RonD1120

The Lord's Prayer

Pope Francis speaks God's own truth!
I have no patience with hypocrites.
Hypocracy is the root of my deep distrust of lawyers and politicians. Getting "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" out of a lawyer is impossible these days.

I also freely admit that I am less than perfect. As soon as I am perfect, I will become a puritan and tell the rest of you how to lead your lives.
Hah!
Hah!

RonD1120

I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Cousin Jesus, being observant, three times a day said the Shema instead.

The psychopathic pervert wannabe in Mecca picked up on this practice in his travels, and upped the ante to his own liturgy five times a day.

The most violent and ill tempered people I have ever met have been the most religious/superstitious. A pretty good number of armies have had chaplains/sky pilots of one stripe or another to send them forth to butcher and be butchered.

Double blind studies of the power of prayer have shown it to have less effect than a good placebo.

If it makes you happy, knock yourself out. If you were worried that it might have the tiniest effect one way or another, you will be relieved to note that it doesn't.

BSBD,

Winsor

yoink

***I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why?

I believe it will help with your mental adjustment, if you want it. Prayer helped me during the period 2008-2016.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

No, the purpose would be to help you adjust your mental attitude to the change coming to America. The country is finally achieving a reset.

IOW, it will help you attain humility.

Not sure why humility is so important, I thought the new America was in fact all about me, me, me, me. Individual rights, zero govt, anarchy and every man for himself.

Certainly your own humility has been called into question enough times since you can be such a self serving prick when you go out of your way to narc people out for simply having belief structures different from your own and take direct actions to harm business relationships because you have a defective/different view. Yes I stil have those emails and I will never let you forget that.

But back to the subject at hand....my humility is well maintained by simple reading some DeGrasse-Tyson or Sagan and looking at the night sky. No need for prayer, there is plenty of reality around me to satisfy whatever purpose humility serves

tkhayes

Not sure why humility is so important, I thought the new America was in fact all about me, me, me, me. Individual rights, zero govt, anarchy and every man for himself.

Certainly your own humility has been called into question enough times since you can be such a self serving prick when you go out of your way to narc people out for simply having belief structures different from your own and take direct actions to harm business relationships because you have a defective/different view. Yes I stil have those emails and I will never let you forget that.

Since you brought it up again, for the benefit of the uninformed, the following are the facts regarding your grudge.

1. The U.S. was at war in Afghanistan.
2. SOCOM was regularly using your DZ.
3. Julian Assange released classified documents regarding U.S. military actions.
4. Assange was considered an enemy by many at that time.
5. You bragged about supporting Assange's defense in this forum.
6. I notified the SOCOM/PIO of your activities.

At that time I considered my decision patriotic and I still do.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And US SOCOM sent me an email at that time basically asking "who is this guy?" and summarily dismissing your concerns as rubbish. I am so relieved that you consider your actions as patriotic. I considered mine to be patriotic as well.

SOCOM is still under contract with Skydive City, we are still DOD approved, just in case you are keeping a scorecard regarding the value of your patriotism.

tkhayes

And US SOCOM sent me an email at that time basically asking "who is this guy?" and summarily dismissing your concerns as rubbish. I am so relieved that you consider your actions as patriotic. I considered mine to be patriotic as well.

SOCOM is still under contract with Skydive City, we are still DOD approved, just in case you are keeping a scorecard regarding the value of your patriotism.

So, it all worked out. And, Assange helped elect President Trump. It's all good.

RonD1120

Since you brought it up again, for the benefit of the uninformed, the following are the facts regarding your grudge.

3. Julian Assange released classified documents regarding U.S. military actions.

Dude, that is just fucked up.

I'm trying to come up with better words here, but this action of yours has me stunned.

Seriously, W-T-F?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

RonD1120

******I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why?

I believe it will help with your mental adjustment, if you want it. Prayer helped me during the period 2008-2016.

Seriously. I'm happy that it helped you through a tough time.

But I don't believe that capitulation, apathy and ignorance is the solution to the insanity of Trumps government, any more than you would have done for Obama's.

'Rage, rage against the dying of the light', and all that.

I also don't particularly WANT any mental adjustment, thanks. Just as I don't WANT any religion. I'm fine with people having faith, but take offense at the notion that everyone should buy into it and that religious people continually try to insist that it's the only correct way to live.

If there is a God, then faith is a trait they've given humanity. Religion on the other hand is a man-made construct with the purpose of manipulating faith to its own end. It's a power grab.

billvon

TK - your one warning. Cut it out.

Ron - threatening people on this board is not OK. Your one warning.

Thank you.

RonD1120

That is seriously fucked up.

But not surprising considering the person you are.

The rest of the world sees it as petty and vindictive. Including the agencies you reported to. And we all know you would not have done it if you knew you would be found out. Rather than offering a very weak justification you should consider offering an apology and acknowledging it was a mistake.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

******I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why?

I think you would do well to re-read Matthew 23.

(Trump would do well to read verse 12)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

***Since you brought it up again, for the benefit of the uninformed, the following are the facts regarding your grudge.

Dude, that is just fucked up.

I'm trying to come up with better words here, but this action of yours has me stunned.

Seriously, W-T-F?

It has been my experience in life that original thought followed by unprecedented individual action is likely to upset someone. It is called risk taking.

My incident occurred six years ago in 2011. Can we forget what the progressive liberal traitors did in 2012? Benghazi is still in the news as late as this past week.

I believe the lesson for all is to be very careful what you say in public. This is especially true when communicating in any digital media.

Progressive liberals have turned subversive attacks into an art form. Sometimes it comes back, ask John Podesta and others in the Hillary campaign.

America is being reset and personally expressed nationalism is becoming the norm. This is an emerging truth across Europe as well. People want their countries back.

kallend

*********I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why?

Verse 12 was not applicable in this past election. If it would have been Jeb Bush would be sitting in the Oval Office now. America demanded and received a forceful leader. God is giving America another chance. The question is, how are we going to handle it?

RonD1120

************I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why?

Verse 12 was not applicable in this past election. If it would have been Jeb Bush would be sitting in the Oval Office now. America demanded and received a forceful leader. God is giving America another chance. The question is, how are we going to handle it?

It's truly amazing how so-called "Christians" can tie themselves in knots with revisionist thinking about what Jesus said.

No-one in recent history exemplifies Matthew 23:12 more than Donald Trump.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

It's truly amazing how so-called "Christians" can tie themselves in knots with revisionist thinking about what Jesus said.

No-one in recent history exemplifies Matthew 23:12 more than Donald Trump.

I don't know what a so-called Christian is. And, I agree President Trump is not humble. I like him for that.

I try, as much as possible, to see each situation as totally unique and non-related as possible. I hate it when I have to compare and contrast.

I try, as much as possible, to see each situation as totally unique and non-related as possible. I hate it when I have to compare and contrast.

That is because your social outlook is much stronger than your moral compass. Not an uncommon thing in people. But your ability to rationalize evil, as long as it is your kind of evil, seems stronger than most. You allow yourself to just kick it aside if it becomes uncomfortable and focus on your belief that nothing matters because you are saved.

It is effective for you. But it is an evil in and of itself.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

That is because your social outlook is much stronger than your moral compass. Not an uncommon thing in people. But your ability to rationalize evil, as long as it is your kind of evil, seems stronger than most. You allow yourself to just kick it aside if it becomes uncomfortable and focus on your belief that nothing matters because you are saved.

It is effective for you. But it is an evil in and of itself.

As stated before, you see what you believe is there because you want it there.