Cisco Systems Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. say they’ll turn over most gains from proposed corporate tax cuts to their shareholders, undercutting President Donald Trump’s promise that his plan will create jobs and boost wages for the middle class.

Or use the income to offset the costs of firing thousands. Like the makers of Huggies are doing.

And all at a cost of some $1.5 TRILLION in additional debt to the nation.

(Isn't the WSJ owned by GOP cheerleader Rupert Murdoch?)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The effective average tax paid by Fortune 500 companies over the prior years is 21.2%. There's a difference between the statutory rate and that which is actually paid.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Another of President Trump's campaign promises beginning to bear fruit. Please, let's try to be more positive and focus on what is actually manifesting. Stop trying to manifest the negative.

Have faith!

Faith in who? Trump? I thought you placed yours elsewhere. In any case, this is wonderful news for the already bloated incomes and balance sheets of the wealthiest people of the world. Not just America.

And Paul Ryan will be very happy as he watches the federal deficit balloon. He is already planning the cuts to medicare and the looting of the social security system down the line to pay Rupert Murdoch et al their just rewards.

How are the people of the northern Georgia hill country making out? Are they any richer now?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Our company celebrated by not allowing ANY wage increases this year, as well as cutting the annual bonus in half.
Gotta keep those golden parachutes inflated!

I also noticed today that Honeywell was looking at a profit for shareholders (instead of a loss per share) due to the tax change. While I don't hold enough shares these days for it to really matter much, I guess I should be happy about this one. They were employee purchased stocks so I got a good price many years ago.

Hi Mark,

President Trump Tax Reform

In today's OREGONIAN newspaper there is an article that the State of Oregon is considering legislation that any candidate for President must provide their tax returns or other similiar financial data to qualify for being on a ballot in Oregon.

Well, there goes 2020,

Jerry Baumchen

Kinda funny how you are quoting the "Main Stream Media" here.

You claim they are nothing but lies and fabrications when they report stuff you don't like.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Kinda funny how you are quoting the "Main Stream Media" here.

You claim they are nothing but lies and fabrications when they report stuff you don't like.

I did that for your benefit not mine.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Kinda funny how you are quoting the "Main Stream Media" here.

I did that for your benefit not mine.

They rarely, if ever catch that.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

SURPRISE!

www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/01/31/federal-debt-limit-deadline-moved-up-to-mid-march-adding-urgency-to-another-congressional-task/?utm_term=.f8eff9888894&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

"The U.S. government’s cash reserves are expected to run out faster than expected, the Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday, a result of lost revenue from last year’s tax cut law.

If the debt ceiling isn’t raised by the first half of March, CBO said, “the government would be unable to pay its obligations fully, and it would delay making payments for its activities, default on its debt obligations, or both.”

Good. This is exactly what we need to do. Screw you people who counted on government handouts and those who loaned us money! Let's just default on our debts and declare bankruptcy. This is exactly what we wanted when we elected someone who is like a smart person and a very stable genius businessman.

CygnusX-1

Good. This is exactly what we need to do. Screw you people who counted on government handouts and those who loaned us money! Let's just default on our debts and declare bankruptcy. This is exactly what we wanted when we elected someone who is like a smart person and a very stable genius businessman.

Actually what you do is repay your creditors with a weaker dollar. Punish savers with higher inflation. So cumulatively a dollar borrowed is paid back in full with 60-70 cents.
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/usd/8213-dollar-to-decline-in-2018-says-investment-bank-in-latest-full-year-forecasts

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/usd/8428-deutsche-bank-shoots-down-us-dollar-myths-and-reiterates-bearish-call

The downside is three to five years from now foreigners are buying up US assets on the cheap. Foreigners like the Germans, the Chinese who save and invest. Rather than borrow and spend.

The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year. Thanks, Trump.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/03/the-u-s-government-is-set-to-borrow-nearly-1-trillion-this-year/?utm_term=.4f85386a393b

US House Speaker Paul Ryan deletes $1.50 tax cut gain tweet
US House speaker Paul Ryan has come under fire after citing a school worker who was $1.50 (£1) a week better off because of recent tax cuts.

Mr Ryan deleted a tweet about a school secretary who, he said, was "pleasantly surprised" by the increase....

Mr Ryan, the most senior Republican in the US House of Representatives, had tweeted a link to a report by the Associated Press in which Julia Ketchum, a secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, said she would be $78 a year better off, which she said would more than cover her annual membership for the wholesale outlet Costco."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42934772

Trump and his family could save more than $1 billion under House tax bill
President Donald Trump has insisted, for months, that the Republican tax plan he supports won’t benefit him.

“It’s not good for me. Believe me,” he said at a Sept. 27 event in Indiana to sell the plan. “My plan is for the working people, and my plan is for jobs. I don’t benefit,” he also said that day.

And earlier this month, according to NBC News, Trump told a group of Democratic senators in a phone call, "My accountant called me and said 'you're going to get killed in this bill.’”

In fact, Trump and his heirs potentially could save more than $1 billion overall under the GOP tax proposal that the House of Representatives passed Thursday, with most of that amount coming from a repeal of the estate tax, according to an analysis NBC News commissioned of Trump’s one known 2005 tax return and his estimated net worth. "
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-his-family-could-save-more-1-billion-under-house-n821491

Ryan: "A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, PA, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week… she said [that] will more than cover her Costco membership for the year.”

My favorite reply:

"Charles, a Koch brother in Wichita, said he was pleasantly surprised that his pay went up $26,923,076 a week... he said that will more than cover the cost of buying several more Paul Ryans."