fasted3

Is Trump Evil?

I voted yes. But I do not feel he is completely evil. If there is any such thing. I really believe that he has tendencies toward do selfish things, and that leads him to do evil acts. Evil is as evil does.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I voted yes. But I do not feel he is completely evil. If there is any such thing. I really believe that he has tendencies toward do selfish things, and that leads him to do evil acts. Evil is as evil does.

That's the best way of putting it. Taking actions without regard to how it affects others is evil.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

He's a tool. To me, evil is more deliberate than he's capable of being. Sometimes he listens to the little head (only his isn't his dick), and sometimes to the big one.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yoink

I don't think so.

I think evil is enjoying the deliberate harm you're doing.

I'd say not caring about the harm you're doing is pretty fuckin' evil.

This is my problem with Ayn Rand's philosophy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

yoink

Hitler was evil. That's my yardstick.

Trump isn't there yet.

Two children are on a playground. One comes from a family of millionaires and another lives in poverty. The rich kid, who can afford all the candy he wants, takes the single piece of candy the impoverished kid has, further, he sells it to a third kid for above market value.

I dunno, to me that's pretty fuckin' evil.
quade -

>I'd say not caring about the harm you're doing is pretty fuckin' evil.

But there's a difference between not caring about the harm you are doing and not knowing about the harm you are doing. Keep in mind this is someone who thinks that hairspray stays in your apartment, so CFC's dont affect the ozone layer. In cases like that, Hanlon's Razor applies.

>The rich kid, who can afford all the candy he wants, takes the single piece of
>candy the impoverished kid has, further, he sells it to a third kid for above market
>value. I dunno, to me that's pretty fuckin' evil.

Not if the rich kid honestly thinks "well, anyone can get as much as they want. I mean, come on - it's cheap candy."

yoink

I don't think so.

I think he's an idiot, but that's something else.

I think trump gets enjoyment from inflicting harm on anyone that crosses him, to the point that he does it even to his own disadvantage.
He is quite clear about how he feels about this: Let no slight go unpunished.
This core belief drives him to do idiotic things, granted.

quade

***I don't think so.

"Evil, Complete Evil, More Evil..."

A lot of discussions are about defining words; certainly this one.

Well, doing harm and enjoying it is worse than doing it either by not noticing it, or constructing a reality where it's not harmful at all.
The article I quoted states that an evil person is one that: "has no sense of morality whatsoever. That, you might say, is itself a measure of evil: the simple absence of a moral compass, the inability to value anything except power."

The values they ignore being: "compassion, justice, love, curiosity about others and the world around them."

Like I said, she's a philosopher. This part was easier to grasp:

"In the end, what matters in determining evil is not the state of one’s soul, but the effects our actions have on the world we live in -- which is why having good intentions but not significantly acting on them is never enough. And here it is just unquestionable that what Donald Trump has done is evil. We all have our lists of least-favorite things he has done so far (though, mercifully, he hasn’t achieved as much as he would like). But what is absolutely clear is that Trump has made open and violent racism acceptable. Perhaps even worse, I fear, is that he has made it acceptable not to have values at all -- except grasping for power and money. I worry about the effect his example will have on young people who are already uncertain about whether or not any value but power and money is real. Unfortunately, so much in the culture tells us that we should be embarrassed to believe in ideals of goodness, justice and mercy."

Good vs Evil = Love vs Hate

Freedom of choice. The haters are making a lot of noise these days.
Lord Cheeto has thrown down the gauntlet. He thinks he has an army. He's got the weapons for sure. Is he going to win?

I don't think so. The problem with wars these days is that nobody wins.
But what do I know?

He's selfish to the point of narcissism.
He clearly has no concern for anyone or anything else.

He's a sexual predator.

He will say or do anything to get what he wants.

He will change his story as he sees fit, and claim he never said something, despite proof.

He cheats and cons his employees, customers, contractors and investors. When the law starts closing in, he pays bribes.

He's a racist. He pretty clearly courted the "White Supremacist" crowd during the election.

He has most likely conspired with Russia to win the election. He has likely laundered a lot of money for the Russian mob.

Most importantly, he has the money & power to get away with all of this.
Any 'ordinary person' would be in prison for what he's done.

Before, when he was 'just' a really rich guy, he didn't have the ability to really cause problems.

Now that he's president, he can really screw over the entire world.

And would likely do so if he thought he could profit from it.
Or if he thought he'd look bad.
Or just because he wanted to.

Is this "Hitler" evil (or Stalin or Pol Pot ect)?
No.

But it definitely falls into the "evil" realm.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

fasted3

there is a bunch of loonies out there that are told to think this..........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

quade

***I don't think so.

what harm?

The only harm I see being done is by the insane left Trump haters.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

what harm?

Throwing literally millions of people's lives into chaos for a questionable political gain?

Yeah, sure, what harm is there in telling a little girl she and her family may be broken apart.

/eyeroll

Yeah, what harm is there is making parents literally fear for the lives of their children because healthcare may be denied to them?

What harm is there in promoting violence against journalists?

What harm is there in denying rights to people just because they want to practice a different religion, or have different color skin, or love a different person than you would have?

Geebus H. Fucking Keyrist.
quade -

32 Billion of US aircraft sales are now at risk of being canceled if the US cancels the Iran nuclear deal. I am sure that Boeing and Airbus can just magically found someone else to step up and buy 200+ aircraft and keep their employees employed once those contracts get canceled . Boeing puts the number of direct and indirect jobs at 100,000 that are at risk if the deal is scrapped. Those are not min wage jobs but jobs starting at $50k.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi Eric,

Boeing puts the number of direct and indirect jobs at 100,000 that are at risk if the deal is scrapped.

It would be interesting to know just how many of those 100,000 voted for Trump.

'You Reap What You Sow' - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/michael-steele-GOP-reap-sow/2017/08/16/id/807985/

Jerry Baumchen

rushmc

******I don't think so.

what harm?

The only harm I see being done is by the insane left Trump haters.

That's because you choose not to see.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

***what harm?

Throwing literally millions of people's lives into chaos for a questionable political gain?

Yeah, sure, what harm is there in telling a little girl she and her family may be broken apart.

/eyeroll

Yeah, what harm is there is making parents literally fear for the lives of their children because healthcare may be denied to them?

What harm is there in promoting violence against journalists?

What harm is there in denying rights to people just because they want to practice a different religion, or have different color skin, or love a different person than you would have?

Geebus H. Fucking Keyrist.

The lack of common sense and delusion demonstrated in this post is off the charts!

WOW, just fucking WOW!

Not to mention the irony!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

what harm?

Creating driving small companies out of business and creating severe financial hardship for the families that own them by refusing to pay after services were provided.

Collecting charitable donations under false pretences then stealing the money.

Using racist leading practices to deny black people a place to live.

Charging huge fees for a fraudulent 'university' course promoted with blatantly false advertising.

Almost all of the above involving (in isolation) insignificant sums of money for someone as rich as Trump claims to be, but life changing amounts for his victims. Most all con-men are utterly immoral, but a con-man who doesn't even need the money? That's disturbing.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?