Rstanley0312

Climate Change discussion (always fun)

brenthutch

If the impact was so sever, one would think it would have manifested itself by now.

So what you are saying is if it hasn't happened yet, it isn't going to happen at all. Do I have that right?

Where that kind of thinking breaks down is you don't understand the time scale under which these changes happen. It is like if you have a pot of water that is being warmed by a flame. The flame has been the same intensity for a long time, so the water has reached a steady temperature.

Suddenly we turn up the intensity of the flame. Scientists know that pot is going to get warmer and eventually boil. It is just going to take time.

You are like, "See we turned up the flame and nothing happened. So let's ignore it." That is wrong. The debate shouldn't be about whether or not the climate is going to get warmer. It will get warmer. The debate should be what are we going to do about it.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence

>Wonder what the dinosaurs thought when the temps starting rising.

"The climate isn't changing. And even if it is, those meteor impacts had NOTHING to do with it. And even if they did, the change will be a good thing for dinosaurs. If nothing bad hasn't happened over the past million years, it never will. I laugh at all those mammal alarmists!"

brenthutch

***Wonder what the dinosaurs thought when the temps starting rising.

I think you meant "when the temps started dropping". Read a book, it helps prevent foot-in-mouth disease.

Climate change can go in both directions.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anachronist

Wow, you guys are so pathetically retarded you would ease your own suffering, and everyone else's by putting a bullet in your heads. I gleefully await the day when all of you ass backward old retards are 6 feet under and we can start cleaning up the mess you've made.

I am a firm believer in anthropomorphic climate change as my posting history will show. I don't know why you call me retarded unless you also consider yourself a retard.

Perhaps you should do some research before starting with the insults.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anachronist

Wow, you guys are so pathetically retarded you would ease your own suffering, and everyone else's by putting a bullet in your heads. I gleefully await the day when all of you ass backward old retards are 6 feet under and we can start cleaning up the mess you've made.

You obviously have the knowledge to make your arguments without the personal attacks, are they really needed?

chutem

***Wow, you guys are so pathetically retarded you would ease your own suffering, and everyone else's by putting a bullet in your heads. I gleefully await the day when all of you ass backward old retards are 6 feet under and we can start cleaning up the mess you've made.

You obviously have the knowledge to make your arguments without the personal attacks, are they really needed?

She clearly lacks the intellect to engage on anything more than an emotional basis.

Anachronist

News flash - you brilliant youngsters are royally fucked either way. I think it's cute that you think that youth is any match for the issues we face as a species.

Mankind is in the midst of a systemic disaster, and climate change is only a minor symptom - kinda like running a temperature when one has the Black Plague.

BTW, I'll happily put my credentials against yours, given your previous diatribe on what qualifies one to an opinion. Then again, I never did finish High School...

Anachronist

So one of the greatest failings in the scientific community is the lack of disseminating information in a way that is comprehensible to the general public

Do you think the following quotes are conducive to disseminating information efficiently?

Anachronist

"do yourself and everyone else a favor by keeping your damn mouth shut"

"you also have no idea what you are talking"

"Wow, you guys are so pathetically retarded"

"I gleefully await the day when all of you ass backward old retards are 6 feet under"

Your post contradicts itself - you offer nothing of substance to the discussion, because it's all you've got - nothing.

You, and people like you are the problem.

Anachronist

Your ignorance and confidence in it, is a plague.

No, your arrogance is.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

kallend

***Wow, you guys are so pathetically retarded you would ease your own suffering, and everyone else's by putting a bullet in your heads. I gleefully await the day when all of you ass backward old retards are 6 feet under and we can start cleaning up the mess you've made.

I am a firm believer in anthropomorphic climate change as my posting history will show. I don't know why you call me retarded unless you also consider yourself a retard.

I agree, yes, both of you.

brenthutch

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430380/al-gore-doomsday-clock-expires-climate-change-fanatics-wrong-again

I pay $4 a gallon for locally produced organic milk and $2.20 for a gallon of gas. NYC, polar bears, and the Maldives are all still here, record high levels of food production record low levels of hurricanes and tornados, yada yada.... What am I missing?

I gave you a step by step of how everything in that video is a crock of shit. What do you want?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430380/al-gore-doomsday-clock-expires-climate-change-fanatics-wrong-again

I pay $4 a gallon for locally produced organic milk and $2.20 for a gallon of gas. NYC, polar bears, and the Maldives are all still here, record high levels of food production record low levels of hurricanes and tornados, yada yada.... What am I missing?

I gave you a step by step of how everything in that video is a crock of shit. What do you want?

People to agree with him and Rush. Truth and fact doesn't matter.

gowlerk

To jerk your chain is my guess.

I have no illusion that half of his fun is getting the peace-nik liberals all riled up.

Truth and fact doesn't matter.

I don't have time to talk about how bad that video was point by point, but want to put one of it's so called "myths" into perspective.

In "Myth #3" they tried to use a recent study that found that the Antarctica Ice Sheet was getting thicker to disprove the entire concept of global warming.

Well these two graphs should put that in context. This data is from a polar orbiting satellite which measure local anomalies in gravity to get the total mass of the ice sheet. The general trend is down, with an exception for that past two years where it goes up slightly. Look at it though, that up-tick is what you could call local variation it the graph, it doesn't disprove anything.

But to the guy in the video cleverly forgot to mention anything about the Greenland ice sheet. Which has a very consistent trend.

Hey Brenthutch, it's all laid out in front of you now. What's your take? This isn't about winning an internet argument, there are bigger things at play.

AlanS

And the extent of the Arctic Ice Sheet remains 2 standard deviation below the 1981-2010 years.

And it has been there before...

Climate can not be studied in the context of one life time.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln