DJL

Nunes memo confirms that Papadopoulos, not Steele Dossier, triggers the Russia Investigation

My guess is that it's the next nothingburger.

Those who think Trump is a lying conman will probably have more proof that he's dodgy, but nothing substantial enough to LOCK HIM UP or impeach him, whereas Trump supporters simply won't believe the reports and will claim it's a conspiracy from within the deep-state-controlled FBI.

wolfriverjoe

***OK, but if Page provided information against Burykov in March 2016 (when Burykov pled guilty) then why were they seeking a FISA warrant to surveil him in October 2016? Something seems funny about the timeline.

Don

That's actually addressed in the "twitter cascade" that Normiss linked.

Maybe they didn't trust him, maybe they wanted to double check his info, maybe a variety of things.

Was he an FBI informant from the beginning? Was he originally working for the Russians and the FBI 'turned' him?

It's waaaaay too early to draw any real conclusions.

But it's been the 'year of the anonymous source' since Trump took office.
For a variety of reasons, the Trump White House has more leaks than any previous administration in memory.

And most of what's been reported has turned out to be accurate.

If these reports are accurate (and that is yet to be seen), then one of Trump's inner circle during the campaign was informing on him from the beginning.

Could prove to be very damaging.

Or it could be a "nothing burger."
The next couple of weeks may be very interesting.

If true the only thing of significance would be if he wore a wire. Everyone around trump, including trump, is a liar. It appears as if Mueller has interviewed everyone and trump couldn't keep his big yapper shut if his life depended on it.

Other than:
Why Carter Page Was Worth Watching
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/03/carter-page-nunes-memo-216934

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GREAT READ

normiss

Nunes now admits that the FBI did mention Steele’s political views—so the core allegation of misconduct in the memo, that the FBI misled a judge to get the warrant, is incorrect.

I was wondering about the claim that Steele said he was committed to opposing Trump - if he had that mindset going in it's one thing, but if he came to that conclusion as a result of researching the dossier then surely it strengthens the credibilty of the document, right? :P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Admittedly, I have seen a change in their coverage over the past six months. I couldn't handle the Wheeler and Ledger segments - while listed as "opinion" segments - disagreed with the noise.

Within the past month, I have turned off cable and am trying to do a better job of finding a more middle unbiased approach. OAN was a breath of fresh air - I guess those days are over. :(

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

normiss

Nunes now admits that the FBI did mention Steele’s political views—so the core allegation of misconduct in the memo, that the FBI misled a judge to get the warrant, is incorrect.

Yes, but only in a footnote. Nobody could be expected to read a footnote. Those things aren't really important are they? Can't expect a judge to read any of that stuff.

Have you seen read or heard about the new Senate intelligence committee memo released today?

I think maybe you better take a peek!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

tonyhays

Hannity counterpoints? No, I think you need to verify your sources.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Have you seen read or heard about the new Senate intelligence committee memo released today?

I think maybe you better take a peek!

It isn't new. That criminal referral to the FBI has been around for a while.

Just because Hannity calls it memo 2.0 doesn't make it true. Actually that is a pretty good indication it is false.

SkyDekker

The only fact here is a letter of request (LoR) from Elijah Cummings to long-time foe Trey Gowdy requesting a transcript be provided when the Dems interview the witness. That's all.

Look, I'm all for getting at the truth and as Trey Gowdy says, "Not for or against the Republicans or Democrats; but for our country."

But, this evidence you present is nothing more than a LoR at this time (read it) - yes, there's a sprinkling of information in the letter to assert Trey Gowdy to grant the transcript - but let's see where this goes.

EDIT: cause me spelling sucks in the morning.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

The only fact here is a letter of request (LoR) from Elijah Cummings to long-time foe Trey Gowdy requesting a transcript be provided when the Dems interview the witness. That's all.

But what's in the letter?

According to these senior Justice Department officials:

· Career attorneys initially planned to build their case against Mikerin based on evidence provided by this individual. However, they began to have “serious credibility concerns” because of “inconsistencies” between the individual’s statements and documents they obtained as part of the investigation.

· After interviewing the individual and reviewing the documents they had obtained, prosecutors determined that there was a “high chance” that he had begun engaging in illegal activity earlier than he initially disclosed—and that he had concealed those actions from the FBI.

· As a result, Justice Department officials working the case began to have “serious concerns” with using the individual as a witness. They “assessed” that the individual “would not present as a good witness” and “did not want to rely on him at trial.”

· Because Justice Department officials could not trust this individual, they decided instead to pursue alternate charges against Mikerin that would not rely on his testimony.

· Justice Department officials said it was a “godsend” that they had another avenue to charge Mikerin that relied on evidence other than this individual’s testimony. Mikerin ultimately was sentenced to 48 months in prison in 2015 for money laundering and violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

· Justice Department officials confirmed that they do not plan to use the testimony of this individual in any future prosecution.

· Most importantly, Justice Department officials explained that this individual never provided any evidence or made any allegations regarding Secretary Clinton or the Clinton Foundation in any of their interactions with him.

· They stated unequivocally: “at no point did [the individual] provide any allegation of corruption, illegality, or impropriety on Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, President Clinton, the Uranium One deal, or CFIUS.” They also confirmed that there were “no allegations of impropriety or illegality” regarding Secretary Clinton in any of the documents they reviewed.

The republicans have been using this individual to advance political rhetoric against the democrats and for the republicans, despite the fact he was considered so unreliable that the justice dept felt using his testimony would undermine the credibility of the case they were prosecuting.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

Hannity counterpoints? No, I think you need to verify your sources.

There have been posts here again and again. Lambasting you and Ron for any number of reasons. What those posters miss and what you bring of value to these forums. Is the value of positive reinforcement as to the effectiveness of Fox, Hannity, trump and his band of misfits.

The positive reinforcement that a Hannity monologue, a trump statement of lies repeated by MSM 50-100 times after the lies were originally made. How those statements and ideas adhere to malleable minds.

SkyDekker

***Nunes now admits that the FBI did mention Steele’s political views—so the core allegation of misconduct in the memo, that the FBI misled a judge to get the warrant, is incorrect.

Yes, but only in a footnote. Nobody could be expected to read a footnote. Those things aren't really important are they? Can't expect a judge to read any of that stuff.

Not to mention that later FISA warrants were granted under Trump appointees when everyone knew exactly what the Steele Dossier was. Carter Page may have been waiving a flag that he was trying to cozy promote himself as a willing voice for Russian interests in US affairs. That doesn't inherently make what he was doing bad, it's called diplomacy but the way he was doing it raised many many eyebrows.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/03/carter-page-nunes-memo-216934
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher