StreetScooby

So, my thread has been blocked...

If you are calling for an open and frank discussion,

I did my best, man, and you shut it down. So be it.

May you never have to look a friend in the eye and say "Be careful out there", and then fully realize they could die at the hands of a group that the Obama administration says has "legitimate concerns". It's a surreal experience dude. And it's wrong. And it has to stop now.
We are all engines of karma

StreetScooby

If you are calling for an open and frank discussion,

I did my best, man, and you shut it down. So be it.

Rather than ask for an open and frank discussion about what is wrong with a group of people you know little about, and have great disregard for, you should consider an open and frank discussion about your own shortcomings and those of your own group. Only then will you be taken seriously.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

aphid

***The left has to be willing to recognize the problem and address it without shouting "racism!" - and the right is going to have to put aside their prejudice and open their pockets to help fix it.

Rather than give credit or affix blame, perhaps aim for..."we are going to have to put aside our prejudice and open our pockets and minds to help fix it."

This is a socioeconomic issue, not racial. However due to current immigration laws and past laws and policies some races are impacted more than others.

Who's we? The government? They're the enablers, not the solution.

Those not involved can only assist but any attempts made to "fix" this for them will not only fail miserably but also increase the problem and increase anger by others over entitlement.

About the only thing the government could do to help would be immigration and drug law reform.

There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves.

-Jane Austen
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

>May you never have to look a friend in the eye and say "Be careful out there", and
>then fully realize they could die at the hands of a group that the Obama administration
>says has "legitimate concerns"

And may you never see a friend killed due to an issue you mock.

I believe there is a black militant culture that is purposely being instigated to create chaos, mayhem and murder. I believe that is one factor in the program of the power elite. I believe radical Islamic terrorism is another. I believe we need to find safety by banning together. I believe we, as a nation need to humble ourselves and turn to God to heal our nation. God has a plan, Satan has a plot.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

How is your racist ass not yet taking a vacation?
Racism much?
Where did you acquire such a broad brush to paint your labels with?

Cant take on the point so you throw the racist card:D:D

Desperate bigotry on display!!!!

Thanks for playing[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***When you have rappers singing songs about killing police (Ice-T, and many others), there's a problem.

That's right. Freedom of speech is an issue, right to walk around with guns is not an issue. That's the spirit!

Hmmmm

You like to limit some rights but others, not so much

Hypocrisy on full display.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******When you have rappers singing songs about killing police (Ice-T, and many others), there's a problem.

That's right. Freedom of speech is an issue, right to walk around with guns is not an issue. That's the spirit!

Hmmmm

Actually, I am fine with limits on both.

SkyDekker

*********When you have rappers singing songs about killing police (Ice-T, and many others), there's a problem.

Hmmmm

Actually, I am fine with limits on both.

Not seen in your post here
Abraham Lincoln

Bolas

******The left has to be willing to recognize the problem and address it without shouting "racism!" - and the right is going to have to put aside their prejudice and open their pockets to help fix it.

Rather than give credit or affix blame, perhaps aim for..."we are going to have to put aside our prejudice and open our pockets and minds to help fix it."

This is a socioeconomic issue, not racial. However due to current immigration laws and past laws and policies some races are impacted more than others.

Who's we? The government? They're the enablers, not the solution.

Those not involved can only assist but any attempts made to "fix" this for them will not only fail miserably but also increase the problem and increase anger by others over entitlement.
Right now it seems that rich suburban schools are entitled to better educational programs and more funding than poverty stricken inner city schools.

I would agree that welfare and healthcare don't necessarily help people get out of poverty, but they do help lessen the stench from the shit end of a stick.

Bolas

About the only thing the government could do to help would be immigration and drug law reform.

The CDC seems pretty adamant about inner city educational programs that address the violent culture within our youth.

This is of course a generational fix and not a quick one - neither is it as inflammatory as gun control and racism, so it often goes unnoticed.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

gowlerk

you should consider an open and frank discussion about your own shortcomings and those of your own group. Only then will you be taken seriously.

Ya, we have crazy rednecks and white trash, but we keep them confined to trailer parks. The main difference is that their children still get to go to rich white people schools which might explain why trailer parks seem to be less violent than the projects.

(You know, you're right - I can already feel an elevated sense of credibility.)
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

It's interesting to note that while the anger appears to have been sparked from racial tensions at the time of the police shootings, the killer in Dallas, Micah Johnson, was an Army veteran of the war in Afghanistan and was clearly in need of mental health treatment. The Baton Rouge killer, Gavin Long, a former Marine, had claimed allegiance to a “sovereign citizen” group, an anti-government organization that sees itself as exempt from state and federal authority.

Seems like they are taking advantage of situations to make personal statements as opposed to being part of or supporting organized groups. Somewhat like recent mass killings and attempts to blame them on radical Islam, when they aren't.

Right now it seems that rich suburban schools are entitled to better educational programs and more funding than poverty stricken inner city schools.

This is a major issue, especially in NYC, IMO, and the leading political figures simply do nothing about it, other than give charter schools as much trouble as they can. It is another shocking observation added to an already large collection of shocking observations. Black and hispanic politicians and parents should be having daily protests in front of their schools to do something about this.

Do you have any ideas for solutions...

The solution is straight forward. Take personal responsibility for yourself and your family. Don't waste time on false narratives and specious assertions. In short, liberals will tell you that these folks can't take care of themselves, bottom line. And it's bullshit. And it has to stop.

StreetScooby

The solution is straight forward. Take personal responsibility for yourself and your family. Don't waste time on false narratives and specious assertions. In short, liberals will tell you that these folks can't take care of themselves, bottom line. And it's bullshit. And it has to stop.

Agreed.

Well, since you're not involved with that solution, why talk about it?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well that's some outstanding politician level bullshit. How does one make that come about? Who do you think you are reaching with your "vital to the conversation" thread? Are there a bunch of skydivers who read this page that are engaging in this "culture" you are so miffed about?

- Dan G

Hi Scooby,

I'm the one who locked your original thread. I debated in my mind as to whether to ban you or not. I decide to not ban you nor delete or otherwise trash you post. I wanted other people to see it and for it to remain searchable by others in the future untainted by random comments from others.

I've been sitting back to watch your reaction and try to listen to your point of view.

Recently you posted in this thread about another incident involving a police officer being shot at in Kansas.

Billvon posted some other recent incidents involving police violence.

You maintain, "This shit has to stop."

If you would please answer one, very simple question for me so I can better understand your point of view regarding race relations in the US.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

StreetScooby

Just a generation ago, plenty of black people had trouble getting employment due to the colour of their skin.

You think this should be all solved this short time frame later? And, because it isn't solved you blame the people who really didn't create the problem to begin with.

Not sure how any of this makes any sense, unless of course you are a racist.