2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Hey Bill, I just got to wonder when you're going to close this thread down? Nothing there, nothing will be there, more to come out next week it seems!

Where are you headed next?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Evidently there are still pockets of America where Fox news is not broadcast. Evidently some trumpateers still believe the lies.

Fox News Poll: Mueller likely to find Trump offenses, Trump likely to fire him
"Most voters think it is important to continue investigating whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia -- but more believe President Trump will fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller before he’s done.

About two-thirds, 67 percent in the latest Fox News poll, say it is at least somewhat important the investigation continues, and 56 percent think it’s likely that Mueller’s probe will find Donald Trump committed criminal or impeachable offenses.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/25/fox-news-poll-mueller-likely-to-find-trump-offenses-trump-likely-to-fire-him.html

and for the believers:
"One can fool some men, or fool all men in some places and times, but one cannot fool all men in all places and ages."
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/12/11/cannot-fool/

Trump gets the all-clear from the Republican house investigation and tweets that there was "NO COLLUSION!"

Is that what it really says? All good Trump supporters say "yes" of course. But how about the people who actually did the investigation who are retiring soon and thus have no Trump base to pander to?

========================
House Intel Member Gowdy: ‘I Am Awaiting The Mueller Investigation’
By Matt Shuham TPM

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) said Sunday that he places more faith in federal investigators’ conclusions on Russian election meddling than those of Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, of which he is a member.

“The President, when he looks at your report, feels vindicated,” CBS’ “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan told Gowdy in an interview. “Are you saying he should not?”

“I want to be careful how I phrase this,” Gowdy responded. “No report— The best we can do is say what we’ve learned.”

“I can’t say what’s in the universe of witnesses we have not talked to,” he continued. “And I have always maintained I am awaiting the Mueller investigation. They get to use a grand jury. They have investigative tools that we don’t have.”

“Executive branch investigations are just better than congressional ones. So we found no evidence of collusion. Whether or not it exists or not, I can’t speak to, because I haven’t interviewed the full panoply of witnesses.”
==========================

In other words, the House investigation didn't talk to all the witnesses. They didn't have the tools. And Trey Gowdy wants to make very clear that if Mueller finds something - it wasn't his fault that they missed it!

billvon

In other words, the House investigation didn't talk to all the witnesses. They didn't have the tools. And Trey Gowdy wants to make very clear that if Mueller finds something - it wasn't his fault that they missed it!

IOOW (in other, other words), they didn't really look all that hard and didn't find anything.

When someone who is looking hard finds something, all the Trumpettes are going to point to that and say the evidence is all made up.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

IOOW (in other, other words), they didn't really look all that hard and didn't find anything.

When someone who is looking hard finds something, all the Trumpettes are going to point to that and say the evidence is all made up.

Or you don't let the fox guard the henhouse. If ever there was a GREAT argument for a free press. For check after check on the power of the state. This would be it. Hopefully an author will pen a book about the lack of consideration to duties of elected officials. About how honest Abe became lying trump. All because of populism, xenophobia and the abandonment of real republican ideals.

Phil1111

Or you don't let the fox guard the henhouse. If ever there was a GREAT argument for a free press. For check after check on the power of the state. This would be it. Hopefully an author will pen a book about the lack of consideration to duties of elected officials. About how honest Abe became lying trump. All because of populism, xenophobia and the abandonment of real republican ideals.

Oh absolutely.

Why do you think Trump puts so much effort into calling every criticism of him 'Fake News'?

Why does he spend so much time trying to discredit the press?

It's because he knows perfectly well that if the truth ever really gets told, he's toast.

And, of course, the 'true believers' fall into lockstep (goosestep?) with him. Any news story they don't like becomes 'fake'.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Trump channels Nixon in his daily rant:

"A Rigged System - They don’t want to turn over Documents to Congress. What are they afraid of? Why so much redacting? Why such unequal “justice?” At some point I will have no choice but to use the powers granted to the Presidency and get involved!"

Sounds like he's the one who is afraid. Very, very afraid that Mueller will uncover what he's been doing.

