gowlerk

Cops kill another scary looking unarmed black man

normiss

Maybe because you've made it clear that to you, "thugs" are "Negroes"?

And Hispanics/Latinos. That doesn't mean all are bad just those subgroups. Why is that so hard to grasp?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And yet, in this forum I state a strong dislike gang bangers and thugs and I am labeled a racist. I wonder why that is?

In this very thread you said that 13% of the population is committing 52% of all murders.

You then confirmed that when you refer to 13% you are referring to all black people.

You don't have a problem with just thugs and gang bangers. By your own words, you have a problem with all black people.

That is racist.

Still wondering?

- Dan G

DanG

If you are caucasian and get murdered, it's better than even odds that a negro was the murderer

Got a source for that? Statistics I've seen are the opposite.

That looks like classic Winsor sarcasm to me, as opposed to something said seriously.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've been looking over a lot of info regarding this shooting, none of it looks good.

I'd give an educated guess that this is a case of poor tactics and sympathetic fire in the case of the female officer.

My theory would be the male officer discharges his taser to keep the guy from getting into his car. The guy is obviously not in a right state of mind for whatever reason, deploying the taser would have prevented this thing from going mobile. It's unclear if the officer deploying the taser gave the "TASER, TASER, TASER" warning. If he didn't (or even if he did), the pop of the cartridge can be mistaken for a gunshot, in high stress situations.

The second issue would be positioning, it would appear the female officer was acting as cover officer for the taser.
If so, she is not in a good position to cover, and/or observe the taser deployment.

My theory is she was out of position, heard the pop, and fired. I see an indictment coming regardless.

Now let the flaming begin............

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

DanG

And yet, in this forum I state a strong dislike gang bangers and thugs and I am labeled a racist. I wonder why that is?

In this very thread you said that 13% of the population is committing 52% of all murders.

You then confirmed that when you refer to 13% you are referring to all black people.

You don't have a problem with just thugs and gang bangers. By your own words, you have a problem with all black people.

That is racist.

Still wondering?

Well, I first heard that statistic from Tj Sotomayor. He quoted the stats in a YouTube video talking about how dangerous niggers (his terminology) were. He makes a distinction between them and others of his race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Sotomayor

I posted the link to the video elsewhere in SC.

I do not have a problem with all black people, Negroes. I have borrowed winsor's terminology. It is the term I was taught and grew up with.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Another thought, the last ten years of my employment I worked with convicted felons with drug related charges. Most of my clients were thugs/Hispanics/Latinos. The treatment favored was/is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

The subgroup of thugs were generally average intelligence or lower. Their behavior diagram is something like this:

Event -> Emotion -> Action

Our focus was to teach them to add thinking to the process to alter the dynamic to:

Event -> Emotion -> Thinking -> Action

They are not taught that in the hood.

Hispanics/Latinos were different. They were generally higher functioning and incorporated the thinking process. Their analyzation frequently had a delayed revenge aspect.

kelpdiver

***Then I'd say neither of us said there was a direct correlation or that wealth inequality was the dominant factor.

I'd also say that expecting social behavour to follow a predictable formula, let alone a formula that has one variable, would be kinda dumb.

And by 'kinda', I mean 'really, really'.

so the point of reasoning here (wealth inequity causes violence) is a kinda of a unicorn - data in no way actually supports the thesis, but you want to talk about it anyway. That is, unfortunately, what social science tends to be.

No, I just wanted to point out that you didn't know what Kallend was trying to say. I made that pretty obvious, actually.

But also, the fact that spikes in poverty don't correlate to spikes in violence also doesn't mean that there is no data to support the theory that poverty and violence are connected. Your reasoning is far too simplistic.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

skycop

I've been looking over a lot of info regarding this shooting, none of it looks good.

I'd give an educated guess that this is a case of poor tactics and sympathetic fire in the case of the female officer.

My theory would be the male officer discharges his taser to keep the guy from getting into his car. The guy is obviously not in a right state of mind for whatever reason, deploying the taser would have prevented this thing from going mobile. It's unclear if the officer deploying the taser gave the "TASER, TASER, TASER" warning. If he didn't (or even if he did), the pop of the cartridge can be mistaken for a gunshot, in high stress situations.

The second issue would be positioning, it would appear the female officer was acting as cover officer for the taser.
If so, she is not in a good position to cover, and/or observe the taser deployment.

My theory is she was out of position, heard the pop, and fired. I see an indictment coming regardless.

That's more or less what I see as well.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jakee

No, I just wanted to point out that you didn't know what Kallend was trying to say. I made that pretty obvious, actually.

I've heard his song and dance for more than a decade - it's not hard to figure out, other than his refusal to stay on point when inconvenient.

But also, the fact that spikes in poverty don't correlate to spikes in violence also doesn't mean that there is no data to support the theory that poverty and violence are connected. Your reasoning is far too simplistic.

Keep your excuses straight - it was wealth inequality that was being cited to justify the high homicide rate in the black population. And saying "it's complicated" doesn't allow the speaker to avoid providing any semblance of supporting data, particularly when faced with contradictory facts.

If you want to change over to poverty causes murders - then will need to visit the demographics and show the same prevalence.

Personally, I suspect you'll find much more in the lack of parents or the abysmal high school graduation rates.

skycop

I think that's exactly what it was too. Anyone who hasn't popped off an accidental round on the range hasn't been shooting very much. Add in a shitload of stress, sweaty hands, something startles you and it's real easy to squeeze of a round. She's saying she reacted to him reaching in because she know she fucked up. Her lawyer, the union, her boss, etc will never let her say otherwise.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

How in the world do you reach into a rolled up window?

Whatever she says she saw him do. Not my words. I looked around, there's a couple of police chiefs saying they think she shot accidentally. After she pulled the trigger it's just words coming from her mouth. They found PCP in the car, they'll probably find a little in him and they still have him on video not complying and then bringing his hands come down when he's next to the door. If you're black and have a gun pointed at you that's a death sentence, they just need to file the paperwork to make it look good.

DanG

Statistically you should more afraid of other whites than blacks.

But where's the fun in that?

Statistically, blacks should be more afraid of other blacks than cops.

But where's the fun in that?

DanG

you should be looking at poverty instead of skin color.

That's absolutely correct. Blacks don't murder at higher rates just because they're black - there are other factors involved. Similarly, cops don't kill blacks at a higher rate just because they're black - there are other factors involved.

DanG

belief that blacks are killing whites is completely false.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=148452;

First, as Jakee already pointed out, there were about 14,000 murders that year. Your chart doesn't account for the 8,000 murders where there is no information on the offender - quite a sobering thought if you ask me.

...but still, the chart shows that more blacks kill whites than whites kills blacks - so your point is pointless. It also shows that blacks are grossly over represented when it comes to their share of the murder rate, which might help to explain why they're also over represented when it comes to being killed by cops.

But like you said, what's the fun it that. . .
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

DJL

You guys gotta stop with this statistics bullshit.

Right on! Statistics is a mathematical process to lie and manipulate.

Only TV SciFi characters make decisions solely on statistics. SC is an emotional forum and a place for venting. The bottom line is that people decide based on how they feel.

When you bring statistics into the argument you just make others frustrated and they have to vent to a higher level of intensity.

Intelligent people learn to express emotions in a socially acceptable manner not justify their emotion with statistics.

RonD1120

***You guys gotta stop with this statistics bullshit.

Right on! Statistics is a mathematical process to lie and manipulate.

Only TV SciFi characters make decisions solely on statistics. SC is an emotional forum and a place for venting. The bottom line is that people decide based on how they feel.

When you bring statistics into the argument you just make others frustrated and they have to vent to a higher level of intensity.

Intelligent people learn to express emotions in a socially acceptable manner not justify their emotion with statistics.

I get your point but showing that a higher percentage of black people per capita or whatever the fuck doesn't mean you should grab your purse (or pull out a gun) every time you see a black man. Blind statistics doesn't look at the circumstances surrounding an issue when it comes to human actions.