billvon

New HHS secretary - tattoos are for drug users

normiss

Bear in mind he calls his wife "mother".

Maybe mommy won't let him eat food with anyone except her and jebus.

I wasn't even going to mention the Madonna/Whore complex that goes with this mindset but there it is.

Oh, and this: http://www.theonion.com/article/mike-pence-asks-waiter-remove-mrs-butterworth-tabl-55661

lol
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

Here's another gem regarding simple minded bullshit called the Billy Graham Rule. The effect is similar to what I remember reading in Laura Ingalls Wilder books regarding teens dating but equates more closely to modern religious zealotry. I saw this scroll across a few people's (all male) facebook pages as a positive attribute of a good outstanding man but I made a mental note that I would never hire one of these people if they think they can't meet with a woman in a professional setting without having some kind of sexual God vs. Satan scenario playing out in their heads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/03/30/the-religious-reasons-mike-pence-wont-eat-alone-with-women-dont-add-up/?utm_term=.e007366715fe

As a counselor, I had a rule not to counsel a female alone. At the least when necessary, the door was left open. The precaution is to protect the male from the possible fraudulent allegations of the female. You misread the intent of the Billy Graham Rule.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Bear in mind he calls his wife "mother".

That is a fairly common practice with Christian husbands, especially if they have several children. When they become grandparents it frequently changes to Paw-Paw and Mam-Ma or something similar.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

*********One addiction leads to another.

The irony meter is pegged.

What you call irony, I call salvation. I assume that is what your were referring to.

Or, from Firesign Theatre:

"I used to be all messed up on dope. Now I'm all fucked up on The Lord!"

I always get a good chuckle when The Thumper chimes in!!!:D:D:D

RonD1120

***Here's another gem regarding simple minded bullshit called the Billy Graham Rule. The effect is similar to what I remember reading in Laura Ingalls Wilder books regarding teens dating but equates more closely to modern religious zealotry. I saw this scroll across a few people's (all male) facebook pages as a positive attribute of a good outstanding man but I made a mental note that I would never hire one of these people if they think they can't meet with a woman in a professional setting without having some kind of sexual God vs. Satan scenario playing out in their heads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/03/30/the-religious-reasons-mike-pence-wont-eat-alone-with-women-dont-add-up/?utm_term=.e007366715fe

As a counselor, I had a rule not to counsel a female alone. At the least when necessary, the door was left open. The precaution is to protect the male from the possible fraudulent allegations of the female. You misread the intent of the Billy Graham Rule.

As an academic advisor and professor I made it a rule not to meet with any student of either gender unless the door was left open. Fraudulent allegations are not restricted to females.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

gowlerk

*********One addiction leads to another.

What you call irony, I call salvation. I assume that is what your were referring to.

Cheech and Chong.

kallend

******Here's another gem regarding simple minded bullshit called the Billy Graham Rule. The effect is similar to what I remember reading in Laura Ingalls Wilder books regarding teens dating but equates more closely to modern religious zealotry. I saw this scroll across a few people's (all male) facebook pages as a positive attribute of a good outstanding man but I made a mental note that I would never hire one of these people if they think they can't meet with a woman in a professional setting without having some kind of sexual God vs. Satan scenario playing out in their heads.

As an academic advisor and professor I made it a rule not to meet with any student of either gender unless the door was left open. Fraudulent allegations are not restricted to females.

That is so true.

winsor

************One addiction leads to another.

Cheech and Chong.

I guess I'm so old that it's all just a mashup in my head.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***************One addiction leads to another.

Cheech and Chong.

Memory refresh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtoZOO5B6Y:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

gowlerk

***************One addiction leads to another.

Cheech and Chong.

Anyone who remembers the '60s wasn't really there.

George Carlin

RonD1120

*********Here's another gem regarding simple minded bullshit called the Billy Graham Rule. The effect is similar to what I remember reading in Laura Ingalls Wilder books regarding teens dating but equates more closely to modern religious zealotry. I saw this scroll across a few people's (all male) facebook pages as a positive attribute of a good outstanding man but I made a mental note that I would never hire one of these people if they think they can't meet with a woman in a professional setting without having some kind of sexual God vs. Satan scenario playing out in their heads.

