2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Kellyanne: "We were promised systemic — hard evidence of systemic, sustained, furtive collusion that not only interfered with our election process but indeed dictated the electoral outcome."

No, she wasn't promised anything of the sort. Just plain old, run of the mill collusion. You know, the kind she's been denying since day one.

But it does look like the White House is following the same path that right wingers here follow:

1) There was no collusion
2) OK there was collusion but it wasn't so bad.
3) Clinton did it first.

(Although to be fair Trump reversed the order a bit; he went 1 3 2.)

Or a better analogy I heard on the radio this morning:

[paraphrase]
A guy gets invited to an orgy. He goes there and finds what was really going on was simply a book club. He cannot say to his wife that he he wasn't cheating
[/paraphrase]

Although the one I like better was describing a drug sting. Someone offers to sell you cocaine. You say, "sure, I love it!". You set up the meeting and go, but the person gives you a cookie. You can still get busted for trying to buy illegal drugs.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

>Although the one I like better was describing a drug sting. Someone offers to sell
>you cocaine. You say, "sure, I love it!". You set up the meeting and go, but the
>person gives you a cookie. You can still get busted for trying to buy illegal drugs.

And imagine that happens - the kid goes to the meeting and comes out an hour later. Then ten minutes later his dad tweets "lots of kids doing cocaine these days."

Then the cops get a lead. And the kid says "I NEVER EVER went to any meetings like that. It's DISGUSTING that cops are such dishonest pigs that they would impugn me like that."

Then the cops get a little more info and the kid says "OK I went to that meeting with a drug dealer but I didn't know she was a drug dealer and we didn't talk about drugs. At all."

Then a day later the kid says "OK so she said she wanted to sell me drugs, and that's why I went to the meeting. But she TOTALLY didn't sell me any drugs while I was there. We just talked about some poor orphans."

At what point do you start believing the cops and not the kid?

billvon

>Although the one I like better was describing a drug sting. Someone offers to sell
>you cocaine. You say, "sure, I love it!". You set up the meeting and go, but the
>person gives you a cookie. You can still get busted for trying to buy illegal drugs.

And imagine that happens - the kid goes to the meeting and comes out an hour later. Then ten minutes later his dad tweets "lots of kids doing cocaine these days."

Then the cops get a lead. And the kid says "I NEVER EVER went to any meetings like that. It's DISGUSTING that cops are such dishonest pigs that they would impugn me like that."

Then the cops get a little more info and the kid says "OK I went to that meeting with a drug dealer but I didn't know she was a drug dealer and we didn't talk about drugs. At all."

Then a day later the kid says "OK so she said she wanted to sell me drugs, and that's why I went to the meeting. But she TOTALLY didn't sell me any drugs while I was there. She just gave me a cookie!"

At what point do you start believing the cops and not the kid?

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Today's new lie:

Apparently there were actually eight people in the meeting, not the four that Trump Jr implied. One of the extra people was Rinat Akhmetshin. Chuck Grassley, the Republican senator serving as the head of the judiciary committee, described the guy as "a Russian immigrant to the United States who has been accused of acting as an unregistered agent for Russian interests and apparently has ties to Russian intelligence."

Waiting for RushMC to say "big nothingburger! He was just a Russian intelligange agent, like that manes anything. LOL!"

Well, obviously, if the note found by the body says that there was no foul play, then nothing suspicious happened.

Could be he was really sick. Could be he saw the writing on the wall and knew what was coming with respect to Russia and Trump, could be that he was killed to silence him.

I honestly don't know which, but given the conspiracy stories that surrounded Vince Foster's death, Alex Jones and his ilk should be foaming at the mouth...

It's obvious what happened. This guy had hard evidence that Trump and his whole family did absolutely nothing wrong, and before he could publically clear their names, the Clintons killed him for it. Another bloodstain on their hands, and another corpse left in their trail of destruction.

How anyone can support those evil liberals in the face of such ironclad evidence is beyond me:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

kallend

I don't credit Trump with lying. I think he makes it up as he goes along, and whether or not what he says is 'factual' is rather an abstraction to him.

He is not disingenuous so much as batshit crazy.

kallend

Shep has been calling out Trump for awhile now. . .

But you still don't get it. Most of those on the right don't care. They are so pissed off with the left, that they just want vengeance at all costs - or at least stifle the liberal progression of this country.

...and they're winning.

The focus is now on Trump rather than our typical divisive issues - and since Trump is an "outsider," any time he fucks up, he'll just claim ignorance and all is forgiven - And any legitimate criticism will just be drowned out by hoards of liberal nonsense, eg., "he gets off on dehydrated russian sex slaves pissings on his face, hence his skin tone!" Because you know, only that type of stuff is worthy of facebook - who cares about Russian collusion? Who cares about classified info on a private server?:S

correcceo

Shep has been calling out Trump for awhile now. . .

But you still don't get it. Most of those on the right don't care. They are so pissed off with the left, that they just want vengeance at all costs - or at least stifle the liberal progression of this country.

...and they're winning.

The focus is now on Trump rather than our typical divisive issues - and since Trump is an "outsider," any time he fucks up, he'll just claim ignorance and all is forgiven - And any legitimate criticism will just be drowned out by hoards of liberal nonsense, eg., "he gets off on dehydrated russian sex slaves pissings on his face, hence his skin tone!" Because you know, only that type of stuff is worthy of facebook - who cares about Russian collusion? Who cares about classified info on a private server?:S

Mostly right. But the horse that the republican party has hooked its wagon to ain't going anywhere. Because the reins are attached to the horses ass instead of its head.

