turtlespeed

Pretty soon they will have the Orlando shooting . . .

. . . All the way down to workplace violence.

Let's just delete what he said from he 911 tapes - nothing quite like creative editing.:|

The admin is so scared of saying that the guy was a racial islamist they will break their necks trying to spin away from looking at the reality.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think the transcripts ought to be released in full, but it's not my call.

It's a tough call for those that have to make it for several reasons. I know you'd probably whine and complain about any point-by-point reasons I'd care to lay out. Some are more and some are less important.

For a more nuanced analysis of those pros and cons though, let me direct people to a specific Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/744913997397368837
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

I think the transcripts ought to be released in full, but it's not my call.

It's a tough call for those that have to make it for several reasons. I know you'd probably whine and complain about any point-by-point reasons I'd care to lay out. Some are more and some are less important.

For a more nuanced analysis of those pros and cons though, let me direct people to a specific Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/744913997397368837

The only reason I can see or, rather, any logical reason for this kind of action, is rooted in fear.
Not necessarily fear of reprisal from the terrorists, but fear of losing face.

I see no difference between this and the Ft. Hood mislabeling.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

The only reason I can see or, rather, any logical reason for this kind of action, is rooted in fear.
Not necessarily fear of reprisal from the terrorists, but fear of losing face.

I'll agree it's all about fear, but if you're limiting it to just "fear of losing face" then perhaps your imagination isn't quite as large as some others.

Fear of copy cats is one I'd put right up at the top of the list.

It's like that one part in "Alice's Restaurant" where if ONE guy says it maybe he's a nut, but if TWO guys say it maybe it's something else, and if THREE guys say it, then maybe it's a movement.

Whether or not there really would be a movement or create one is irrelevant, but releasing the exact words to say might inspire others and if that happens it will be difficult to tell if these are lone wolf situations or coordinated efforts.

And that's just ONE scenario I can think of.

Like I said, it's a tough call.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree and it makes no difference what the BHO bunch, the media or anyone else who wants to spin it claims. The Orlando shooting and the others are all radical Islamic terrorist attacks. We know the truth. We don't know what is going to be done about it. Be armed, be prepared and avoid gun free target rich environments as best you can.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Hi turtle,

The admin is so scared . . .

Since none of us have access to the transcripts, how do we know that there are any "references of radical Islamic beliefs"?

Just more horse-pucky from FOX News.

You can believe what you want, I'll wait for more info.

Jerry Baumchen

I don't understand what all the fuss is about (except that it something Obama did, so there will always be fuss). They said that he claimed to be an ISIS fighter, that he was doing the attack because we are bombing Muslims in Iraq and Syria, and that he pledged allegiance to the leader of ISIS.

Clearly they are not afraid of letting the word out that he was claiming to be a radical Islamist. They just don't want his actual words, or a recording of his voice, out there for ISIS to use as propaganda.

Whatever.

- Dan G

>The admin is so scared of saying that the guy was a racial islamist they will break
>their necks trying to spin away from looking at the reality.

And if they had released the tape in its entirety your post would have read:

"Obama has no problem letting terrorists win and broadcasting their messages to the whole world, which is what they want. No wonder he's seen as a terrorist sympathizer."

billvon

>The admin is so scared of saying that the guy was a racial islamist they will break

"Obama has no problem letting terrorists win and broadcasting their messages to the whole world, which is what they want. No wonder he's seen as a terrorist sympathizer."

Well I guess we will find out if your are right now huh?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>The admin is so scared of saying that the guy was a racial islamist they will break

Well I guess we will find out if your are right now huh?

Funny you would pick that side.

Since clearly turtle is demonstrably wrong with his first post. But then, you won't be pointing that out.

billvon

>Since clearly turtle is demonstrably wrong with his first post. But then, you won't be
>pointing that out.

I suspect the spin will be "Obama was scared of conservatives so he caved."

How was I wrong?

The AG said she would scrub it.

They tried . . .

Then had to reverse their momentum.

And for good reason.

It may have taken a lot of persuasion - but at least pressure can make them do the right thing. Sometimes.

911 tapes are public record, but the investigation is still ongoing so not available yet.

The issue isn't trying to be PC and pretend that Islamic extremists don't exist, they do, and they have killed thousands of US soldiers in the last 15 years.

The issue is trying to not fall into the post 9/11 trap and coming out guns blazing with no plan and end up fighting Vietnam Part 2, or in this case Part 3.

