bbarnhouse

Dr. Kenny Condolences

We lost one of our Arizona Homegrowns yesterday. Dr. Kenny as everyone called him was one hell of skydiver and a good friend.
He will be missed by this community.
My heart bleeds for his wife and family.
For those that knew him, please post your memories here.
It will all be given to the family.
We will also post funeral/memorial information here.
incident

LOVE like its your last day.

We lost one of our Arizona Homegrowns yesterday. Dr. Kenny as everyone called him was one hell of skydiver and a good friend.
He will be missed by this community.
My heart bleeds for his wife and family.
For those that knew him, please post your memories here.
It will all be given to the family.
We will also post funeral/memorial information here.
incident

LOVE like its your last day.

I've known his wife Karen since she was on AFF. I saw both of them this Christmas, and with a new kid on the way, she looked happy and content, and so did he. This is just horrible. We'll need to be there for her for a long time....

It just doesn't seem fair. I talked with Karen when she jumped before they had their first little one, and they used to joke around about the marriage subject. What a wonderful couple. Just a few weeks ago I saw Dr. Kenny landing and hopping it out, and when I took a closer look he had lost his shoe in freefall. He just shrugged it off and within 5 minutes I saw him carrying around someone's shoes (or a spare he had hidden somewhere). Very fun loving guy and it saddens me that his children won't be able to see in person what a fun guy their papa is. Karen my heart goes out to you, and I hope you know that you have a huge community that cares about you and is here for you if you need anything.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

I only met Kenny a couple times, one of those at their wedding. Like Gareth, I've known Karen since she started jumping.
This is truly horrible, again.

Karen: Melissa called me after you called her. Talking to Steph, words cannot begin to describe our feelings. For now, I just don't know what to say. Steph and I will send you an email.

Kenny plays with TimmyD, JohnnyLuv, and all the rest of our departed friends now.

If there is anything Steph, Kira and I can do, please ask.

Peter

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

I just saw Karen and Kenny and met their little daughter at Christmas up in NorCal. Dear Karen, i am so sad to hear about your terrible loss. My heart and condolences goes out to you, and the entire family & community of skydivers who are grieving. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------------------------------------
"Well, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripe, curtains at the windows, wheels, and it just looks like a big Tylenol!"

Karen....

.....we are here. Anywhere. Anytime. Anything.

And I mean that most literally.

Kenny. I'm glad I got to see you a couple of weeks ago. And indeed our little girls will get together and play in the near future. And yes, it is funny how our lives turned out. And damn it. I just didn't know that was going to be the last hug I got from you. But it was a good one. Your hugs always were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I have tried to attach Karen and Kenny's wedding photo. It is 112kb and exceeds the sites maximum attachment size. If you would like I can try to e-mail it directly to you. I have known Karen for over 20 years. I am glad that she will have such a supportive group of friends to see her through this tragedy.
Samantha

A deep breath, I can't believe it, one second it's a normal week day at the DZ, the next second one of the very best leaves us. My sincere condolences to Dr Kenny's family and to Homegrown his local extended family. I guess the funky chicken will never taste the same.

Rest in peace.

Benjamin

I'm in shock.

Eloy is my second home DZ, and I remember many times Kenny coming through the hangar, always smiling.

He's flying high, now.

Everyone at Eloy is in my thoughts, Karen most of all.

Andi
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Funeral Services for Dr. Kenny Cosgrove

Sunday, February 20, 2005 at 3:30 PM

Address: 401 N Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 945-2654

Burial will take place at sunset at the cemetery.

Family has requested that anyone that wishes to
place any piece of memorabilia in the burial site is
welcome to do so.