Offshore stranded profits repatriation legislation?
Infrastructure program?
Tax reform?

All in the back of the wagon and thats where they will be for .....??

they want vengeance at all costs

Kind of like in an ugly divorce, where the only person to come out ahead is the lawyer :S, who's often busy manipulating his or her client to maximize their own profit, and not the client's.

Make sure they have an enemy, and give them the impression of beating the enemy, and they won't care about the cost of the "win."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

winsor

I don't credit Trump with lying. I think he makes it up as he goes along, and whether or not what he says is 'factual' is rather an abstraction to him.

He is not disingenuous so much as batshit crazy.

agreed - also symptom #65 of a narcissistic sociopath.

>Fox News discovers that Trump lies and lies...

RushMC and company will now add another organization to the list of "lying liberal media." They are down to Breitbart, Alex Jones, Stormfront and the National Enquirer. (And, of course, wattsupwiththat when the issue is climate change.)

Today's scapegoat - the Secret Service.

========
Jay Sekulow, a member of President Donald Drumpf’s legal team, on Sunday aired a new defense for Donald Drumpf Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer who promised him damaging information on Hillary Clinton: The Secret Service should not have “allowed these people in” to meet with Drumpf’s eldest son.
========

This conflicts a bit with Trump's claim that it was Obama's fault:

========
The president then attempted to blame the meeting on the Obama administration, pointing out that the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, was approved to enter the US by former Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

"Somebody said that her visa or her passport to come into the country was approved by Attorney General Lynch," Trump said. "Now, maybe that's wrong. I just heard that a little while ago, I was surprised to hear that. She was here because of Lynch."
========

So Trump Jr did nothing wrong. And if he did, Trump knew nothing about it and wasn't there. And it's Obama's fault anyway. Or the Secret Service for not preventing his son from doing something illegal.

I can't wait until next week. Who will he blame next? Clinton? Comey? Oprah? The Pope?

"Somebody said that her visa or her passport to come into the country was approved by Attorney General Lynch," Trump said. "Now, maybe that's wrong. I just heard that a little while ago, I was surprised to hear that. She was here because of Lynch."

My god he just finds new ways to be a total cockmuffin, doesn't he? "Somebody said... maybe that's wrong... I just heard it..." Want to try weaselling any harder on that one?

He's the fucking President and he's passing on watercooler gossip? How about, shout down the hall to where your entire West Wing staff are working and get one of them to find out. You'd have a solid answer in 15 minutes.

How on earth did this slimy puddle of oozing discharge masquerading as a sentient human ever manage to get to this position?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

My god he just finds new ways to be a total cockmuffin, doesn't he? "Somebody said... maybe that's wrong... I just heard it..." Want to try weaselling any harder on that one?

He's the fucking President and he's passing on watercooler gossip? How about, shout down the hall to where your entire West Wing staff are working and get one of them to find out. You'd have a solid answer in 15 minutes.

How on earth did this slimy puddle of oozing discharge masquerading as a sentient human ever manage to get to this position?

61 million ignorant, gullible and/or stupid Americans voted for him.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

or 61 million that want a change in old time politics and were so desperate for change that they were mistaken. Or didn't care about possible results because old time politics wasn't seen as working for them.

More likely it was 61 million Americans who Hillary and Democrats have ignored or called ignorant, gullible, stupid and deplorable.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

Jr had no secret service protection at that point - was Daddy there too???

It is an interesting point. Secret Service has confirmed that Jr. didn't have protection at the time.

Though I think the lawyer was just speaking to the average Trump supporter. They tend to be too stupid to think for themselves.

DJL

More likely it was 61 million Americans who Hillary and Democrats have ignored or called ignorant, gullible, stupid and deplorable.

Well, if they believed (among other things) that Obama was Kenyan and Muslim, Hilary was responsible for the deaths at Benghazi, Trump was a successful businessman or that the Russians had nothing to do with the campaign, then they are ignorant, stupid and gullible.

If they believe that Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists and that it's ok to treat women like objects, then they are deplorable.

I have to admit that it was a hell of an eye opener to realize how many people are either or both of the above.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Phil1111

or 61 million that want a change in old time politics and were so desperate for change that they were mistaken. Or didn't care about possible results because old time politics wasn't seen as working for them.

I wonder how Trump-time politics are working for them. 36% approval rating and 58% disapproval suggests, maybe, not so well.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wolfriverjoe

Well, if they believed (among other things) that Obama was Kenyan and Muslim, Hilary was responsible for the deaths at Benghazi, Trump was a successful businessman or that the Russians had nothing to do with the campaign, then they are ignorant, stupid and gullible.

If they believe that Mexicans are rapists, Muslims are terrorists and that it's ok to treat women like objects, then they are deplorable.

I have to admit that it was a hell of an eye opener to realize how many people are either or both of the above.

They're also constituents who need to be represented. If they can't be convinced then the message wasn't good enough. Hillary shot herself in the foot every time she said something insulting to them or said that coal miners would lose their jobs.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

They're also constituents who need to be represented. If they can't be convinced then the message wasn't good enough. Hillary shot herself in the foot every time she said something insulting to them or said that coal miners would lose their jobs.

I won't disagree with HRC "shooting herself in the foot", but the idea that the president represents constituents is:

A- wrong. That's the job of Congress.

B - If any one expected Trump to represent anyone's interests than his own, well...

Back to stupid gullible and ignorant.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo