2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Trump is desperately trying to beef up his legal team, but no one wants to work with him, apparently.

Who knew there would be any drawbacks to treating everyone who works for you like shit? No one could have predicted this.
====================
Two more lawyers decline to join Trump legal team
By Katelyn Polantz and Maegan Vazquez, CNN

Updated 8:22 AM ET, Tue March 27, 2018

Washington - Two more lawyers have declined to join President Donald Trump's legal team, a Chicago-based law firm said Tuesday, the latest attorneys to turn down an invitation to represent the President amid special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

In a statement, Winston & Strawn said attorneys Dan Webb and Tom Buchanan "were unable to take on the representation due to business conflicts."

"However they consider the opportunity to represent the President to be the highest honor and they sincerely regret that they cannot do so. They wish the President the best and believe he has excellent representation in Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow," the statement continued.

It is at least the fifth major law firm to receive a recent invitation to help Trump during Mueller's investigation into the 2016 campaign's dealings with Russia. Other lawyers who declined to join Trump's team include former US Solicitor General Ted Olson; Emmet Flood, who's worked for multiple presidents; Robert Bennett, Bill Clinton's attorney in the Paula Jones litigation; and Bob Giuffra, of Sullivan & Cromwell.
======================

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

Trump Is the Richest President Ever, But He Doesn’t Want to Pay His Lawyers
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-richest-president-lawyers-pay-636828

Troubled Deutsche Is One of the Few Banks That Still Lend Donald Trump Money
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13837506/1/troubled-deutsche-is-one-of-the-few-banks-that-still-lend-donald-trump-money.html

billvon

And today it was revealed that Trump's lawyer floated the idea of offering pardons to Manafort and Flynn to entice them to not testify for Mueller.

Kellyanne Conway's husband said it best - "this is flabbergasting."

Two minutes on CNN and other so called news sites and I can predict almost exactly what you might post here:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***And today it was revealed that Trump's lawyer floated the idea of offering pardons to Manafort and Flynn to entice them to not testify for Mueller.

Two minutes on CNN and other so called news sites and I can predict almost exactly what you might post here:D:D

That's nothing. When the OU Skydiving Club was going I'd give students a ride to the DZ, about 60 miles away. At every town we went by we'd pick up another radio channel but this one young woman could tell us what song would be playing as we went by based on the time of day and channel. And she was almost always right. The same girl was trying to make a halloween costume of Cat Woman. Halloween is a big thing in Athens. She told me that she was using vinyl but it kept ripping. It was one of those times when you think "I hope I didn't groan out loud just then"

From FOX

Newly uncovered text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page suggest a possible coordination between high-ranking officials at the Obama White House, CIA, FBI, Justice Department and former Senate Democratic leadership in the early stages of the investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to GOP congressional investigators on Wednesday.

The investigators say the information provided to Fox News “strongly” suggests coordination between former President Barack Obama’s Chief of Staff Denis McDonough, then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, and CIA Director John Brennan — which they say would “contradict” the Obama administration’s public stance about its hand in the process.

Page texted Strzok on Aug. 2, 2016, saying: “Make sure you can lawfully protect what you sign. Just thinking about congress, foia, etc. You probably know better than me.”

Abraham Lincoln

Bob_Church

******And today it was revealed that Trump's lawyer floated the idea of offering pardons to Manafort and Flynn to entice them to not testify for Mueller.

That's nothing. When the OU Skydiving Club was going I'd give students a ride to the DZ, about 60 miles away. At every town we went by we'd pick up another radio channel but this one young woman could tell us what song would be playing as we went by based on the time of day and channel. And she was almost always right. The same girl was trying to make a halloween costume of Cat Woman. Halloween is a big thing in Athens. She told me that she was using vinyl but it kept ripping. It was one of those times when you think "I hope I didn't groan out loud just then"

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Roger Stone is one of the central figures in the collusion investigation, because he had close contact with the hackers who hacked US servers to try to smear Clinton - and he still had close connections to Trump; he was a campaign adviser for a while before he quit.

For a long time he's denied any collusion, or even contact with, Assange or Russia. But in a newly released email that he sent to senior Trump campaign official Sam Nunberg, he wrote this:

“I dined with Julian Assange last night.”

Drip drip drip.

His deception follows the usual pattern for Trump colluders:

"I never even heard of these Russian agents or hackers!"
"OK I heard of them but I had no contact with them."
"OK, I met with them but we talked about nothing! nothing!"
"OK so we talked about dirt on Clinton but we didn't get anything good."

Looks like Stone is moving on to stage 3.

To review what Trump has said about the Russian attacks on US servers:

"I notice any time anything wrong happens they like to say, the Russians, the Russians — she doesn’t know it’s the Russians doing the hacking, maybe there is no hacking. But they always blame Russia.”

“I don’t believe they interfered. That became a laughing point, not a talking point, a laughing point. Any time I do something, they say ‘oh, Russia interfered.'”

After US intelligence agencies confirmed that Russia was behind the attacks - "These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction."

