D_22359

Re: [Lastchance] Multiple Fatalitys In Montana

My heart goes out to you Chandolyn (sorry if I mis-spelled.) I am sorely going to miss seeing and hanging out with Joel during the boogie. He really was a banner for LP and for the sport and did a damn fine job of demonstrating just what is so great about what we do and who we are.

This is just unreal. I was looking forward to seeing him, you, Mikey, Lena, Fred, Lenni, Amy, Ty, and the rest of the LP crew for the 40th. It is just not going to be as it should have been. We'll obviously try, but there will be a huge void. Scanning the faces at the bonfire, i'll still be looking for his smiling mug there. Always good to see him and always good conversations. Not to mention, singing "Two Osprey Jumpers" as a duet, something I will never forget. This is just too fucking much.

All my love and hugs to you as this must be so much for you. I'll give you a hug at the bonfire when I see you there. Until then, you have a brother in California who is thinking of you all up there.

Cya soon,

Lost Paulie

Lost prairie. 5 fatalities. Pilot, 2 tandem masters. and 2 tandems. The 182 crashed shortly after take off. This is all the info that I have.

Fred and Lenny,

It is with saddest of hearts and deepest of condolences that I wright this. Nothing I say can replace the loss you have suffered today.

If theirs anything I personally can do, I want you both to know that I am willing to help in any way I possibaly can. If you need any help in any way I am willing and will make myself avalible.

To the friends and families of those we lost today I express my most heart felt condolences and while it may not comfort you today PLEASE keep in mind that they died today trying to share with others a sport they truly loved and enjoyed.

B.S.B.D.

Bill

Sorry for the crappy spelling...I've already had 5 shot's for those we lost today

Just got home from fiji to this news.......our thoughts and prayers are with those who were friends and family. Although I personally did not know any of the victims......I am still saddened as I did jump at prairie last year and am headed back this year for the boogie. Blue Skies.......:(:(:(:(
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Amazon wrote, "Someone HAS to have a picture of him up in the rafters on Cocks night singing us all a song."

What a great couple of guys, the last two years we have spent the whole year talking about the previous and looking forward to our next visit to LP.

Joel was the first staff who went out of their way to welcome us the first year we went. He never failed to smile or stop to chat no matter how busy he was, what a sweetie. My husband Jim did his first tandem there that year on the same skyvan load as Joel had the TSN guy. That guy looked like he would pass out, Joel was so great at calming and distracting him with his fantastic humour. Jim said he wasn't near nervous watching how ill this guy looked.

Last year an enormous fresh cow pie jumped up and attacked me. Joel walked by as I deperately tried to wash my rig, canopy, and brand new jumpsuit. He shook his head and took pity on me. I had asked anyone I could find for laundry soap, Joel got me soap, a bucket, and a scrub brush too. I would never have got all that crap out if he hadn't helped me.

Joel's smile, laugh, and extremely friendly manner meant any of us who met him felt like we were instant friends.
I only wish I had known David as well. Lena and Fred and all who knew him loved him and my heart aches for the loss this community and their families are feeling. Their lives will continue to be celebrated.

Shannon

A letter I submitted for inclusion in the Daily Interlake (Kalispell paper). It is as much to you all as anyone else (if not more...) Thanks for the love...

Dear Friends, Extended Family, and the Community of the Flathead Valley,
We at Skydive Lost Prairie wish to extend to you our most sincere thanks and appreciation for the tremendous outpouring of support and sympathy following the tragic events of May 12th. The phone calls, cards, flowers, e-mails, and visits have demonstrated to us how incredible the people of this valley truly are, and we feel blessed to have you in our lives. We further appreciate how you have embraced the families of those involved through your respect and gracious welcoming. There is no better place for us to operate our business.
We have resumed operations, and welcome you to come out anytime and enjoy the blue skies with us. Throughout the summer, we will continue to add flowers to a memorial garden we have started to honor our friends. And, we hope to keep those lost alive in our hearts through our continuation of flying free over Lost Prairie and Kalispell City Airport.
So, again, thank you. When you see us under parachutes flying through the sky, know that you are the reason why we have been able to make it through the past five weeks.
Fred and Lenni Sand
Mikey and Lena Morrill
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

Hey all,

Found a picture I took last year at the boogie. This year is going to be very tough. Joel was the first person I met up at lost prairie and he was responsible for the immediate warm and friendly vibe I got about LP. The road trip from Byron was with Tommy D. This all still hurts so much.

Peace and Blue Skies my friends,

Marcel

PS. I have a much better quality picture if anyone is interested. I had to get this under 100 kb. I also had to crop it a bit.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Hello all:

Please bring any and all photos and/or videos (and stories) that you have of Mac McIsaac, Joel, and David. Also, any memories of Monty Huntington (formerly from Minnesota) would be great. He passed away in a work related accident in May. If you can't make it to the Boogie, send the photos and we will display them.

Fred
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

Hi Jack, I hope you will be at Lost Prairie for the Boogie. Don' t know if you got my other post, but wanted to greet you today as Joel loved the 4th so much and would like to have been in touch with his buddies on this day.
I have printed the kind words you said about Joel and David. yes, they were the glue at LP and I can tell you that as his Mom it was exciting, dynamic and thrilling each time I saw the growth in Joel's skills while fun jumping & doing tandems, along with the pure joy he had for diving. Tho the pain is excruciatingly deep, I simply have no regrets.
August 4 would have been Joel's 26 birthday and we'll Jump for Joel and fly his ashes over the prairie he loved so very much. Hope you can join us. Joels Mom
Dropzone observer since August 5, 1999 when my son Joel Atkinson first jumped at Lost Prairie for his 18th birthday.

Hi Jack, I appreciated your words of condolence so much. Thank you.

I'm hoping you will take time to say hi when you get to LP. I'll be working there as a volunteer during the Boogie, and may have mentioned in a previous post that we'll be having a celebration of life on Joel's 26th birthday remembrance, August 4. CU there! Gail
Joel's Mom
Dropzone observer since August 5, 1999 when my son Joel Atkinson first jumped at Lost Prairie for his 18th birthday.

Hi, I would love the better quality photo, if you could make it available to me. I'll be at the Boogie (volunteer worker) but it could also be sent if that would work best for you. Just say the word, and thanks. Gail Linne, Joel's Mom

The posts I read at dropzone.com comfort me in so many ways. I appreciate and thank you for your kind words of condolence and hope we can connect this summer at the Prairie!
Sincerely,
Joel's Mom Gail

Hey guys...

Serious inquiries only: please reply to my email address: [email protected]

I am taking requests for special Memorial Edition labeled bottles of Skydiver Blonde beer (www.langcreekbrewery.com) and t-shirts to be picked up at the 40th Annual Skydive Lost Prairie Boogie. If you are a friend/family of our friends, and interested in either shirts or beer, please write to me asap with your size and request (t-shirt size, dirty minded boys) ;)

Thanks, love you guys, see you soon!
Lena :)
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com