That is so true.

But you two are talking about teacher/student situations, and that's understandable. The same is not the case for the professional world. If I told any female colleague that I was leaving the door open because I may be accused of sexual misconduct they would look at me like I had a potato for a head and I probably would never be promoted because I'm obviously from a parallel universe where people can't keep their dicks in their pants.

DJL

************Here's another gem regarding simple minded bullshit called the Billy Graham Rule. The effect is similar to what I remember reading in Laura Ingalls Wilder books regarding teens dating but equates more closely to modern religious zealotry. I saw this scroll across a few people's (all male) facebook pages as a positive attribute of a good outstanding man but I made a mental note that I would never hire one of these people if they think they can't meet with a woman in a professional setting without having some kind of sexual God vs. Satan scenario playing out in their heads.

That is so true.

But you two are talking about teacher/student situations, and that's understandable. The same is not the case for the professional world. If I told any female colleague that I was leaving the door open because I may be accused of sexual misconduct they would look at me like I had a potato for a head and I probably would never be promoted because I'm obviously from a parallel universe where people can't keep their dicks in their pants.

If you actually said that to a woman I would agree with your statement. It is something you do not something you say. You know that you would not perform a sexual misconduct. You do not know that a disgruntled female would not accuse you of sexual misconduct.

Just consider the difficulty in proving an accusation false when it is you, a male, against a female. The deck is stacked against you.

I'm sorry but you simply don't know what you're talking about regarding the modern professional world. I do not change my actions regarding how I interact with colleagues based upon their gender. I fear no threat of accusations.

normiss

It's interesting to see you repeatedly put all blame and responsibility on the woman.

And begins with the assumption that she will do something like this. Looks like he prefers to see the deck already stacked against any woman with whom he interacts. Guilty until proven innocent, indeed.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

DJL

I'm sorry but you simply don't know what you're talking about regarding the modern professional world. I do not change my actions regarding how I interact with colleagues based upon their gender. I fear no threat of accusations.

You fear no threat and that is good. However, I did work in the professional world and I was threatened. The threat was real and I was held accountable for something I did not do. Don't be naive regarding real world environments that are different then your own.

Kallend agreed with my original post on the subject.

RonD1120

***I'm sorry but you simply don't know what you're talking about regarding the modern professional world. I do not change my actions regarding how I interact with colleagues based upon their gender. I fear no threat of accusations.

You fear no threat and that is good. However, I did work in the professional world and I was threatened. The threat was real and I was held accountable for something I did not do. Don't be naive regarding real world environments that are different then your own.

You two were talking about schools and counseling where teacher/student guidelines are well established for the protection of both. I've worked as a high school coach, many of my close friends are teachers and one was accused of having a relationship with one of her students. I know the deal very well.

In an office setting in the modern professional world it is archaic to do what Mike Pence thinks he needs to do unless your wife doesn't trust you to keep your dick in your pants or is batshit crazy because she believes mid-century evangelical bullshit.

DJL

******I'm sorry but you simply don't know what you're talking about regarding the modern professional world. I do not change my actions regarding how I interact with colleagues based upon their gender. I fear no threat of accusations.

You two were talking about schools and counseling where teacher/student guidelines are well established for the protection of both. I've worked as a high school coach, many of my close friends are teachers and one was accused of having a relationship with one of her students. I know the deal very well.

In an office setting in the modern professional world it is archaic to do what Mike Pence thinks he needs to do unless your wife doesn't trust you to keep your dick in your pants or is batshit crazy because she believes mid-century evangelical bullshit.

I accept your opinion as such. In my case I was threatened by a PhD colleague. Fortunately, the accusation did not go past the next level of executive management.

RonD1120

I accept your opinion as such. In my case I was threatened by a PhD colleague. Fortunately, the accusation did not go past the next level of executive management.

So, you're saying the (due) process worked?
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Sounds like management worked, then. No one is immune from being a jerk, no matter the qualifications, religion, or any other association.

And no one is immune from being misinterpreted as being a jerk, when they're really just trying to be themselves.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)