2 2
billvon

Russiagate

billvon

>He is currently defending him!

Of course he is tweeting that he does. But don't forget - historically, most of what he says is false.

Once Trump Jr. goes down for this, Trump will distance himself as much as possible. "Look, I support him 100% - but I didn't know about the meeting, I wasn't there, and it had nothing to do with me. It was all him."

Actually
Most of what you post about him is what is false
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

It would be interesting to hear what you think those emails show? What is your analysis of them?

Which email ?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You really do make this easy Rush - did you notice how Trump made a specific point of stating that it was just a Russian lawyer, not a Russian government lawyer? Do you think that's because there would be something pretty dodgy about meeting with a Russian government lawyer?

Because the email chain explicitly told Trump Jr that the meeting he was setting up was going to be with "The Russian government attorney":S

Oh, and it's also the first sighting of a brand new excuse - "he was in the meeting but wasn't paying attention":D:D:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

***It would be interesting to hear what you think those emails show? What is your analysis of them?

Which email ?

Oh it's just so cute when you think you're being clever!B|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

>He is currently defending him!

Of course he is tweeting that he does. But don't forget - historically, most of what he says is false.

Once Trump Jr. goes down for this, Trump will distance himself as much as possible. "Look, I support him 100% - but I didn't know about the meeting, I wasn't there, and it had nothing to do with me. It was all him."

Perhaps we could get Joe Pete LaRusso (Bail Bondsman and SOS skydiver) to send Trump one of his tee shirts that says:

"I Didn't Do It
It Wasn't Me'
I Wasn't Even There"

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

SkyDekker

Ah, that explains it.

Jrs email?

the ones that I supplied the link to?

what about them?

Nothing incriminating there!

If you think otherwise state the broken statue?

But, you will not be able to because no one else can either.

Political blunder? Yes
Criminal act? :D:D
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

You really do make this easy Rush - did you notice how Trump made a specific point of stating that it was just a Russian lawyer, not a Russian government lawyer? Do you think that's because there would be something pretty dodgy about meeting with a Russian government lawyer?

Because the email chain explicitly told Trump Jr that the meeting he was setting up was going to be with "The Russian government attorney":S

Oh, and it's also the first sighting of a brand new excuse - "he was in the meeting but wasn't paying attention":D:D:D

Your disappointment when this all blows over is going to be extreme.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Ah, that explains it.

Jrs email?

the ones that I supplied the link to?

what about them?

Nothing incriminating there!

If you think otherwise state the broken statue?

But, you will not be able to because no one else can either.

Political blunder? Yes
Criminal act? :D:D

The question is if it breaks the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 as amended.

There are lawyers who say he did, there are lawyers who say he didn't. From my reading of the act, I think he did. I could explain to you why, but would likely just get some stupid one liner with an emoji in response.

It kind of blows me off that it escapes some people that politicians of any stripe are narcissistic wankers. It reminds me of the Onion tee shirt that says 'the sports team from my area is superior to the sports team from our area.'

At least with the Onion it's a joke.

The fact that people get all breathless saying 'the guy/gal/other that I oppose is a complete asshole!' simply amazes me. So what else is new?

News flash - the guy/gal/other that you support is equally an asshole.

Being a misanthrope helps to keep one's outlook balanced, if unfair.

As you were.

>It kind of blows me off that it escapes some people that politicians of any stripe
>are narcissistic wankers.

This sort of false equivalency is odd, but I guess understandable. It takes away personal responsibility for any outcome.

"Well, sure, I supported Jim Jones. But all those religious sorts are just as bad. Certainly not a mistake on my part."

billvon

>It kind of blows me off that it escapes some people that politicians of any stripe

This sort of false equivalency is odd, but I guess understandable. It takes away personal responsibility for any outcome.

"Well, sure, I supported Jim Jones. But all those religious sorts are just as bad. Certainly not a mistake on my part."

It's like someone who bitches about beavers but tolerates termites.

In the long run the Catholic Church has made ISIS look like rank amateurs when it comes to death and destruction, but there is the appearance of civilization that makes it 'acceptable.' It is beyond ironic that the symbol of the Roman organization that ostensibly follows a nice Jewish boy is the means by which Rome executed him.

The People's Temple was acute, Christianity in general is chronic; Jonestown resolved itself in short order, but the various sects that persist are orders of magnitude more destructive in the long run.

winsor

***>It kind of blows me off that it escapes some people that politicians of any stripe

It's like someone who bitches about beavers but tolerates termites.

More like thinking being ripped off for $5 by a street kid is equivalent to being scammed out of $500,000 by Bernie Madoff.

From that arch pinko-liberal lefty Charles Krauthammer:

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bungled-collusion-is-still-collusion/2017/07/13/68c7f72a-67f3-11e7-8eb5-cbccc2e7bfbf_story.html?utm_term=.379cd71c1243&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

"Bungled collusion is still collusion"

Well, now there's a death.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-activist-who-sought-clinton-emails-killed-self-1500002994?mod=e2fb
WSJ article, sometimes these links only go to a paywall.

Peter W. Smith, a Republican political activist and financier from Chicago who mounted an effort to obtain former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails from Russian hackers, died on May 14 after asphyxiating himself in a hotel room in Rochester, Minn...

...a pile of documents and a statement that police called a suicide note were found with his body. The note said that Mr. Smith had been ill and that he held a life-insurance policy that was due to expire, the Tribune reported.

Mr. Smith apologized in the note and said that “no foul play whatsoever” had occurred with his death, according to the Tribune...

Well, obviously, if the note found by the body says that there was no foul play, then nothing suspicious happened.

Could be he was really sick. Could be he saw the writing on the wall and knew what was coming with respect to Russia and Trump, could be that he was killed to silence him.

I honestly don't know which, but given the conspiracy stories that surrounded Vince Foster's death, Alex Jones and his ilk should be foaming at the mouth...

Except that it's their guy this time.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>It's like someone who bitches about beavers but tolerates termites.

"That beaver toppled that tree and took out my car, and I didn't even know he was out there! Well, there's certainly nothing anyone can do about termites, then. They're all the same. It blows me away that people think there is any difference."

Well, that didn't take long.

July 10. Mark Corallo (Trump's legal spokesman) - "The President was not aware of, and did not attend, the meeting."

Trump on Air Force 1 July 13: "In fact maybe it was mentioned at some point."

He is having more and more trouble keeping his lies straight.