billvon

Trump donor alert

quade

*** funnier than f****** hell considering what's the news has been about the Clinton Foundation

What news? Please post the news showing actual evidence of wrongdoing.

the evidence against Killary is clearer than that for global warming, what happened to actions speak louder than words, she a proven liar and crook, what's unproven (so far) is her link to numerous mysterious deaths

most of what there is on Trump is words, except for his proven business successes, track record of equal employment, actually have a real job, and may other positive things

can't think of anything positive about Killary

something has to change, it's Trump time
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

BIGUN

OK. Thanks. Did a search but not using those parameters. Here's the deal from my perspective.

My other half started her Veterinary business 20 years ago. The landlord offered her no cost lease for six months, so she could get up and running financially. She was then tied to a lease based on gross revenues with a cap after a year.

They're called gross leases. He basically subsidized the campaign headquarters till they got money rolling in.

What happened?

To me, this is a non-issue. Hillary's still got him outspent 2-1.

He stated that since he was so damn rich, he was self funding.

"They're called gross leases. He basically subsidized the campaign headquarters till they got money rolling in."

What money rolling in? He clearly stated that he is paying for the whole campaign.

https://youtu.be/qMJv83uYfRw

>she a proven liar and crook

Well, but see, they tried to prove that and failed.

>most of what there is on Trump is words, except for his proven business successes,
>track record of equal employment, actually have a real job, and may other positive
>things

Of course he does stand accused of raping a 13 year old girl - and there is far more proof of that than proof that "killary" has killed anyone. There is plenty of evidence that she sucks at emails, though.

So which "crime" do you find worse?

jclalor

*** funnier than f****** hell considering what's the news has been about the Clinton Foundation

The Clinton foundation helps more of humanity in a single day than Trump has in his entire life.

If you call Hillary and Bill humanity

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Your post is accurate. As a veteran on the lookout for veteran scams, I and other VVA members use Charity Navigator. When I checked the Clinton Foundation I found that is the wrong name. It should be Bill Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation and Charity Navigator does not rate it. The stated reason is that the charity does not fit their criteria. I find that interesting.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=311580204

Furthermore, CharityWatch has received some criticism because its rating system does not follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the bible of the profession. I find that also interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CharityWatch

Of course it is just a criticism, CW does nothing wrong. However, isn't curious how the Clintons are always evaluated differently than others in the similar circumstances?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Almost as if people shade their view of them prior to looking at factual evidence.

Charity Navigator has always appeared to be one of if not the top ratings source for charitable organizations - think in this case it's due mostly to the way some donations are classified, and they seem to have issues with the financing of the Clinton Foundation, but Charitywatch.org
gives them an A rating, and all the reasoning appears to be solid to me.
Politics aside, they do good work all over the planet.

Good post Ron, thanks.

normiss

Oh, as a follow up....
Out of curiosity, I checked Charity Watch for the Wounded Warrior Project and saw they give them 3 stars. >:(
I'm suddenly somewhat skeptical.

I akin the goings on at the Clinton Foundation to be that on par of The Wounded Warrior Project. Peel back the layers and don't look at "some" of the good results that are intended for public relations motives; but the cronyism and foolery behind the scenes.

The Special Forces Association withdrew its support of the WWP some time ago. Hence, the reason for the Green Beret Foundation.

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/news/as-a-disabled-veteran-i-no-longer-support-wounded-warrior-project/
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

SkyDekker

but the cronyism and foolery behind the scenes.

Which is present in every company, corporation, foundation, charity etc. at every level.

Agreed.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

normiss

I must have missed information on how much the executives are getting paid then, I just read that the administrative overhead was very low (3% I think?).
Seems very low compared to some of the other charitable groups out there.

Fair Question. Around 2014; they had a much higher admin overhead cost (so much so they were raising eyebrows and with the number of veterans requesting assistance; but, getting WWP beanie caps instead - raised a lot of eyebrows and they were scrutinized at that time. When people/organizations started withdrawing their support; WWP was placed on the government charitable paycheck withdrawal program. Most government employees were encouraged to support this new program with direct charitable donations taken out of their paychecks. The result was a much greater income; thereby shrinking the admin costs virtually overnight.

ETA: Charity ratings[edit]
The Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance has accredited WWP as meeting the 20 standards for charity accountability.[32] According to Charity Navigator, WWP allocates 58.8 percent of its revenue to program expenses and 35.2 percent to fundraising and administrative expenses.[33] WWP received a “C” rating from the American Institute of Philanthropy (Jan 2016), C+ by Charity Watch, and "three out of four stars" from Charity Navigator.[34] According to Nonprofit Quarterly, "Depending on the rater, the Wounded Warriors Project seems to have scored low (Charity Watch), high (BBB Wise Giving Alliance) or somewhere in the middle (Charity Navigator)."[34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Warrior_Project#cite_note-Nonprofit_Quarterly-34

My bad, I wasn't clear at all.
I was referring to the Clinton Foundation.

Having participated in a number of WWP events, I was fully aware of their issues at that time. After a number of years of busting my ass for free tandems (as well as donating all of my tandem pay back to them) all weekend long, I stopped.
I was surprised about the paycheck withdrawal program, I effing hate those. Feels like a mafia strong-arm trying to get my money!

Aaah. OK.

So, 3% is good.

However, just as in the case of most corporations; Salary is an admin expense. However, all of the other costs I incurred for flights to conventions, rental cars, hotels... basically, all the things I would put on an expense report goes into different line items such as costs of goods sold, marketing, business travel, etc.

The issue I have with the Clinton Foundation and the reason they came under scrutiny was due to the high speaking fees Bill received right before a major piece of legislation was to be signed by the then Secretary of State. The more he was paid, in fact, the highest payor would generally get the contract.

And, I guess, I can express my issues with the Clinton Foundation the same as those of the WWP.

“It seems like the Clinton Foundation operates as a slush fund for the Clintons,” said Bill Allison, a senior fellow at the Sunlight Foundation, a government watchdog group where progressive Democrat and Fordham Law professor Zephyr Teachout was once an organizing director.

In July 2013, Eric Braverman, a friend of Chelsea Clinton from when they both worked at McKinsey & Co., took over as CEO of the Clinton Foundation. He took home nearly $275,000 in salary, benefits and a housing allowance from the nonprofit for just five months’ work in 2013, tax filings show. Less than a year later, his salary increased to $395,000, according to a report in Politico.

Braverman abruptly left the foundation earlier this year, after a falling-out with the old Clinton guard over reforms he wanted to impose at the charity, Politico reported. Last month, Donna Shalala, a former secretary of health and human services under President Clinton, was hired to replace Braverman.

Nine other executives received salaries over $100,000 in 2013, tax filings show.

The nonprofit came under fire last week following reports that Hillary Clinton, while she was secretary of state, signed off on a deal that allowed a Russian government enterprise to control one-fifth of all uranium producing capacity in the United States. Rosatom, the Russian company, acquired a Canadian firm controlled by Frank Giustra, a friend of Bill Clinton’s and member of the foundation board, who has pledged over $130 million to the Clinton family charity.

The group also failed to disclose millions of dollars it received in foreign donations from 2010 to 2012 and is hurriedly refiling five years’ worth of tax returns after reporters raised questions about the discrepancies in its filings last week.

An accountant for the Clinton Foundation did not return The Post’s calls seeking clarification on its expenses Friday, and a spokesperson for the group refused comment.

SOURCE: http://nypost.com/2015/04/26/charity-watchdog-clinton-foundation-a-slush-fund/

As Hillary Clinton moves toward a second run for the White House, her family’s global charitable work, mostly through the Clinton Foundation, has come under intense scrutiny. The foundation has accepted large donations from corporations and foreign countries, raising concerns that the Clintons are creating conflicts of interest by blurring the lines between their political, business and charitable interests.

The Washington Post reported last month that the foundation’s donors include seven foreign governments that contributed millions during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state. Among those donations was a $500,000 contribution from the Algerian government for earthquake relief in Haiti that the foundation has acknowledged violated the terms of an ethics agreement with the Obama administration....

