RonD1120

The Lord's Prayer

Careful Ron, that's only two times short of the daily mandate for Islamic calls to prayer. You fear Sharia, I fear the continued blurring of lines between secularism and a pseudo-theocracy that you and the rest of "the good Christians" would willingly accept...which would be ok because f*ck the Muslims right?

RonD1120

I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why, does God have Alzheimers and forget that you already said it just 6 hours ago?

Whatever happened to "omnipresent"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

I fully concur, all of YOU should do that. Every single ONE of YOU. And then you should get up from your keyboard and go down to the mall to pass out some pamphlets. Make some real effort and show some real commitment.

Do you have a plan for fasting and pilgrimage as well?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

"Pope Francis delivered another criticism of some members of his own Church on Thursday, suggesting it is better to be an atheist than one of "many" Catholics who he said lead a hypocritical double life.

In improvised comments in the sermon of his private morning Mass in his residence, he said: "It is a scandal to say one thing and do another. That is a double life."

"There are those who say 'I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this and that association'," the head of the 1.2 billion-member Roman Catholic Church said, according to a Vatican Radio transcript.

He said that some of these people should also say "'my life is not Christian, I don't pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, (I lead) a double life'."

"There are many Catholics who are like this and they cause scandal," he said. "How many times have we all heard people say 'if that person is a Catholic, it is better to be an atheist'."

Since his election in 2013, Francis has often told Catholics, both priests and lay people, to practice what their religion preaches.

In his often impromptu sermons, he has condemned sexual abuse of children by priests as being tantamount to a "Satanic Mass", said Catholics in the mafia excommunicate themselves, and told his own cardinals to not act as if they were "princes"."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-atheists-idUSKBN1621I3

The Lord certainly works in mysterious ways eh Ron?

Phil1111

"Pope Francis delivered another criticism of some members of his own Church on Thursday, suggesting it is better to be an atheist than one of "many" Catholics who he said lead a hypocritical double life.

According to Ron, Catholics are not Christian. What the Pope says has no bearing on "REAL" Christians.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

kallend

***I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

Why, does God have Alzheimers and forget that you already said it just 6 hours ago?

Whatever happened to "omnipresent"?

No, the purpose would be to help you adjust your mental attitude to the change coming to America. The country is finally achieving a reset.

IOW, it will help you attain humility.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

gowlerk

***I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

I fully concur, all of YOU should do that. Every single ONE of YOU. And then you should get up from your keyboard and go down to the mall to pass out some pamphlets. Make some real effort and show some real commitment.

My suggestion was primarily for Americans. But, certainly you are free to pray the Lord's Prayer as well.

I do volunteer work for the less fortunate, especially veterans. I lead a fasting life these days. Pilgrimage is not in my schedule.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

No, the purpose would be to help you adjust your mental attitude to the change coming to America. The country is finally achieving a reset.

You are right about one thing. America will need all the help it can find to get through the Trump period. May as well ask God. She might agree to help you.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

How can it be that some Christian ministers seek to protect the children, the weak, the needy and the vulnerable. From the actions of Fascism, of governments that want to " Trump: Removal of undocumented immigrants is ‘military operation’"
http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2017/02/trump-undocumented-immigrants-military-operation-235308

RonD1120

******I propose we all pray the Lord's Prayer three times per day; when you get up, at 1200 and at 1800.

My suggestion was primarily for Americans. But, certainly you are free to pray the Lord's Prayer as well.

I do volunteer work for the less fortunate, especially veterans. I lead a fasting life these days. Pilgrimage is not in my schedule.

Evidently there are many Christian Gods, 1/2 dozen to a dozen perhaps. Who knew!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/12/04/will-churches-hide-illegal-immigrants-from-trump.html

"Across the country, dozens of churches and other faith communities say they're preparing to offer sanctuary to immigrants who are in the country illegally...

"It is our position as a people of faith that this is sacred, and faithful work," said the Rev. Mike Morran during the news conference at his church. ..

"God most definitely doesn't want to break up families," says Seth Kaper-Dale, pastor of the Reformed Church of Highland Park in New Jersey. In 2012, the church offered sanctuary to nine Indonesian immigrants who were set for deportation. Almost a year later, they reached an agreement with ICE allowing them to stay for now.

