2 2
billvon

Russiagate

As a point of reference, and the lies that the media puts out that you'd like to repost, remember when it was reported that Trump said the White House was a dump? I'm pretty sure it was dutifully reported someplace on this site! Anyway, if you read through comey's notes, it shows that he compares the White House very well to one of his favorite places. Just proving another media live from the sources you like to quote so often!

That's so dumb.

Trump telling Comey, while in the White House, that he likes the White House does not in any way prove that he did not tell other people while on the golf course that he didn't like the White House.

It's Trump, the braggart in chief. When he's in the WH, he wants to impress people with how good the WH is. When he's at his own place, he wants to impress people with how much better his own place is. I can't think of anything more in character for Trump than to tell Comey one thing and his golf partners another.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

>I just find it hypocritical... Crying about alleged collusion, when there's solid evidence
>THEY themselves colluded against Bernie Sanders..

On the other hand, colluding with a foreign country to swing an election to the foreign country's preferred candidate is a bit different than infighting within a political party.

Ben Shapiro (1984–) is one of the youngest and (along with Bill Still) most visible conservatives outside mainstream media. He is a pseudo-intellectual, if we have to pick a movement conservative who doesn't moonlight as a "comedian" like Steven Crowder, or an exhibitionist like Milo. He has also written several books, including a "Post-Obama thriller" called True Allegiance. Shapiro identifies as Jewish.

Ben earned his spurs as a writer for Townhall and WND, but is better-known for his close association with Andrew Breitbart—even becoming an editor (and then Editor-At-Large) for Breitbart.com. He acrimoniously resigned after Breitbart.com refused to defend one of their own reporters after she accused Corey Lewandowski (then Trump's campaign manager) of forcefully manhandling her. Since then, Shapiro has been a frequent (and pointed) critic of Steve Bannon and the alt-right movement.[2] He is perhaps best known, however, for his outspoken, direct, pseudo-intellectual, and almost entirely inaccurate criticisms of "left-wing" concepts such as white privilege and toxic masculinity.

He hosts his own podcast, the Ben Shapiro Show, which can be viewed on the YouTube channel of his website the Daily Wire
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Above is all you need to know about this nutjob.

gowlerk

I knew what you guys were going to say before you said it.

Yes it's true. We are so mean to you. We always come after you with those pesky downright evil facts. It must be terrible for you to watch the garbage right wing Trump apologists on TV and get your new marching orders on what to say. Then you come here all puffed up and attempt to spread the new version of the blather all over the page. Only to be shot down again and again by those damn facts.

But not to worry. Tomorrow there will be new versions of the lies for you to spread. A fresh layer of manure to cover your screen with and we can do it again.

Uhhhh. I never said anything about you being mean.

That all you got?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

That all you got?

Yup, all I have is truths to tear down the lies you spread. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lol

One thing's for damn sure. The truth in your world is definitely not the truth:D
Abraham Lincoln

Love it.

"The news outlets you prefer have not been talking about the late today released James Comey memos have they?"

(proof presented that RushMC is 100% wrong)

"I knew it all along!"

Now get back to Breitbart so you can copy/paste again! And whatever you do, don't read it first.

DJL

\It really was like Bernie was the only one who didn't get the memo that the deck was stacked for HRC.

Clinton had the primaries won by the beginning of March. After Super Tuesday, her lead was insurmountable for all practical purposes, because the Democratic primaries were fair enough to not include any "winner take all" states. Everyone knew it but the Bernie and his Bras, and it had zero to do with stacking the deck in Clinton's favor. Sanders simply lacked sufficient support among Democratic primary voters to have any hope at winning the nomination.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

WASHINGTON
A husband-and-wife legal team from Miami is joining President Donald Trump’s personal legal team in the special counsel's Russia investigation.

Jane Serene Raskin and Marty Raskin, two former federal prosecutors and veteran defense lawyers who have a private practice in Coral Gables, are joining Trump’s team along with former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Weinstein said the community of former federal prosecutors in Miami is small and it was known that the Raskins supported Trump. He was not surprised they were picked, but found it curious that Trump would pick lawyers from South Florida as opposed to New York or Washington.

“It raises the question that he might be looking at vulnerabilities in South Florida,” Weinstein said.

rushmc

I knew what you guys were going to say before you said it. I did watch CNN for as long as I could stomach it. You posted exactly what they wanted you to post. If you want to know what was really said in the memos look them up and read them yourself. Because the twist in spin you're putting on them is not what they say.

I don't know what universe you inhabit (maybe that of Alex Jones), but if you think that the memos do anything positive for Trump or show Comey in a bad light, you clearly aren't in our universe.

