2 2
billvon

baskets of deplorables

9 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Maybe it’s because it was CNN reporting their own settlement, and describing the whole scene? They also reported, once it became known, what had been missing from earlier stories, giving Mr Sandmann’s actions a fair look overall.

”Deplorables” won’t consider that they might be wrong, and never change the narrative.

Its comments like these that I refer to:

From another thread::

""I brought this exact point up to my mother after she reposted an article about CNN settling with that little shit head who sued them for $800M.  ""

Why exactly was he a little shit for being set up, falsely demonized, and drug across the coals?

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Its comments like these that I refer to:

From another thread::

""I brought this exact point up to my mother after she reposted an article about CNN settling with that little shit head who sued them for $800M.  ""

Why exactly was he a little shit for being set up, falsely demonized, and drug across the coals?

If comments here and all over right wing media about Greta Thunberg are anything to go by it's because he had the temerity to get involved in grown up business at all.

(edited)
8 hours ago, jakee said:

If comments here and all over right wing media about Greta Thunberg are anything to go by it's because he had the temerity to get involved in grown up business at all.

You mean it's still, somehow, his fault.  He is to blame.

I suppose he made a speech of his own free will.  It must have been this speech that was blasted across the airwaves and edited to tell a completely different story than reality.

With your line of thinking that Sandman has accountability in this . . . it is absolutely your fault that Trump is now President of the United States.

Edited by turtlespeed
Because

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You mean it's still, somehow, his fault.  He is to blame.

I suppose he made a speech of his own free will.  It must have been this speech that was blasted across the airwaves and edited to tell a completely different story than reality.

With your line of thinking that Sandman has accountability in this . . . it is absolutely your fault that Trump is now President of the United States.

You sound very confused. Being a victim of misleading coverage doesn't mean he must be a nice guy. If someone think he's a little shit it doesn't mean they must think the misleading coverage is his fault.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

You sound very confused. Being a victim of misleading coverage doesn't mean he must be a nice guy. If someone think he's a little shit it doesn't mean they must think the misleading coverage is his fault.

Yeahhhh - Thats what was meant.  I'm SURE of it!!

:handraised:

<Sigh> Still no Eyeroll, or Face Palm.9_9

On 1/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

And, add one more R to the list:  'A US lawmaker is facing investigation for telling a reporter schoolboys "could have a lot of fun" with her.'

Let me guess what his supporters will say:

1) He didn't say it.

2) It was a JOKE!  Jesus, do lefties have no sense of humor?

3) He didn't mean that.  What he really meant was (some other contrived thing.)

4) Obama did it first.

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in Scumbag Politicians - He did say he was going to run for president and beat Trump.

Maybe he still is a better choice . . . <shrug>

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/14/disgraced-lawyer-michael-avenatti-found-guilty-in-nike-extortion-trial.html

Avenatti, Avenatti, he's our man . . . If he can't do it . . .

He might be in prison. 

On 2/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, SkyDekker said:

Not might be, he is currently in jail.

I can think of a scenario in which he might end up being joined by trump...how ironic if they end up as cell mates.

Personally I hope they throw the book at Avenatti.

Your hate for trump once again, forces you to show your single mindedness.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

When a person displays a lifetime of criminal behavior, he's given you more reasons to dislike him than just his personality. Possibly $3 trillion reasons even.

13 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

How so? Trump is clearly a criminal, as much as Avenatti is. The Presidency has both helped his criminality come to light and so far protected him from the consequences of it (re. unindicted co-conspirator). That protection may not last forever.

Nothing about any of those statements is based on hate.

31 minutes ago, jakee said:

How so? Trump is clearly a criminal, as much as Avenatti is. The Presidency has both helped his criminality come to light and so far protected him from the consequences of it (re. unindicted co-conspirator). That protection may not last forever.

Nothing about any of those statements is based on hate.

Yeah - But Clinton was impeached so - he's a criminal too!

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yeah - But Clinton was impeached so - he's a criminal too!

What does that have to do with it? Impeachment isn’t a criminal process.

Clinton probably is a criminal, but not because he was impeached. Trump is definitely a criminal, for many reasons that have nothing to do with impeachment.

2 hours ago, jakee said:

What does that have to do with it? Impeachment isn’t a criminal process.

Clinton probably is a criminal, but not because he was impeached. Trump is definitely a criminal, for many reasons that have nothing to do with impeachment.

Clinton committed the crime of Perjury.

He was found in contempt of court while he was still President and fined $90k.

He admitted that he lied under oath, and as a result paid a $25k fine to the AR Bar Assoc, and surrendered his law licence for 5 years. Those 'penalties' were part of an agreement to avoid criminal charges after he left office. 

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Clinton committed the crime of Perjury.

He was found in contempt of court while he was still President and fined $90k.

He admitted that he lied under oath, and as a result paid a $25k fine to the AR Bar Assoc, and surrendered his law licence for 5 years. Those 'penalties' were part of an agreement to avoid criminal charges after he left office. 

Oh yeah, for some reason I was only thinking about the sexual assault allegations. Ok, Clinton is definitely a criminal.

Um, Turtle - what was your point?

21 hours ago, jakee said:

What does that have to do with it?

Now you are getting it.

I brought up a sleazy criminal lawyer - and Trump was brought up - because - WHY?

Did Trump have anything whatsoever to do with Nike?

Evidently has a deep such a deep seeded residence in the forefront of some posters mind, that it is nearly impossible for them to make a statement other than their hate for him.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Now you are getting it.

I brought up a sleazy criminal lawyer - and Trump was brought up - because - WHY?

Because the Trump lawsuit is the only reason anyone knows who Avenatti is. 

Think about it - why did YOU bring the sleazy lawyer into this thread? Because of his history with Trump, obviously. You even brought up Trump yourself in your own post. How can you possibly get pissy about someone else making the same connection you did?

Did Trump have anything whatsoever to do with Nike?

Evidently has a deep such a deep seeded residence in the forefront of some posters mind, that it is nearly impossible for them to make a statement other than their hate for him.

Nothing to do with Nike, but since you mentioned Trump in your own post anyway then it's irrelevant - SkyDekker was directly responding to something you said.

But you don't have that excuse, so if you're handing out diagnoses then what deep rooted psychological reason caused you to bring up Trump in a post about a situation you claim he had no connecton to?

Edited by jakee

39 minutes ago, jakee said:

Because the Trump lawsuit is the only reason anyone knows who Avenatti is. 

Think about it - why did YOU bring the sleazy lawyer into this thread? Because of his history with Trump, obviously. You even brought up Trump yourself in your own post. How can you possibly get pissy about someone else making the same connection you did?

Nothing to do with Nike, but since you mentioned Trump in your own post anyway then it's irrelevant - SkyDekker was directly responding to something you said.

But you don't have that excuse, so if you're handing out diagnoses then what deep rooted psychological reason caused you to bring up Trump in a post about a situation you claim he had no connecton to?

One might think the term baskets of deplorables was associated with a particular person.

Yet I would expect someone to claim otherwise, while supporting, agreeing, or commenting in kind.