"Sanctuary works," says Kaper-Dale. "I can tell you from our own experience that all nine people who lived here have kept their families together, have been able to raise their children, have been able to go back to their jobs. Is sanctuary brutally hard? Yes. But it is a tool that we will use, if we're forced by a brutal regime to use it."..

Sanctuary church advocates insist history is on their side. John Fife is the former minister of the Southside Presbyterian Church in Tucson, Ariz., which helped spark the sanctuary church movement of the 1980s and '90s to help migrants from Central America get asylum.

"That movement changed the public perception of the issue, and resulted in the government changing its policy," Fife says.

It also resulted in the arrest and conviction of Fife and other activists. Sanctuary churches today say they're prepared to continue that work, too."
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/16/515510996/colorado-church-offers-immigrant-sanctuary-from-deportation

"In Trump era, Bay Area churches offer sanctuary to undocumented immigrants "
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/05/in-trump-era-bay-area-churches-offer-sanctuary-to-undocumented-immigrants/

450 churches prepare to act as Trump-era ‘underground railroad’ for undocumented immigrants
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/450-churches-prepare-to-act-as-trump-era-underground-railroad-for-undocumented-immigrants/

Bishops deplore Trump’s executive orders

"Bishop Joe Vasquez of Austin, Texas, the chair of the USCCB’s Committee of Migration and Bishop of the Diocese of Austin, said, “I am disheartened that the president has prioritized building a wall on our border with Mexico. This action will put immigrant lives needlessly in harm’s way. Construction of such a wall will only make migrants, especially vulnerable women and children, more susceptible to traffickers and smugglers....

"Vasquez added a personal note to his statement, saying, “Every day my brother bishops and I witness the harmful effects of immigrant detention in our ministries. We experience the pain of severed families that struggle to maintain a semblance of normal family life. We see traumatized children in our schools and in our churches. The policies announced today will only further upend immigrant families.”

In closing his statement, the Texas bishop offered words of solidarity to immigrant families.

“We will continue to support and stand in solidarity with immigrant families,” he said. “We remind our communities and our nation that these families have intrinsic value as children of God. And to all those impacted by today’s decision, we are here to walk with you and accompany you on this journey.”
https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/01/25/bishops-applaud-deplore-trumps-executive-orders/

RonD1120

The country is finally achieving a reset.

Yep. For the first time ever it has someone with absolutely no interest in God sitting in the White House.

Never thought I'd see the day!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

kallend

IOW, it will help you attain humility.

I think this guy has greater need.

Look the Pope sent a special message just for him.

"Populism fueling self-centered rejection of migrants, pope says

“Faced with this kind of rejection, rooted ultimately in self-centeredness and amplified by populist demagoguery, what is needed is a change of attitude to overcome indifference and to counter fears with a generous approach of welcoming those who knock at our doors,” Pope Francis told participants of the VI International Forum on Migration and Peace...

Refugees escaping persecution, violence and poverty are often shunned and deemed as “unworthy of our attention, a rival or someone to be bent to our will,” the pope told participants of the VI International Forum on Migration and Peace.

“Faced with this kind of rejection, rooted ultimately in self-centeredness and amplified by populist demagoguery, what is needed is a change of attitude to overcome indifference and to counter fears with a generous approach of welcoming those who knock at our doors,” he said on February 21...

In his speech, the pope said millions of people are being forced to flee their homelands due to “conflict, natural disasters, persecution, climate change, violence, extreme poverty and inhumane living conditions.”

To confront this challenge, he said, the church and civil society must have a “shared response” of welcoming, protecting, promoting and integrating migrants and refugees.

Providing access to “secure humanitarian channels” - legal paths to safety - is crucial in helping people who are “fleeing conflicts and terrible persecutions,” but are often met with rejection and indifference.

“A responsible and dignified welcome of our brothers and sisters begins by offering them decent and appropriate shelter,” the pope said.

Citing Pope Benedict XVI, the pope said the need to defend the “inalienable rights” of exiled and exploited men and women is a duty “from which no one can be exempted.”

“Protecting these brothers and sisters is a moral imperative which translates into adopting juridical instruments, both international and national, that must be clear and relevant,” the pope said."
https://cruxnow.com/cns/2017/02/21/populism-fueling-self-centered-rejection-migrants-pope-says/

I like this man. He speaks the truth from his heart.