Royreader8812

Sarin Gas blame game...

I see we are still waiting for royreader to give us Putin's take on theses events. I guess his network has not given him directions yet.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but not telling Russia that the air strike was coming would be putting thier soldiers lives at risk, and that would be stupid. We will want to work with Russia to help find a political solution to end this Syrian civil war.

I wasn't expecting anything. What I am saying is that I do not see these missile as a projection of strength, nor as an indication there was no Russian meddling in US elections.

SkyDekker

******Great, so this "retaliation" had absolutely no effect and didn't alter or affect the Syrian/Russian capabilities.

Sounds bigly effective. Winning.

I believe there is another term for blustering and grandstanding with no effect.....dog and pony show.

Your over-simplification is astounding. The effect of this was worldwide. It gives notice to Putin, to Jong-Un, and all the state sponsors of terrorism. There's a new sheriff in town.

I know you don't agree with this assessment. I've always believed that projecting weakness invites attack.

But that is exactly what you did. Project weakness.

You lobbed a bunch of missiles, after warning the Russians and were unable to hit anything of consequence. Bombing runs were flown a few hours later from the airport hit.

Have you considered the possibility that the runways were left usable to see if Assad would tone down his use? It doesn't look like he did. I guess we'll have to build more cruise missiles. We took out a bunch of aircraft. I'm sure that hurts the effort.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

gowlerk

I see we are still waiting for royreader to give us Putin's take on theses events. I guess his network has not given him directions yet.

He probably got reassigned to influence the French election.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***I see we are still waiting for royreader to give us Putin's take on theses events. I guess his network has not given him directions yet.

He probably got reassigned to influence the French election.:P

Too funny, thats along the lines of what I was thinking. French, German elections. They just suffered heavy casualties in the programming dept:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39553250.

Then all the TR and Russian bots need reprogramming because trump has betrayed President Putin. Such turmoil. He'll be lucky to even have time for a bowl of borsch.

SkyDekker

I wasn't expecting anything. What I am saying is that I do not see these missile as a projection of strength, nor as an indication there was no Russian meddling in US elections.

It projects more strength than doing nothing, which is what happened in 2013 after a chemical attack in a civilian area caused about 1,000 deaths.(I couldn't find a solid figure on it. It was between 281 and 1,600, but a consensus seems to be near 1,000) The goal is to make sure Assad doesn't use chemical weapons against civilian populations again.

Hopefully we can work with Russia to make sure that chemical weapons are completely removed from Syria.

normiss

So Russia gets a warning, yet he couldn't be bothered to let congress know?
How is it more important to work with Russia and not congress?

Ranking members of the Intelligence sub-committee, both Democrats and Republicans were informed of what was about to happen. Russia was informed via the "militray-to-military de-confliction channel" so they could get anyone on the base away from danger.

Hopefully we can work with Russia to make sure that chemical weapons are completely removed from Syria.

That's what we supposedly did in 2013. Russia and Syria both lied. What makes you think now will be any different?

- Dan G

I'll have to look for info on the intelligence committee notification, as I've not heard that yet. Makes me wonder why congress is demanding answers now as I was under the impression this strike would have required their nod.

It was especially considerate of Russia to kill that channel after Trump called a friend.

SkyDekker

Russia was supposedly already working on that. You think these missiles now make Russia amore willing participant?

A lot of the chemical weapons were already removed with Russia's involvement. Perhaps Putin can be convinced that removing the rest of them is the right thing to do.

Short answer... maybe. It is up to Putin.

AlanS

***Russia was supposedly already working on that. You think these missiles now make Russia amore willing participant?

A lot of the chemical weapons were already removed with Russia's involvement. Perhaps Putin can be convinced that removing the rest of them is the right thing to do.

Short answer... maybe. It is up to Putin.

So that was the big strength of this action? Maybe now Putin will help?

>How is it more important to work with Russia and not congress?

Congress didn't help him get elected.

Trump's "evolution" on Syria:

2012: Let the Arab League take care of Syria. Why are these rich Arab countries not paying us for the tremendous cost of such an attack?

2013: We should stay the hell out of Syria, the "rebels" are just as bad as the current regime. WHAT WILL WE GET FOR OUR LIVES AND $ BILLIONS? ZERO

2013: If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!

2013: What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

2013: The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!

2013: The only reason President Obama wants to attack Syria is to save face over his very dumb RED LINE statement. Do NOT attack Syria,fix U.S.A.

billvon

>How is it more important to work with Russia and not congress?

Congress didn't help him get elected.

Trump's "evolution" on Syria:

2012: Let the Arab League take care of Syria. Why are these rich Arab countries not paying us for the tremendous cost of such an attack?

2013: We should stay the hell out of Syria, the "rebels" are just as bad as the current regime. WHAT WILL WE GET FOR OUR LIVES AND $ BILLIONS? ZERO

2013: If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!

2013: What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

2013: The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!

2013: The only reason President Obama wants to attack Syria is to save face over his very dumb RED LINE statement. Do NOT attack Syria,fix U.S.A.

Don't forget this one:

"Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate." 5:39 PM - 9 Oct 2012
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

ryoder

It probably pissed off his political base, of US first non-interventionist, anti-global thunkers!! Hurrah!!

Oh, yeah!
Just go take a look at Ann Coulters Twitter feed since then.:D:D:D

So they still supported him when he said he would send 30,000 ground troops to Syria... but launching a few cruise missiles was too much?

Those crazy mixed up cats.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

DJL

Spicers current press briefing: "We can't imagine a stable Syria with Assad in charge."

So someone should ask him how stable the these countries are since we helped oust the old regimes:
- Afghanistan
- Iraq
- Libya

The US; Doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

SkyDekker

***Spicers current press briefing: "We can't imagine a stable Syria with Assad in charge."

There imaginations change so often that if you wait a couple of days they will be able to imagine it again.

As the rest of the world thinks, "We can't imagine a stable US with Trump in charge."
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

ryoder

***Spicers current press briefing: "We can't imagine a stable Syria with Assad in charge."

So someone should ask him how stable the these countries are since we helped oust the old regimes:
- Afghanistan
- Iraq
- Libya

The US; Doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result.:S

The problem arises with IS, Al Qaeda, Taliban and other radical Islamic groups. Until this temporary Islamic radicalism runs its course and is exhausted. These groups should be denied safe countries and safe areas of countries to operate from.Because they will train, bomb and destabilize any weak governments around their area of operation.

Its stupid for the US to do everything. But it takes leadership to put co-coalitions together together to "build states". Leadership which is absent now.

France should be the leader in Libya with Egypt and Algeria assisting. If leadership steps aside then countries like Iran will do their best to cause trouble. With Russian assistance of course.