"Whatever the House Republicans thought they were doing, the release of the memos confirm (at least) four things: Trump tried to lean on Comey in inappropriate ways designed to interfere with the normal operation of the criminal-justice system; Trump is every bit as irrational and unhinged in private as we suspect; Trump is frightened that the salacious dossier allegations might be proved true; and Trump cares not at all about protecting American democracy."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

jcd11235

***\It really was like Bernie was the only one who didn't get the memo that the deck was stacked for HRC.

Clinton had the primaries won by the beginning of March. After Super Tuesday, her lead was insurmountable for all practical purposes, because the Democratic primaries were fair enough to not include any "winner take all" states. Everyone knew it but the Bernie and his Bras, and it had zero to do with stacking the deck in Clinton's favor. Sanders simply lacked sufficient support among Democratic primary voters to have any hope at winning the nomination.

I'm saying that even way back at the beginning there was an spoken agreement that it was Hillary's year. I'm sure there's a D Senator or Governor who could've made a serious candidate. I think the only reason Bernie stayed is his pop fame with Democrats and because he wasn't Hillary. I still think she was one of the most capable candidates we've seen for a long time but the fact is that it's not good enough, you also have to win.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

I'm saying that even way back at the beginning there was an spoken agreement that it was Hillary's year. I'm sure there's a D Senator or Governor who could've made a serious candidate.

Only Clinton, Warren, and Biden were viable potential nominees. No one else had a chance with voters who pay attention to politics in non-presidential-election-years. Unfortunately, both Biden and Warren refrained from running, so Clinton was left with no serious challenger for the nomination.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

DJL

******\It really was like Bernie was the only one who didn't get the memo that the deck was stacked for HRC.

I'm saying that even way back at the beginning there was an spoken agreement that it was Hillary's year. I'm sure there's a D Senator or Governor who could've made a serious candidate. I think the only reason Bernie stayed is his pop fame with Democrats and because he wasn't Hillary. I still think she was one of the most capable candidates we've seen for a long time but the fact is that it's not good enough, you also have to win.

I think Sanders was just smoke, to make it look like they were actually having a primary but without any risk of someone who could actually beat her.

I have got to say that the lack of posts on this thread are probably related directly to the reporting that you may be seeing on your preferred news sites.

The upcoming indictments that may be coming are going to make this thread get very quiet or very fun. Depending on which side you are on correct?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I have got to say that the lack of posts on this thread are probably related directly to the reporting that you may be seeing on your preferred news sites.

The upcoming indictments that may be coming are going to make this thread get very quiet or very fun. Depending on which side you are on correct?

“The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

the lack of posts has little to do with the progress of an investigation. It's not like the FBI is on leave or something. Last time I checked, there were still dozens of indictments, and several people up on charges, loads of guilty pleas, and even one sentencing already.

It's not like Manafort is going to trial tomorrow or anything like that. But he IS going to trial, and he MOST LIKELY is going to jail. I am patient, and I will wait for the investigations to conclude, and I am not interested in your trolls prodding why nothing appears to be happening.

there is plenty happening. it is just really boring investigative work.

As the Trumpies continue with the "there was NO COLLUSION between the Trump campaign and Russia!" mantra, we hear this from the House:

====================
Wylie to House Dems: Bannon ordered Putin messaging tests
By ASHLEY GOLD 04/25/2018
Politico

Former Trump campaign CEO and White House chief strategist Steve Bannon ordered Cambridge Analytica staff to test messaging around Russian President Vladimir Putin and Russian expansion in 2014, Cambridge Analytica whisteblower Christopher Wylie told House Democrats this week.

“It was the only foreign issue, or foreign leader, I should say, being tested at the time I was there,” Wylie told Democrats from the House Judiciary and Oversight committees, according to excerpts the lawmakers released Wednesday drawn from a Tuesday briefing with Wylie. Under Bannon’s instruction, the firm discussed Putin with focus groups and was “also testing images of Vladimir Putin and asking questions about Russian expansion in Eastern Europe,” Wylie said.
====================

So NO COLLUSION! The work that the Trump campaign was doing for Putin had NOTHING TO DO with cooperation with Putin!

Plot thickens:

thehill.com/policy/national-security/385156-lawyer-from-trump-tower-meeting-had-closer-ties-to-russia-than

Meanwhile the GOP toady-in-chief in the House attempts a whitewash.

www.npr.org/2018/04/27/606351800/house-intelligence-gop-releases-full-report-clearing-trump-in-russia-imbroglio

Ex-CIA chief: 'Highly partisan' House Intel report means nothing

Former CIA Director John Brennan slammed the House Intelligence Committee’s final report on their Russia investigation, calling it “highly partisan” and that it “means nothing.”

“A highly partisan, incomplete, and deeply flawed report by a broken House Committee means nothing,” Brennan tweeted. The Special Counsel’s work is being carried out by professional investigators—not political staffers. SC’s findings will be comprehensive & authoritative. Stay tuned, Mr. Trump….”
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/385185-ex-cia-chief-highly-partisan-house-intel-report-means-nothing

From the story:

=========
Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. and others at Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential race, appears to have greater ties to the Russian government than she previously admitted.

"Since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general.”
=========

So the woman who offered dirt on Clinton to the Trump campaign - and whom the campaign met with, and then tried to conceal the meeting - was working with the Russian government.

But there's NO COLLUSION!

billvon

From the story:

=========
Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. and others at Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential race, appears to have greater ties to the Russian government than she previously admitted.

