gowlerk

Someone seems to have an issue with the ten commandments

I doubt if anyone in AR is terrorized. This looks like the work of an immature, foolish sinner. An example of adolescent mentality stuck in rebellion.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I doubt if anyone in AR is terrorized. This looks like the work of an immature, foolish sinner. An example of adolescent mentality stuck in rebellion.

And, about as smart as most of the other terrorists!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

Or . . . maybe it's a guy who understands the concept behind the separation of church and state.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but there may be an alternative to your explanation.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

One of my favorite protesters I've ever seen was at an Earth Day one year. He was morbidly obese - one of those guys who needed special stores for his clothing and was a few months away from permanent scooter status. He had a sandwich board on that proclaimed the evils of Obama and all the liberals, and proclaimed that their evil was manifested by their commission of the seven deadly sins, which he listed:

Pride
Covetousness
Lust
Anger
Envy
Sloth

I took a picture of him; I wish I could find it.

billvon

One of my favorite protesters I've ever seen was at an Earth Day one year. He was morbidly obese - one of those guys who needed special stores for his clothing and was a few months away from permanent scooter status. He had a sandwich board on that proclaimed the evils of Obama and all the liberals, and proclaimed that their evil was manifested by their commission of the seven deadly sins, which he listed:

Pride
Covetousness
Lust
Anger
Envy
Sloth

Kinda funny how he picks and chooses which of the real "seven deadly sins" to include on his list. I would equate "covetousness" with envy. So he only has 6.

Which one is he missing?

Hmmm...
normiss

More accurately, someone fed up with the continual abuse of separation of church and state.
God damn religious insanity doesn't belong on government property.
Makes me wonder if they would allow islamic statues there?

I don't know about Islamic, but how about Satanic?

Most courts have found that if one is allowed, all must be allowed.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle about holiday decorations a few years back, here in Wisconsin. While a variety of religious groups were allowed to put up a display in the Capitol rotunda, when the Freedom From Religion group put up a banner that read "Church and State - Keep Them Separate", the governor had it removed, claiming it made it look like a "hockey rink".

So, after a bit of debate, argument and lawyer fees, it was decided that everyone's beliefs (or lack thereof) are to be respected.

Including Pasatfarians and Seinfeld fans.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Pride
Covetousness
Lust
Anger
Envy
Sloth

Kinda funny how he picks and chooses which of the real "seven deadly sins" to include on his list. I would equate "covetousness" with envy. So he only has 6.

Which one is he missing?

Bill actually only listed six anyway (there are not seven listed here). Covetousness is also known as Greed.

The one missing is Gluttony. Which I think was Bill's point considering the description of the protester! :D:D:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

RonD1120

Did he leave the monument in place that's erected for Hindu text?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

quade

***I doubt if anyone in AR is terrorized. This looks like the work of an immature, foolish sinner. An example of adolescent mentality stuck in rebellion.

Or . . . maybe it's a guy who understands the concept behind the separation of church and state.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but there may be an alternative to your explanation.

So, you are saying if he understands the concept and committed this act he is, therefore, a mature individual. I don't think so.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

So, you are saying if he understands the concept and committed this act he is, therefore, a mature individual. I don't think so.

If one day a statue of Satan showed up on the lawn of your church, would you try to remove it?
quade -

quade

***So, you are saying if he understands the concept and committed this act he is, therefore, a mature individual. I don't think so.

If one day a statue of Satan showed up on the lawn of your church, would you try to remove it?

Our church is on private property, different rules.

However, Satan himself shows up inside our church nearly every Sunday. Since most of us in attendance have power over him, he does not accomplish very much. He gets his licks in though. We need to stay in communication with the Holy Spirit.

quade

***I doubt if anyone in AR is terrorized. This looks like the work of an immature, foolish sinner. An example of adolescent mentality stuck in rebellion.

Maybe it was a drunk or someone who couldn't handle their medication and fell asleep at the wheel.

Heck, does anyone know where Tiger Woods was at the time...?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

TriGirl

Pride
Covetousness
Lust
Anger
Envy
Sloth

Which one is he missing?

Bill actually only listed six anyway (there are not seven listed here). Covetousness is also known as Greed.

The one missing is Gluttony. Which I think was Bill's point considering the description of the protester! :D:D:D

Oops. I can't count. I equated covetousness with envy. But looking it up, I see you are right (somehow the "you being right" part doesn't surprise me :P).

I was thinking he got two at once, and completely missed the fact that "greed" wasn't there.

And I fully realized that "gluttony" was missing, and that it was Bill's point. We really need a sarcasm font.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

FFRF.org was already going to sue them over the monument and it would have ended up being taken down at taxpayers expense....as have all the others.

foolish move on the part of govt to think that can openly endorse a single religion above all others at taxpayers expense without repercussions. this is the problem with govt. Thinking we can just keep 'one slave' since it is only 'one' - ignoring the constitution.

All this guy did was save the taxpayers a ton of money

quade

It had to happen sooner or later.

I'd lean more to Ron's suggestion as to true motivation. Not saying that political ideology is not a good motivation for such an action.

Phil1111

******I doubt if anyone in AR is terrorized. This looks like the work of an immature, foolish sinner. An example of adolescent mentality stuck in rebellion.

It had to happen sooner or later.

I'd lean more to Ron's suggestion as to true motivation. Not saying that political ideology is not a good motivation for such an action.

You might note I said, "maybe" whereas Ron seemed to indicate he had the definitive answer which somehow included the word "terrorized."

I think that makes a difference.
quade -