jclalor

Trumps Memorial Day Tweet

NewGuy2005

***And if you use the code REMEMBER, Donald will give you 25% off in the store!!

I don't follow him on Twitter any more. That was a hoax, right?

Checked out by Snopes and no, not a hoax.....

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/05/28/maga-memorial-day-sale/
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

DanG

I agree that the tweet bragging about his accomplishments was inappropriate.

The tweet hawking his Chinese made wares was beyond the pale.

Could have been worse.

He could have bragged about how he was a brave soldier avoiding sexually transmitted diseases in his "personal Vietnam".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

The only way to truly observe the day is to attend a ceremony. After that, what matters?
?l

I kinda agree with you on this one, Ron - at least as far as how you celebrate the day.

Using it as advertising or to aggrandize yoyrself is pretty distasteful though IMO. It’s one of the few days in our calandar that is definitely NOT about you unless you served.

I’m surprized that you, as a veteran, don’t see that.

yoink

The only way to truly observe the day is to attend a ceremony. After that, what matters?
?l

I kinda agree with you on this one, Ron - at least as far as how you celebrate the day.

Using it as advertising or to aggrandize yoyrself is pretty distasteful though IMO. It’s one of the few days in our calandar that is definitely NOT about you unless you served.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see." - John Heywood, 1546

yoink

?l

Home Depot only offers a 10% discount to veterans on holidays. I believe Memorial Day is one of them.

A friend of mine, Vietnam Marine vet, used to say in February, "This is what we fought for boys. So your mom could have new sheets."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Bob_Church

... Anything he says is going to sound bad coming from him and his background...

I think that anything he says is going to be closely scrutinized.

But there are/were a lot of things he could have said that wouldn't 'sound bad'.

But he chose to issue two statements. One a blatant commercial advertisement. The other was a statement that pretended that dead vets would approve of his job performance.

NEITHER of them offered thanks for the sacrifice those vets made.
NEITHER of them offered condolences to the friends and families of the dead vets.
NEITHER of them was in any way respectful or grateful.

They were all about him and him making money.

Which are the only two things he cares about.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Let's not make this into more than it actually is. It was not a tweet offering a sale on Memorial day. It was a post on his authorized FB page made by the people who run the store. There is no way to know if the POTUS approved it.

On Memorial Day weekend of 2018, many Americans were pleased or dismayed (or somewhere in between) that the online shop associated with the Donald J. Trump for President web site and the Trump Make America Great Again Committee had posted an advertisement to the verified Donald J. Trump Facebook page touting an “In honor of Memorial Day, we’re doing 25% off all #MAGA gear!” sale in conjunction with the promotional code REMEMBER:

Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>Let's not make this into more than it actually is. It was not a tweet offering a sale on Memorial
>day. It was a post on his authorized FB page made by the people who run the store.

And had it come from the store account - and not the account that the White House uses for its official statements - then it would not have been as big a deal.

FWIW, none of my Vietnam vet buddies thought it was a big deal. There was more talk castigating Rosanne Barr's lack of good taste. And, they hate Valarie Jarrett and Obama. Go figure.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

FWIW, none of my Vietnam vet buddies thought it was a big deal. There was more talk castigating Rosanne Barr's lack of good taste. And, they hate Valarie Jarrett and Obama. Go figure.

The talk was probably about her lack of good judgment that made her true beliefs Known. I find it highly unlikely the crowd you run with would find her tweet lacking good taste.

wolfriverjoe

***... Anything he says is going to sound bad coming from him and his background...

I think that anything he says is going to be closely scrutinized.

But there are/were a lot of things he could have said that wouldn't 'sound bad'.

But he chose to issue two statements. One a blatant commercial advertisement. The other was a statement that pretended that dead vets would approve of his job performance.

NEITHER of them offered thanks for the sacrifice those vets made.
NEITHER of them offered condolences to the friends and families of the dead vets.
NEITHER of them was in any way respectful or grateful.

They were all about him and him making money.

Which are the only two things he cares about.

He was going to lose either way, but then he went Lose Bigley!

billvon

>There was more talk castigating Rosanne Barr's lack of good taste.

Give them a week. Trump is starting to support her against ABC, so you and your buddies will start to find her comments more acceptable in a few days.

Can you ask Dr. Amy whether racism is a side effect of taking Ambien?

kallend

***>There was more talk castigating Rosanne Barr's lack of good taste.

Give them a week. Trump is starting to support her against ABC, so you and your buddies will start to find her comments more acceptable in a few days.

Can you ask Dr. Amy whether racism is a side effect of taking Ambien?

The question has come up.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/30/health/ambien-roseanne-barr-racist-tweets-bn/index.html

Ambien maker Sanofi: 'Racism is not a known side effect'

RonD1120

So why do they hate Jarrett?

Do they even know who she is and what she has done?

And I really have to laugh at THIS

Trump weighs in on the Barr/Jarrett situation. No comment on Barr's insults.

He whines and cries that ABC apologized to Jarrett, yet hasn't apologized to him for all the 'horrible' things that are said about him.

Just like the Memorial Day statements.

It's all about him.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Yeah, they know.

vj standford77.PNG

RonD1120

Yeah, they know.

No, they don't. That's a fabrication.

If nothing else didn't the syntax give it away? A Stanford psychology student saying she is "A Iranian"? It's pathetic, laughably transparent falsehood. Yet you fell for it like you fall for everything else. Don't you get tired of having the wool pulled over your eyes?

Still waiting for photos of those roadblocks, by the way:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Yeah, they know.

Ron, you and your friends need to be more careful about believing those sources. That story is an outright lie. It is not even a little truthful. She is not even Muslim. And her name was not Jarrett in 1977. Her maiden name was Bowman.

Really, you seriously need to inform yourself better.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/make-america-more-islamic-quote/

gowlerk

Yeah, they know.

Ron, you and your friends need to be more careful about believing those sources. That story is an outright lie. It is not even a little truthful. She is not even Muslim. And her name was not Jarrett in 1977. Her maiden name was Bowman.

Ron has no desire to seek the truth, Snopes was built on folks like Ron. The simple truth of the matter is that Ron’s desire to believe is greater than his desire to know.

gowlerk

Yeah, they know.

It's like trump tweets, statements, speeches, etc. why bother? There is not a scintilla thats truthful.