Was this guy an Islamic extremist, yeah most definitely, so why not treat it like that? Because people are really stupid (See Vietnam Part 1 and 2) and there is no target that can be attacked to "fix" it.

What this guy is/was, is someone who may or may not have had mental illness, was radicalized by an ideology, and acted on it. What he wasn't, was trained or funded by a terrorist organization and didn't have any significant ties to one, he acted independently (at least so far it looks that way).

Just like the kid who shot up the black church, acted independently (as far as we know). Not endorsed or trained or funded by the KKK or anyone else, just a crazy redneck who was radicalized by an ideology and acted on his own.

So if we start calling every kook who proclaims and ideological motive, now Westboro is a Cristian Extremist group, all the abortion clinic attackers are Christian Extremists, Israel is a Jewish Extremist Group, etc etc ad nauseam... "Christian Extremism" is a bigger domestic problem than any other religion just btw.

It is an effort to look at actual, more relevant problems, not just Bush era fear mongering or looking for the "commie boogieman/scapegoat."

Ultimately the semantics are irrelevant and the hyper-conservative "thanks Obama" crowd is a shrinking demographic in it's death throes.

Not to mention that any religious belief could be classified as a mental disorder under the DSM. The belief in cosmic wizardry is equally retarded (and dangerous) no matter which one is chosen.

If you want to find the real culprit for your sad miserable existence and a target for all your hate, check the mirror.

The issue is trying to not fall into the post 9/11 trap and coming out guns blazing with no plan

Part of the motivation for radicalization in this case may have been the dislike of Muslims and the actual or perceived bad treatment of Muslims in the US.

Easy to get into a vicious circle, where fear and hatred of Muslims breads more radicalization, which breads more fear and hatred. (You can start the circle anywhere you want)

billvon

>>I suspect the spin will be "Obama was scared of conservatives so he caved."

>It may have taken a lot of persuasion - but at least pressure can make them do the
>right thing.

Can I call the spin or what?

Did you read the article?
I'm not the one saying it.

wmw999

Good post. Can't think of anything to add.

Wendy P.

It really irks me when the government attempts to change the facts and hide the truth.

turtlespeed

***Good post. Can't think of anything to add.

Wendy P.

It really irks me when the government attempts to change the facts and hide the truth.

Excellent! I agree!

Now, what was in the transcripts you didn't already know? Any big revelations? Something earth shattering?

I mean there must have been something?

turtlespeed

***Good post. Can't think of anything to add.

Wendy P.

Like the 2003 SOTU address? Like "Mission Accomplished"? Like "we are not making wiretaps without a court order"?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

...and the vicious circle continues.

Now who's the one making shit up just to get back at the stupid righties?

This forum is starting to remind me of elderly people at an HOA that are constantly bickering and reporting each other for property violations.

There was one old guy living in a duplex that ran out of shit to bitch about, so he spent $500 on a land survey just so he could have proof that his neighbor's flower bed was encroaching 5 square inches onto a useless section of his property, lol.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Anachronist

The issue is trying to not fall into the post 9/11 trap and coming out guns blazing with no plan and end up fighting Vietnam Part 2, or in this case Part 3.

"Vietnam, pffft - what are you talking about, Vietnam. . .that statement doesn't make any fucking sense at all."

Anachronist

See Vietnam Part 1 and 2

"Well, saying it over and over isn't gonna make any more sense out of it."

Anachronist

now Westboro is a Cristian Extremist group

Yes, and if they start killing, they'd achieve christian terrorist status.

Anachronist

all the abortion clinic attackers are Christian Extremists

If they're doing it in the name of christianity, then yes.

Anachronist

"Christian Extremism" is a bigger domestic problem than any other religion just btw.

In what way?

Anachronist

any religious belief could be classified as a mental disorder under the DSM.

Or perhaps people with mental disorders are more susceptible to certain types of belief systems. For example, people with gender identity disorders or kleptomania may have a propensity toward liberalism. . .
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

SkyDekker

******Good post. Can't think of anything to add.

Wendy P.

Excellent! I agree!

Now, what was in the transcripts you didn't already know? Any big revelations? Something earth shattering?

I mean there must have been something?

One thing has nothing to with the other.

Sensorship is sensorship.

It's a tough call for those that have to make it for several reasons.

Read through the info....I just don't see how this was such a hard call. I personally believe the guy had more sexual confusion.....but he did make the comments....plus it was already reported. To me it was poorly played and APPEARS to be more of an attempt to minimize the fact that a terrorist attack took place.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little