“The Russia hoax continues, now it’s ads on Facebook. What about the totally biased and dishonest Media coverage in favor of Crooked Hillary?”

"Every time [Putin] sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. "

So not an attack. It wasn't the Russians. No big deal. It's all the media!

Today the FBI conducted a legal, court ordered search of his lawyer's office and hotel room. What did he have to say about that?

"It's an attack on our country. It's an attack on what we all stand for."

The FBI should have sent KGB agents instead of US law officers; Trump would have made a dozen excuses for them, then denied they were there.

Oh, I've seen a bunch of reporting about this. Very little linking it to Russiagare. But CNN does! Hence your post.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Oh, I've seen a bunch of reporting about this. Very little linking it to Russiagare. But CNN does! Hence your post.

What are your ultra-right wing nationalist sources telling you to think about this?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***Oh, I've seen a bunch of reporting about this. Very little linking it to Russiagare. But CNN does! Hence your post.

What are your ultra-right wing nationalist sources telling you to think about this?

You tell me! But I know this. I know what the left is being told what to think by CNN. Cuz it's been posted here already
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

could you post a link where CNN is tying this to the Russia investigation? The only reference to the Russia investigation is that Mueller recommended the feds in NY to take a look.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

rushmc

It is a separate investigation and has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation, other than that Mueller referred it originally.

This really just flows from Cohen and Trump not being able to keep their mouths shut.

For somebody who only hires the best people, there sure are a lot of criminals, or people under criminal investigation under his employ.

rushmc

******Oh, I've seen a bunch of reporting about this. Very little linking it to Russiagare. But CNN does! Hence your post.

You tell me! But I know this. I know what the left is being told what to think by CNN. Cuz it's been posted here already

Says the guy who just yesterday quoted Breitbart as a source.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

******Oh, I've seen a bunch of reporting about this. Very little linking it to Russiagare. But CNN does! Hence your post.

I block CNN, they're as useful as Fox for real information.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

So Trump just cancelled his upcoming trip to South America; he is very, very upset about the FBI's search of his lawyer's storage unit and hotel room. And Manafort's own people are turning against him as Trump's inner circle faces indictments, plea bargains and jail time.

A trip down memory lane:

Trump Oct 2016: “She’s likely to be under investigation for criminality for a very, very long time to come. We’re going to be tied up in court for the rest of our lives with this deal. She’s not going to win the election, but I’m just saying. If Hillary is elected, she will be under protracted criminal investigation likely followed by the trial of a sitting president. This is just what we need.”

Oct: "The investigation is the biggest political scandal since Watergate and it’s everybody’s hope that justice at last can be delivered.”

Nov: “If Hillary Clinton were to be elected, it would create an unprecedented and protracted constitutional crisis”

“Hillary is likely to be under investigation for many years, probably concluding in a criminal trial.”

“She'll be under investigation for years. She'll be with trials. Our country, we have to get back to work.”

“Hillary has engaged in a criminal massive enterprise and cover-ups like probably nobody ever before.”

“There's virtually no doubt that FBI Director Comey and the great, great special agents of the FBI will be able to collect more than enough evidence to garner indictments against Hillary Clinton and her inner circle, despite her efforts to disparage them and to discredit them. If she were to win this election, it would create an unprecedented constitutional crisis. In that situation, we could very well have a sitting president under felony indictment and ultimately a criminal trial.”

“Her current scandals and controversies will continue throughout her presidency and we will make it honestly, look, it's gonna be virtually impossible for her to govern. Now, the Republicans have talked very tough and the Democrats. It's gonna be just another mess for another four years, folks. A mess. We've got to get back to work, right? I mean, we have to get back to work.”

"Hillary Clinton will be under investigation for a long, long time for her many crimes against our nation, our people, our democracy, likely concluding in a criminal trial.”

“The investigations into her crimes will go on for a long, long time. The rank and file special agents at the FBI won't let her get away with these terrible crimes, including the deletion of 33,000 emails after receiving a congressional subpoena."

Seems like he took Goebbels' advice:

"The cleverest trick used in propaganda against Germany during the [first world] war was to accuse Germany of what our enemies themselves were doing."

Often paraphrased as ""Accuse the other side of that of which you are guilty".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

18 months ago:

"And I have to give the FBI credit . . . .It took guts for Director Comey to make the move that he made in light of the kind of opposition he had where they’re trying to protect her from criminal prosecution. You know that. It took a lot of guts."

Today:

"DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster. He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey - McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!*"

"James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH. He is a weak and untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst “botch jobs” of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!"

What a stable genius.

(* - "den of thieves and lowlifes" being the FBI. Which he once described as "FBI Director Comey and the great, great special agents of the FBI." I guess they are only great when they're investigating someone _else_.)

Today, from Kurt Eichenwald's Twitter account:

Trump: I knew nothing about Cohen payment to Stormy.

Mueller: "Really? Ok, no attorney client privilege. Cohen acted on his own. Here ya go, FBI. Raid away."

Trump: COHEN RAID IS AN ATTACK ON AMERICA!!!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Again, Trump is the dumbest business guy I ever met.

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.