...Bill Clinton also introduced Marriott officials to Denis O’Brien, an Irish telecom billionaire who has contributed millions to the Clinton Foundation. The result is a $45 million Marriott hotel that opened this month in central Port-au-Prince. O’Brien said no Clinton money was invested in the project.

The ultra-modern hotel is adjacent to the headquarters of Digicel, a communications giant owned by O’Brien. When The Post visited recently, many, if not most, guests seemed to be foreign businessmen connected to Digicel.

SOURCE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-the-clintons-haiti-development-plans-succeed--and-disappoint/2015/03/20/0ebae25e-cbe9-11e4-a2a7-9517a3a70506_story.html?tid=HP_more[/quote]

Speaking of Denis O'Brien...

***In October 2010, for instance, Clinton accepted $225,000 to give a speech in Jamaica sponsored in part by the Irish telecom firm Digicel (owned by O'Brien). Just weeks earlier, Digicel had submitted an application to USAID, an agency overseen by the State Department, for millions of dollars in grant money to fund a mobile-phone money transfer service in Haiti. Two months after the speech, Digicel received the first installment of grant money. The company’s chairman, Irish billionaire Denis O'Brien, was also a major contributor to the Clintons' charitable enterprises.

A spokeswoman for Digicel told ABC News that its sponsorship of the Jamaica speech had nothing to do with the company’s other projects. To imply otherwise, said spokeswoman Gillian Power, “suggests an association of unrelated events which create a misleading representation of Digicel and its founder, Denis O’Brien in relation to their collaboration with President Clinton in developing Haiti.”

SOURCE: I found the article to be fair on both sides - http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bill-clinton-cashed-hillary-secretary-state/story?id=30522705

In the end, There is weight on both sides of the coin. Personally, I am retracting my earlier hard & fast comment to one of middle ground. Has the foundation done some good things? I think so. Have they always accomplished it the right way. I don't believe so.

Quite frankly, I believe this to to be a, "Which side of the aisle you're on; as to which side you'll give more weight to."

Keith

I made it to here:
The nonprofit came under fire last week following reports that Hillary Clinton, while she was secretary of state, signed off on a deal that allowed a Russian government enterprise to control one-fifth of all uranium producing capacity in the United States

Because of this:
Not true

For me, this isn't a party issue, must more of the hate movement against Hillary.
Yet the people that feel that way will continue to misconstrue facts and manipulate semantics to support the hatred.
I'd respect people if they could just admit "I dislike her, that's why".

billvon

>Has the foundation done some good things? I think so. Have they always accomplished
>it the right way. I don't believe so.

Good summary and I agree. It's done a lot of good; it definitely could have been managed better.

Name any institution on the planet which couldn't have.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This was important to me. Thanks for sharing.

Even, While it’s conceivable Clinton advocated for the deal, the author of Clinton Cash Peter Schweizer himself admitted that he doesn’t have "direct evidence" proving Clinton played a part.

And, on a final note... I dislike Trump; but I dislike Hillary more. ;)

From the very limited number of emails I read, it seems to me that a lot of people asked for favors (including foundation donors) but there's no evidence that donors got any more favors than anyone else. And there's no law against asking for a meeting.

I mean there's a big fuss about an Arab crown prince. But given the system of government in his country, he is basically like the VP over here or the deputy PM in Britain, either of whom would rate a meeting with a senior diplomat in any country. In fact if Prince Charles (effectively a "crown prince" with almost no actual power) asked for a meeting with the Secretary of State I'm sure he would be accommodated.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

BIGUN

This was important to me. Thanks for sharing.

Even, While it’s conceivable Clinton advocated for the deal, the author of Clinton Cash Peter Schweizer himself admitted that he doesn’t have "direct evidence" proving Clinton played a part.

And, on a final note... I dislike Trump; but I dislike Hillary more. ;)
So the bottom line is, if you have any political ambitions it is good to be a self-serving narcissistic bully who sends jobs out of the country, screws over employees and contractors, brings in foreign workers instead of hiring Americans, knowingly promotes conspiracy theories based on lies, and so on, and it is contemptible to ensure AIDS and malaria patients have access to medication, or that poor people have access to education or loans to help them start small businesses. Got it! :S>:(

Don