D_22359

Re: [Lastchance] Multiple Fatalitys In Montana

I spent last summer jumping at LP, couldn't find a better crew. Joel and David really made me feel welcome, were always cheerful and always fun. You guys will be sorely missed.

Take care everyone up there, thoughts are with you during this hard time.

dan

Joel....buddy...guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer to get that jump in. You were one of the first LP locals I met at the boogie last year and we kept talking about how we had to make a jump together. Between your tandem's and us just missing each other on the sunset load we never quite made it. It was great seeing you in Byron last year. And we STILL didn't get that jump in. You are a class act and just a fantastic human being. Say hi to Tommy for me.

My heart is heavy. Condolences to all of the families involved.

Sending lots of Byron Love to you all over at LP.

:(

Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Dear Friends,

We want to pass on the planned funeral services for Joel Atkinson and David Landeck. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Joel's services will be held on Thursday, May 17th, 2:00pm, at Glacier church, 690 Grandview Drive, Kalispell.

David's services are tentatively scheduled for 10:00 am in Missoula on Friday, May 18th at the Rose Garden, which is off of Reserve Street near the Guard Armory. I don't have more particulars on the location, but as before, I will post it when I find it.

A date for Joel's memorial jump has not been planned, yet, so please continue to watch this thread for more information. I would expect it to be during the boogie. I'll be sure to tell you anything I can.

David's memorial jump will most likely be this Saturday, during our Caravan Boogie.

We appreciate all of your love and support during this time.

Lena
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

fred, lenny mikey and lena
I hope you are all staying strong, what a tragedy. My prayers and thoughts are with every one in the prairie. Joel, dave and the rest of the crew will be sorely missed.
Joel, my first true friend in skydiving caring, funny and spontaneous although we never got to make that jump we planned all those night last summer, someday..
I hope you all stay strong, my condolences to the families of the lost,
Fred or mikey, Want' you to know I will be their for the boogie anything you need at all do not hesitate to ask, anything at all. I know i might not be able to do allot because of my inexperience but please keep in mind. I hope you all stay strong through these rough times[:/]
B.S.B.D
Adam

the big dirty

I have been having a hard time even finding the words to post here. My condolences to all the families.

If there is anything I can do to help out up at the Prairie please let me know.

:(:(:(

“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I didn't know Dave, and am sad that I missed the opportunity to know someone who sounds so great.
I did know Joel, well. I meet him on my first trip to LP, and the boy was a hoot! He loved to laugh, loved more to help others enjoy life. He climbed the rafters to sing, and dared me to do so, and get a few other girls to as well! later that night. We did, and we had a blast laughing about it with him! Last year his mom was there, and the love they shared with eachother was palable.
Joel came to NorCal for the Byron Boogie last year. He brought a little of much needed LP love with him, and left promising to return this year. lol, He even made a first time jumpers night a true success in his own way, being a gentleman and having fun but keeping us both safe during the drinking that night! She and I miss you terribly. (Who will be my rider for the beer race this year?) We all will miss you, and will raise a beer for you on the numbers Joel.

I recently saw a sign that said to 'Live life like it's a two minute warning.' Of course there are the funny turns to it, but here and now, with so much loss recenetly, I can't help but think on it and realize that we should never say, yeah, we need to do that one of these days. We might not have another day ahead of us, with eachother. Stay safe my friends.

Edited for corrections

Fear not death. Fear instead the unlived life.

Hey guys,
It has been brought to my attention that the Rose Garden is actually off of Brooks, not Reserve, so keep an eye on this thread. I have a friend getting a map, I'll post the link when it arrives.

Lena

Hopefully I got the right locations from MapQuest.

Glacier Church, Kalispell, MT:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=Glacier+church&address=690+Grandview+Drive&city=Kalispell&state=MT&zipcode=

Memorial Rose Garden, Missoula, MT:

I have PDFs, but they are too large to post here.

Edited to remove incorrect link.
Packin' Jack
42nd Lost Prairie: The Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Skydiving
25 Jul - 3 Aug 2009
2007 photos: http://www.skydive.com/prairie/pages/prairie.htm

Dear Friends,

I am so very sorry, there has been quite a bit of confusion. There are apparently 2 places known as the Rose Garden in Missoula. The directions Jack posted are the INCORRECT one. David's wife will get the right directions to me on Wednesday. If there is any question, call me when enroute 406.249-1838

I also want to say something.

I have ran into or spoken to so many skydivers recently. Most say they knew Joel, but didn't really know David. That breaks my heart. He was such a wonderful person, and I wish you all could have known him. I don't know why, but for some reason, he and I became very close friends, like siblings, almost immediately. My husband and I have always been close to David and his wife, and have spent many evenings at dinner with them, or days in freefall with David. Last year, he took my brother for a tandem during the boogie. In fact, David took me for a tandem, as I was the first experienced jumper he ever took. He had a warm smile, and a quiet demeanor. He was full of love and could really make me laugh. I have so many incredible memories of him, and my favorite might just be when he came in the hangar after becoming my first "Save." He had cut away over the reservoir, and had to land crosswind on a dirt road a couple hundred feet above the dropzone altitude. Once he returned, he came in the hangar and said, "Lena, have you had a save, yet?" and I said, "no." He smiled and said, "then I was your first." He gave me such a big hug that I'll never forget.

So, for those of you who never knew him, I am truly sorry. Both Joel and David have been a huge influence in my skydiving life since the beginning, and I'll never forget the hugs, smiles, and lattes (they both brought them to me for saves.)

David, I love you.

Joel, I love you, too, and I can't believe you jumped into the city airport naked without me.

Amazon, here's the pic you requested.

Joel and David are some of the two closeest friends i've had in skydiving. I was blessed to spend a couple of years of my life sharing 24 hours a day with Joel. He was my best friend. I fell in love with him while I was falling in love with skydiving.....I am so thankful to have shared so many beautiful moments with such a special soul. I watched Joel touch so many lives and inspire so many wonderful people to pursure skydiving. He was a walking billboard for skydive lost prairie and for the sport as a whole. The pain that I feel for this loss is beyond words and just still does not feel like it can be real.
Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support I could not get through this without it.
I Love you David, thanks for the text the other day I'll miss you bro
Joel, I love you with all my heart and yes...I remember

Lena,

I contacted another one of our early crew Jeff Miller He will be arriving friday night to be here for saturdays event...

I also contacted a few others they were saddened and sent love and respect for David...

I am truly honored to have spent the time I did with David...like our trip to nogales because it was raingin in eloy or flailing around in the sky in perris and taft...getting lost in LA...praying for him while he was in iraq hoping beyond hope that he would come home...

I will miss Dave a lot for sure...

See you tomorrow Lost Prairie...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm at a loss what to say - I've been thinking about it for a couple days and still can't express what I'm feeling. Skydiving has lost two incredible people, and I was very lucky to have met them.

To everyone at LP - you are in my heart and thoughts. Chandoline - take care, I really wish I could give you a big hug right now.

BSBD

It has taken me a few days to really come to grips with this tradgedy. My heart and feelings go out to all family and friends of all involved. As Lena has said, alot of people knew Joel but did not know David. I am in that catagory. I'm not sure that I ever met David but I sure wish that I had. Also I had not had the chance to meet Troy. I did however know Joel. I will forever miss his big smile and his wonderful uplifting attitude. On March 4th of this year we were at the Prairie doing some jumps in the snow. At the end of the day Joel needed to do a recurrancy tandem jump and asked me if I would be his passenger. I feel lucky and honored that he asked me to go on that jump with him. It was a whole new experience having had 140 jumps since my beginning tandems. I will miss him incredibly up there. Blue Skies my friend. I will see you again someday. Clint

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.