"Since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general.”
=========

So the woman who offered dirt on Clinton to the Trump campaign - and whom the campaign met with, and then tried to conceal the meeting - was working with the Russian government.

But there's NO COLLUSION!

I still don't think the Don Jr. crowd was sophisticated enough to know what to do with that whole ordeal. Anyone with any chops in politics would know that they need to go straight to the FBI when they got that first email, these guys were still acting like they were helping out with another show for dad.

DJL

I still don't think the Don Jr. crowd was sophisticated enough to know what to do with that whole ordeal. Anyone with any chops in politics would know that they need to go straight to the FBI when they got that first email, these guys were still acting like they were helping out with another show for dad.

They have made it very clear that they don't believe the law applies to them.

And if it starts getting a bit close, then Daddy just pays off the prosecutor, like he does for himself.

It may get a bit more difficult here, because I don't think Mueller is running for any office, so 'campaign donations' aren't an option.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

They have made it very clear that they don't believe the law applies to them.

And if it starts getting a bit close, then Daddy just pays off the prosecutor, like he does for himself.

It may get a bit more difficult here, because I don't think Mueller is running for any office, so 'campaign donations' aren't an option.

Seems like they have no idea what to do if they can't fuck you over by not paying their bill.

>I still don't think the Don Jr. crowd was sophisticated enough to know what to do with that
>whole ordeal.

That may well be true; NEARS syndrome was certainly evident in Trump's team from the beginning.

But afterwards they certainly did know what they _should_ be doing. If they knew it was unsavory enough to cover up (and if Trump participated by trying to mislead the public on the content of the meeting) they're not going to be able to argue "well, we just didn't know it was wrong."

There is no crime called "collusion." The applicable crimes are things like fraud and espionage. Collusion is a word defined as secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy - especially in order to cheat or deceive others. So in this case we have the Trump campaign meeting with the Russians in order to get dirt on Clinton. This alone isn't collusion - and had they had the meeting and reported it to the State Department this would today be a non-issue.

But they didn't. They tried to keep it a secret, in order to deceive voters over what sources they were seeking for their dirt on Clinton. And that makes it collusion. Secret meetings with Russian agents to seek dirt on a political opponent is pretty much the textbook definition of collusion. The other evidence - the Russian government ties of the woman they met with, the campaign's polling efforts for Putin, their support of Russian hackers, their attempts to mitigate the effects of US sanctions against Russia, their support of Putin's policies, the Trump team's financial crimes concerning Russia - merely provide additional evidence that the Trump campaign did indeed have close, mutually beneficial relationships with Russia, and provide additional evidence as to how often they lied to investigators to keep all the above secret.

Note that Nixon, who up until now has been the poster boy for criminal activity by the government, was never indicted or convicted of any crimes associated with the Watergate break-in. He was impeached because of the conspiracy with his inner circle to deceive and impede investigators who were looking into that break-in.

It's also informative to examine what else was going on with Nixon at the time. He was desperately trying to put the incident behind him, saying things like "people have got to know whether or not their President is a crook. Well, I’m not a crook." There were questions about Nixon's mental health; Goldwater wrote a note that said "I have reason to suspect that all might not be well mentally in the White House. This is the only copy that will ever be made of this; it will be locked in my safe." Nixon kept making the argument that the investigation had to end so he could "get back to work" and kept announcing that this or that event meant that the investigation was over.

At the same time, there were several concurrent investigations into Nixon's improper use of government agencies, his accepting gifts in office and irregularities with his personal finances and taxes.

When the articles of impeachment were published, they included these accusations:

===========
Richard M. Nixon, using the powers of his high office, engaged personally and through his close subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or plan designed to delay, impede, and obstruct the investigation of such illegal entry [into the Watergate hotel]; to cover up, conceal and protect those responsible; and to conceal the existence and scope of other unlawful covert activities . . .

[Nixon] repeatedly engaged in conduct violating the constitutional rights of citizens, impairing the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, or contravening the laws governing agencies of the executive branch and the purposed of these agencies. . .

[Nixon]failed without lawful cause or excuse to produce papers and things as directed by duly authorized subpoenas issued by the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives on April 11, 1974, May 15, 1974, May 30, 1974, and June 24, 1974, and willfully disobeyed such subpoenas.
============

So again, it was the coverup of the crime, not the crime itself.

Now, even with all those similarities, I don't think Trump will be impeached. Republicans have abandoned any pretense of governmental responsibility or morality, and they will support "their guy" no matter what. This will, overall, cripple the Republican party - by defending and protecting Trump they will carry the taint of his misdeeds, and that will hound them for a long time. But that's long term thinking, something that Republicans (and often Democrats as well) don't do very much of.

Also, as others have noted, there may be value in having the US suffer through four years of Trump; they won't soon forget the lessons of their mistake.

You guys are going to be so fucking disappointed in the near future date even funny.

Just keep watching CNN and MSNBC. They'll keep you on an even Keel I'm sure:S

Abraham Lincoln