In other news, Trump tweeted this a few days ago:

"So disgraceful that the questions concerning the Russian Witch Hunt were “leaked” to the media. No questions on Collusion. Oh, I see...you have a made up, phony crime, Collusion, that never existed, and an investigation begun with illegally leaked classified information. Nice!"

Only problem is that it's looking more and more like the Trump administration leaked them. Which not only makes his above tweet look like he is very out of touch, it may even be criminal:

=============
Nixon White House counsel: It could be obstruction if Trump team leaked Mueller questions
BY MORGAN GSTALTER - 05/01/18 09:03 AM EDT 431
The Hill

President Nixon’s White House counsel John Dean on Monday said that if the Trump administration leaked questions from special counsel Robert Mueller it could qualify as obstruction of justice.

The New York Times reported Monday that it obtained a list of nearly 50 questions Mueller would like to ask Trump as part of the investigation into Russian interference and possible collusion during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Dean responded to the leaked questions by saying they may have come from the Trump administration.

“The very fact that the questions are out there, my first reaction, suggesting it could be an act of obstruction to just have released these questions,” Dean said of the Trump administration.
=============

Of course, at this point, what's one more crime?

billvon

Trump channels Nixon in his daily rant:

"A Rigged System - They don’t want to turn over Documents to Congress. What are they afraid of? Why so much redacting? Why such unequal “justice?” At some point I will have no choice but to use the powers granted to the Presidency and get involved!"

Sounds like he's the one who is afraid. Very, very afraid that Mueller will uncover what he's been doing.

In other news, Trump tweeted this a few days ago:

"So disgraceful that the questions concerning the Russian Witch Hunt were “leaked” to the media. No questions on Collusion. Oh, I see...you have a made up, phony crime, Collusion, that never existed, and an investigation begun with illegally leaked classified information. Nice!"

Only problem is that it's looking more and more like the Trump administration leaked them. Which not only makes his above tweet look like he is very out of touch, it may even be criminal:

=============
Nixon White House counsel: It could be obstruction if Trump team leaked Mueller questions
BY MORGAN GSTALTER - 05/01/18 09:03 AM EDT 431
The Hill

President Nixon’s White House counsel John Dean on Monday said that if the Trump administration leaked questions from special counsel Robert Mueller it could qualify as obstruction of justice.

The New York Times reported Monday that it obtained a list of nearly 50 questions Mueller would like to ask Trump as part of the investigation into Russian interference and possible collusion during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Dean responded to the leaked questions by saying they may have come from the Trump administration.

“The very fact that the questions are out there, my first reaction, suggesting it could be an act of obstruction to just have released these questions,” Dean said of the Trump administration.
=============

Of course, at this point, what's one more crime?

Mueller's former assistant says grammatical errors prove leaked questions came from Trump
“Because of the way these questions are written ... lawyers wouldn’t write questions this way, in my estimation. Some of the grammar is not even proper," he continued. "So, I don’t see this as a list of written questions that Mueller’s office gave to the president. I think these are more notes that the White House has taken and then they have expanded upon the conversation to write out these as questions.”
[/url]http://thehill.com/homenews/news/385602-muellers-former-assistant-says-grammatical-errors-prove-leaked-questions-came[url]

The backroom boys from Breitbart that work for trump don't use Windows software. They use the Kaspersky Labs "OKHO" . Which of course doesn't mean hos(prostitutes) are OK. OKHO means windows in Russian.

That's why the grammar and spelling are so bad.

Who is Michael Caputo and What Can He Tell Us?
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/05/21/who-is-michael-caputo-and-what-can-he-tell-us/

A former Trump campaign aide,Michael Caputo, former Trump communications adviser. Was interviewed by Mueller and said:

-the probe is “still really focused on Russia collusion.”

-“They know more about the Trump campaign than anyone who ever worked there,”

-”The Senate and the House are net fishing,”...“The special counsel is spearfishing. They know what they are aiming at and are deadly accurate.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/385958-ex-trump-aide-mueller-is-still-really-focused-on-russian-collusion

Is there any doubt that according to trump's Chief of Staff, General Kelly has said that trump is "becoming unhinged".

I have to say, this is the most entertaining thread that I have ever paid attention to!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I have to say, this is the most entertaining thread that I have ever paid attention to!

Rush, what do you think are valid reasons for impeachment?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DanG

I'll answer for rushmc.

Pretty much just blow jobs. Everything else is perfectly acceptable.

I've got to disagree with a lot of what gets said about that. Michael Moore of course keeps saying that Clinton got a blow job, so what, Kennedy had sex with Marylin Monroe.

Personally, I can see a difference between a successful man taking a successful wealthy woman within a few years of his age to a fancy resort and the two of them getting into bed and having sex, and on the other hand the Ultimate Boss of the United States having his 19 year old intern, who refers to him as The Creep, get on her knees behind the copy machine and put his dick in her mouth.

Bob Church

Personally, I can see a difference between a successful man taking a successful wealthy woman within a few years of his age to a fancy resort and the two of them getting into bed and having sex, and on the other hand the Ultimate Boss of the United States having his 19 year old intern, who refers to him as The Creep, get on her knees behind the copy machine and put his dick in her mouth.

27 vs 60 years old is "within a few years of his age?"

Wow. Both were gross. Both led to titanic lies. But to think that 33 years difference is just "a few years" . . . just wow. (Clinton was 27 years older than Lewinsky BTW)

And I also see difference between an office affair and an affair that a politician paid $130,000 to hush up so that the American people would not know who they were voting for.

billvon

27 vs 60 years old is "within a few years of his age?"

Wow. Both were gross. Both led to titanic lies. But to think that 33 years difference is just "a few years" . . . just wow. (Clinton was 27 years older than Lewinsky BTW)

And I also see difference between an office affair and an affair that a politician paid $130,000 to hush up so that the American people would not know who they were voting for.

JFK died when he was 47 so this post is bizarre even for you.

Bob_Church

***I'll answer for rushmc.

I've got to disagree with a lot of what gets said about that. Michael Moore of course keeps saying that Clinton got a blow job, so what, Kennedy had sex with Marylin Monroe.

Bob Church

I don't get what the deal is with either, to be honest.

No laws have been broken. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that the president has to be faithful.
Consensual sexual acts between adults are non of the people's business, IMO. UNTIL that business starts to affect the ability of said person to do their job.

Personally, I don't believe either are worth of impeachment.

Re: the age difference - if someone is over 18 it's their choice to get with someone much older and they have to live with the consequences. That some people (myself included) are grossed out by the idea has absolutely nothing to do with the application of the law.

yoink

******I'll answer for rushmc.

Bob Church

I don't get what the deal is with either, to be honest.

No laws have been broken. Nowhere in the constitution does it say that the president has to be faithful.
Consensual sexual acts between adults are non of the people's business, IMO. UNTIL that business starts to affect the ability of said person to do their job.

Personally, I don't believe either are worth of impeachment.

Re: the age difference - if someone is over 18 it's their choice to get with someone much older and they have to live with the consequences. That some people (myself included) are grossed out by the idea has absolutely nothing to do with the application of the law.

Between Kennedy, who Michael Moore and many other apologists like to go on about and use as their primary defense of Clinton, Clinton and Trump I think Clinton's was the bad one, but I was still against impeachment. What bothered me with Clinton was where consent and force begin and end when it's a 19 year old intern and the President of the US and he decides if she keeps her job or not.

Bob_Church

What bothered me with Clinton was where consent and force begin and end when it's a 19 year old intern and the President of the US and he decides if she keeps her job or not.

Monica Lewinsky was born in 1973.
She worked at the WH from 1995-1996.
My math says she was 22-23.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

What bothered me with Clinton was where consent and force begin and end when it's a 19 year old intern and the President of the US and he decides if she keeps her job or not.

Monica Lewinsky was born in 1973.
She worked at the WH from 1995-1996.
My math says she was 22-23.

I'd always thought 19, but you're right, thanks.

There has never been any hint that Lewinsky needed to do it to keep her job. She always has said that she wanted the relationship. In other words, she was seduced. But that does not change the fact that Clinton was a classic hound dog and made full use of the aura of power that surrounded him. And that was the inappropriate part. The illegal part was perjuring himself. Even Trump has not done that. Yet.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.