dorkitup

CBO: TrumpCare, 24 million lose health care

Well, maybe if all you ever have go wrong is stuff that puts you a little over that five grand.
Cancer? Now you can treat it at least some. Broken leg? Now you're not stiffing the ER. And local taxes don't go up as quickly to pay for those ever-more-used ER's

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm sorry...if you have a deductible over $5,000.00 and are in need of government assistance to pay for your insurance you never really had insurance.

You would likely believe that only until you found out you needed bypass surgery. At that point, paying $5000 instead of $350,000 might seem like a good deal.

billvon

I'm sorry...if you have a deductible over $5,000.00 and are in need of government assistance to pay for your insurance you never really had insurance.

You would likely believe that only until you found out you needed bypass surgery. At that point, paying $5000 instead of $350,000 might seem like a good deal.

It also reduces government or hospital exposure to $5,000 instead of $350,000. Theoretically this means costs should go down...

billvon

For those folks $5K might as well be $500K. It won't get paid and we still get stuck for the bill. The difference is the insurance company took a big hit instead of the hospital. And we all know what happens when big insurers can't pay the claims (AIG anyone?).
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>For those folks $5K might as well be $500K.

Then that's a bad plan for them.

It's generally wise to budget as much as possible for healthcare, and then choose that deductible. You end up coming out ahead in the end. For example, if you can budget $2K a year (even if that means you barely break even) then get a deductible of $2K - and if you don't hit the deductible, put the money you saved in the bank.

billvon

>For those folks $5K might as well be $500K.

Then that's a bad plan for them.

It's generally wise to budget as much as possible for healthcare, and then choose that deductible. You end up coming out ahead in the end. For example, if you can budget $2K a year (even if that means you barely break even) then get a deductible of $2K - and if you don't hit the deductible, put the money you saved in the bank.

Pretty certain the people I'm talking about don't think that way.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>Folks who can't afford to buy health insurance without the subsidy.

OK. I don't know why you believe they "don't think that way." When people without insurance are asked why they don't have insurance, the most common answer (over 80%) is that they can't afford it, and most of those people come from locations without the medicare expansion - so they fall into the gap. I haven't seen anything that says indicates aren't thinking about what the costs vs deductibles are.

The latest changes to Trumpcare have been evaluated by the CBO. Result - less savings, the same consumer cost increases and coverage losses. Lose-lose! No wonder republicans are rallying behind it.
==========================
CBO releases new score for ObamaCare repeal bill
By Peter Sullivan - 03/23/17 05:21 PM EDT
The Hill

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) on Thursday released a new score for a revised plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare that Republican leaders are struggling to pass in the House.

The CBO found that this version of the healthcare plan contains significantly less deficit reduction than the original but would lead to essentially the same levels of coverage losses and premium increases.

The legislation would reduce the deficit by $150 billion over 10 years, down from $337 billion in the original legislation, the report said. The plan would still result in 24 million more people being uninsured in 2026, a finding that has been a rallying cry for Democrats.

Premiums would still initially rise by 15 percent to 20 percent before eventually becoming 10 percent lower, the CBO said.

GOP leaders had pledged that they would wait for the CBO's new score before holding a floor vote on the legislation. That vote could happen as early as Friday.
============================

What a FIASCO.

SEVEN YEARS of whining, but when it comes to doing something themselves, all that results is embarrassment and chaos.

The GOP clearly was, and is, NOT ready to govern.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Holy shit. Maybe not every politician is corrupt... Whoda thunk it?

Obamacare isn't perfect. But it's better than rushing through a PoS replacement that isn't properly thought out just to score some sort of one-up victory.

How long until Trump blames Obama meddling in the background?

yoink

Holy shit. Maybe not every politician is corrupt... Whoda thunk it?

Obamacare isn't perfect. But it's better than rushing through a PoS replacement that isn't properly thought out just to score some sort of one-up victory.

How long until Trump blames Obama meddling in the background?

He's already blaming the Dem's for not supporting it... wow....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

>He's already blaming the Dem's for not supporting it... wow....

Well, he would have done more, but he's been busy.
Donald Trump Talks Colin Kaepernick's Status as an NFL Free Agent at Rally

Associated Press
Rob Goldberg
March 20, 2017

President Donald Trump appears happy to take credit for his role in keeping Colin Kaepernick unemployed.

Speaking at a rally in Louisville, Kentucky, on Monday, Trump brought up the "San Francisco quarterback" and discussed his part in the player's current situation, per TMZ.

"There was an article today," Trump explained, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. "It was reported that NFL owners don't want to pick him up because they don't want to get a nasty tweet from Donald Trump. Do you believe that? I just saw that. I just saw that. I said if I remember that one I'm gonna report it to the people of the Kentucky. Because they like it when people actually stand for the American flag."
===============================

Hi lummy,

He's already blaming the Dem's for not supporting it... wow....

This afternoon I was listening to Speaker Ryan trying to polish that turd of the (R)'s.

It made me think of Roe v Wade. It is possible that the (R)'s do not want to overturn Roe v Wade because then they would have nothing to excite their base. I'm thinking that might be the same with ObamaCare; as long as it is still there, the wackos, oops I mean (R)'s can rail against it.

Jerry Baumchen

I agree completely. The problem the R's have now is that they have two significant camps that are mutually exclusive, and not enough votes to completely diss one or the other. On the one hand, you have some moderates who realize they can't go back to the old days (insurance companies cherry picking, no coverage available if you have ever had a serious illness, etc, no coverage for maternity or mental health, etc) without having drastic effects on millions of voters. On the other, you have the back-to-the-18th century folks who believe unrestricted capitalism (no government standards or regulation at all) will magically result in insurance companies selling great plans that cover every medical contingency and cost only a few dollars a month. Of course they have already forgotten that the impetus for Obamacare was that the insurance companies were doing such a great job of screwing people. Anything that is done to appease one camp alienates the other, so nothing can pass. Works for me!

It is interesting (to me at least) that after 7 years of Obamacare, a majority of the US population has come to expect that medical insurance will actually cover real medical problems, and they now feel it is a bad thing if people are denied insurance because they are a cancer survivor, have a mental illness, and so on. The victory of Obamacare is that it has changed people's expectations, and I doubt Paul Ryan and his friends will be able to turn the clock back in that regard. Any "repeal and replace" that does not maintain at least the same standard of care and affordability will cost them dearly. In that sense, Obama has won and they can't repeal that.

Don

billvon

>He's already blaming the Dem's for not supporting it... wow....

Well, he would have done more, but he's been busy.
Donald Trump Talks Colin Kaepernick's Status as an NFL Free Agent at Rally

Associated Press
Rob Goldberg
March 20, 2017

President Donald Trump appears happy to take credit for his role in keeping Colin Kaepernick unemployed.

Speaking at a rally in Louisville, Kentucky, on Monday, Trump brought up the "San Francisco quarterback" and discussed his part in the player's current situation, per TMZ.

"There was an article today," Trump explained, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. "It was reported that NFL owners don't want to pick him up because they don't want to get a nasty tweet from Donald Trump. Do you believe that? I just saw that. I just saw that. I said if I remember that one I'm gonna report it to the people of the Kentucky. Because they like it when people actually stand for the American flag."
===============================

What's the difference between trump and Colin Kaepernick?

Colin has beliefs and values that he stands up for.
"Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick reportedly donated $50,000 to Meals on Wheels, a group that provides food for seniors in need.

Kaepernick, currently a free agent, has promised to donate $1 million to organizations that help at-risk communities, and to support a campaign to raise millions of dollars for drought relief in Somalia."
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/22/colin-kaepernick-donates-50k-meals-wheels-sarah-palin-reacts

trump steals from charities for which he receives money for.

Phil1111

What's the difference between trump and Colin Kaepernick?

Colin has beliefs and values that he stands up for.
"Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick reportedly donated $50,000 to Meals on Wheels, a group that provides food for seniors in need.

Kaepernick, currently a free agent, has promised to donate $1 million to organizations that help at-risk communities, and to support a campaign to raise millions of dollars for drought relief in Somalia."
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/22/colin-kaepernick-donates-50k-meals-wheels-sarah-palin-reacts

trump steals from charities for which he receives money for.

And Trump, while promising to donate his salary to charity, has yet to.

When questions were raised about this, his mouthpiece said that Trump will wait until the end of the year to decide who to donate it to.

So he will take the salary. For a year.

And then at the end of the year, he promises to donate it.

Link: http://time.com/4699969/donald-trump-presidential-salary-donate/
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi Don,

after 7 years of Obamacare, a majority of the US population has come to expect that medical insurance will actually cover real medical problems

Let us not forget that almost everything that the (R)'s said was wrong with ObamaCare is what they also said about MediCare.

How many Americans would vote to eliminate MediCare if it came up for a vote?

Jerry Baumchen

It is interesting (to me at least) that after 7 years of Obamacare, a majority of the US population has come to expect that medical insurance will actually cover real medical problems, and they now feel it is a bad thing if people are denied insurance because they are a cancer survivor, have a mental illness, and so on. The victory of Obamacare is that it has changed people's expectations, and I doubt Paul Ryan and his friends will be able to turn the clock back in that regard. Any "repeal and replace" that does not maintain at least the same standard of care and affordability will cost them dearly. In that sense, Obama has won and they can't repeal that.

Totally agree. Before Obama the Rs were diametrically opposed to any form of comprehensive government mandated healthcare. After 7 years of slating Obama for introducing it (or something vaguely like it) they now can't get rid of it without promising that they will introduce better comprehensive government mandated healthcare.

If they put things back to they way they were before, they'd be lynched at the next round of elections. Even though they've somehow convinced a lot of people that ObamaCare is the work of the devil, they can't convince those people to live without the results of it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?